You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Watford (A) Premier League 29/02/2020 - 17:30

Bjornebye

Just now, Creator Supreme said:

Probably not! This has been coming, shite against Norwich and West Ham but got away with it. And being honest apart from City at home and Leicester away I've not been overly impressed this season. They've been winning matches despite their performances rather than because of them.

The run was built on a house of cards, and Watford have just taken away one of the bottom cards. The rest will surely follow!

I can't entirely disagree that our attacking play has often been ponderous and we've had more poor performances than the table suggests - thats definitely true. However our season has been absolutely breathtaking. 

I am not a fan of Lovren but how he can blamed for either the second and third goal is beyond me. 

For the second, we thought it was going out and switched off, I actually thought Allison, due to his high standards, could have done better for the second. 

TAA playing a lazy ball is no ones fault but TAA. 

As for the first, yes the ball bounces over his head, but VVD should never have let the cross come in. 

We gifted them all three goals, we were poor all over the pitch and we seemed like we were not interested. I don't believe we weren't interested, but we were very slow. 

As a few have said this has been coming for a while, Watford had nothing to lose and maybe that helped them. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, andyj said:

so you have never had an off day when things have not gone your way ? shit happens its 1 game if it turns into a run of 3 of 4 then start blaming whatever you like......oh and by the way this was our first winter break so fuck off with you blaming that and Klopp

Its the first official Winter break. When we've been knocked out of the cups early Klopp has used the gap for a winter break. And we've been shite each time.

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Its reality.

Fucking hell lad, we're still 22 points clear (OK, City have a whole game in hand) and one loss out of 45 games in the league doesn't deserve all the shit you and a few others are spouting. It's also cute that you seem to think the poor performances of late are all down to having a 10 day break. You should get yourself down to the peer and tell people's fortunes. 

Weirdly we probably needed that defeat. We have been complacent and it also shows that we still struggle against snidey shithouse teams who set out to stifle us. Both them and West Ham probably just wanted to put 10 men behind the ball but both grew in belief that they could have a go at us. 

This hopefully will make Klopp see that we definitely need to get a creative midfielder and that we cannot keep playing the front 3 virtually every single game without them being knackeredn or us becoming too predictable.

Hope this shakes us up and gets us back to where we were earlier in the season and increases the urgency of summer business. 

Lovren seems to want push people in the back at every opportunity and give away stupid free kicks to constantly put us under pressure.

• Upvote 6

2 minutes ago, dave u said:

Or maybe it was the three of them just playing like fucking shite?

The midfield and fullbacks were just as bad. Apparently that's because of Lovren.

Everyone was shite as I said.  Lovren went above and beyond as usual though. 

It was obvious they were targetting our right side from the off and that's were they had success.

1 minute ago, Pistonbroke said:

Fucking hell lad, we're still 22 points clear (OK, City have a whole game in hand) and one loss out of 45 games in the league doesn't deserve all the shit you and a few others are spouting. It's also cute that you seem to think the poor performances of late are all down to having a 10 day break. You should get yourself down to the peer and tell people's fortunes. 

Listen i get it we are 22 points clear, but you can't sleepwalk your way through this league. The bottom teams are fighting for their lives.

We should have shown today that we ARE the champions elect, instead we fucking walked around the pitch. These got bounced by fucking Man U last week 3-0 and beaten by 10 men Everton the other week!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, dave u said:

Or maybe it was the three of them just playing like fucking shite?

The midfield and fullbacks were just as bad. Apparently that's because of Lovren.

whole team didnt show up but every team has its bad days i glad this unbeaten run monkey is off our backs 

Weeeeeeeell, villa beat us 5-0 away on the way to a title once. Long runs have to end sometime and at least we didnt lose 1-0 with a spawny goal. It's an old cliche but you can only get out of jail so many times before you cannot do it again.

What can you say except we were pants, I mean really, really pants and I never thought we were going to win the title by a massive margin. Sky and the rest are massively happy with the result though, eh?

And 1 shot on target by us tells you everything you need to know. Even the crossing into the box was virtually none existent.

I've thought we've been in a bad patch of form from the Atletico game and the loss of Hendo is clearly a factor in the west ham game and this one. We shouldnt have lost here but we did. Some people may have thought the game had gone at 2-0 or 3-0 but like the Atletico game, I just couldnt see us scoring today as the game unfolded.

No doubt some will look to the winter break as an excuse but that's rubbish in my opinion. We've had international breaks and they haven't made us play like this. This is poor form, nothing more or less.

I dont like saying the players were shite but Sadio looks like he still has a cobb on from Monday night's subbing. Bobby is trying but nothing is coming off. I honestly think Mo is trying to complicate things, too many flicks and not making sure the ball gets to a red shirt. But there again, when you're playing against big tall centre backs he's going to find it very hard.

Gini and Fabinho were poor in a game where watford were just going to play deep and crowd us out. Just WTF was Fabinho doing with that ball on the touchline in their half that lead to the second goal? Put the fucking ball out, dont just look at it. In games like this Gini is more a handicap as he always wants too many touches and slows the play down when we need to be quick.

Back 4, WTF was Trent thinking with that 2nd half free kick? Honestly lad, do the simple things. Not sure if he was at fault in part for the 3rd but Lovren, van Dijk and Robbo have all got to do better there.

No doubt Lovren will be the whipping boy but could you see Matip doing better in this game?

Jurgen and the coaching staff are going to have plenty of stuff to point out to the players what they did wrong and didnt even do in this game.

Despite all that, it's one defeat three quarters of the way through the season. The fat lady coughed while sing but number 19 is still coming home.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Too soon to suggest a cheeky bid for Sarr?

He's a really good player. When Pearson came in he switched his position slightly and Watford surged. He got injured & they sank again. First game back today and he does that. Bit of a Zaha with end-product.

1 minute ago, dave u said:

To clarify, I thought Lovren was garbage. I just don't buy into the narrative that everyone was shit because of him.

They were shit because they were shit.

I think we've been pretty poor since the Winter break and seem to have to go a goal down or be close to doing so before we actually wake up.  You add Lovren into the mix and that just compounds the issue.