You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Watford (A) Premier League 29/02/2020 - 17:30

Bjornebye

Just to sum up this incredibly enlightening thread:

Image result for barking dog gif

Lovren!

Lovren!

Lovren!

Lovren!

Lovren!

Lovren!

Lovren!

Lovren!

Lovren!

Lovren!

Lovren!

Lovren!

Lovren!

Lovren!

Lovren!

Lovren!

Lovren!

Lovren!

Lovren!

Lovren!

Lovren!

Lovren!

Lovren!

Lovren!

Lovren!

Lovren!

Lovren!

Lovren!

Lovren!

Lovren!

Lovren!

Lovren!

Lovren!

Lovren!

Lovren!

Lovren!

Lovren!

Lovren!

Lovren!

Lovren!

Lovren!

• Upvote 1

On 25/02/2020 at 20:40, Code said:

I said a few weeks ago this would be our toughest game for the reminder of the season.

I hope this is one of the few things I get wrong.

Ah well, sadly correct again. 

Been having a discussion with a few Gooner fans today. They did not take it very well, when I pointed out that we have to lose points in every one of our last 10 games, to drop points in as many games as they did in the 03/04 season.

28 minutes ago, Code said:

Ah well, sadly correct again. 

Been having a discussion with a few Gooner fans today. They did not take it very well, when I pointed out that we have to lose points in every one of our last 10 games, to drop points in as many games as they did in the 03/04 season.

Since we haven’t yet played all the remaining games this season, you are I’m sorry to say, not correct. Unless you’ve got a tardis that is.

So to sum up, Watford played very well, we didn’t so we got twatted, even though we had 71% possession.

Our defenders didn’t defend very well (any of them), our midfielders were very good at passing the ball sideways and backwards, and our forwards tried too many flicks and tricks that didn’t come off because opposition teams are used to them now.

We looked as though we were in third gear because we were too slow in our build up( but we’ve been like that since the Leicester game away) but this is part of some game management plan to conserve our energies for bigger games and opponents. Right?
I suspect Mr Klopp might be kicking a few arses after that, and Mr VDV won’t be happy we lost when it was he who had the Captains armband on so he might have something to say as well.

But we’re still 19 points clear if Mancheater City win their game in hand and we still need only 12 points to win the league, so as long as the players sort this out between them we’ll be good.

After all, they must have realised they weren’t very good as well and being the great bunch of lads they are, they’ll sort it.

Next.

I see the club twitter page has gone with this pic. I really hope it's not kids again. It's the quarter finals now, 4 games from the title. A chance to get to the FA Cup quarter finals and 3 wins from a Wembley cup final. 

3 hours ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

Well that’s erm .... a bit shit

The first Downfall bit of (ahem) "banter" I saw was one about Sheffield United getting relegated in 2007.

13 years later and there are people who still think they can do something worthwhile with that clip.  They are wrong.  

2 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

The first Downfall bit of (ahem) "banter" I saw was one about Sheffield United getting relegated in 2007.

13 years later and there are people who still think they can do something worthwhile with that clip.  They are wrong.  

There was a good one not so long ago. So good in fact that I can't remember what it was about. It was jolly funny though.

And anyway, the Downfall thing is a lot better than that annoying Spanish cunt with the squeaky laugh. That one has definitely outstayed its welcome. 

Wife's  Diary:    

Tonight, I thought my husband was acting weird.  We had made plans to meet at a nice restaurant for dinner. 

I was shopping with my friends all day long, so I thought he was upset at the fact that I was a bit late,      
but he made no comment on it. 

The conversation wasn't flowing, so I suggested that we go somewhere quiet so we could talk.
He agreed, but he didn't say much. 

I asked him what was wrong; He said, "nothing." 

I asked him if it was my fault that he was upset. 

He said he wasn't upset, that it had nothing to do with me, and not to worry about it. 

On the way home, I told him that I loved him. 

He smiled slightly and kept driving.  I can't explain his behaviour. 
I don't know why he didn't say, “I love you, too.” 

When we got home, I felt as if I had lost him completely, as if he wanted nothing to do with me anymore.
He just sat there quietly and watched TV.  He continued to seem distant and absent. 

Finally, with silence all around us, I decided to go to bed.  About 15 minutes later, he came to bed.
But I still felt that he was distracted, and his thoughts were somewhere else.  He fell asleep; I cried.
I don't know what to do.  I'm almost sure that his thoughts are with someone else.  My life is a disaster. 

Husband's  Diary: 

Who the fuck loses to Watford?