You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Watford (A) Premier League 29/02/2020 - 17:30

Bjornebye

2 minutes ago, J-V said:

It obviously escaped your notice but I bolded the part of your message I was referring to.

Nothing escaped me. Your quote is that presented by the quote facility but whatever.

As an example, deeney says he targetted the weaker of van dijk and lovren. Who do people think deeney would target in a matip \ van dijk or gomez \ van dijk pairing?

40 minutes ago, Red House said:

No one showed up tonight, Lovren is just an easy lazy target. Virgil is the one who could/should have stopped the ball reaching Sarr on both goals, particularly the first, and last one is all on Trent. Today's was the failure of a whole team, utterly pointless highlighting individuals.

Up until the comma you were right. After that, fucking drivel.

the last goal might have resulted from trents shit pass, but win the fucking header. He didn’t do that all night. the second goal bounces and then still goes over Lovren, because he was at no point thinking about winning the ball, just trying to wrestle his man, unsuccessfully.

the second goal wasn’t on Lovren, it was mainly Robbo, partly Fabinho and partly Van dijk, but that’s the only one he gets a pass on, and he was fucking shit all night.

novody played well. They had more fight and hunger all match than all of ours all over the park.

its not Lovren fault we were toothless up front, and nowhere to be seen in the middle, but he’s tye main reason we lost three to nothing.

7 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Nothing escaped me. Your quote is that presented by the quote facility but whatever.

As an example, deeney says he targetted the weaker of van dijk and lovren. Who do people think deeney would target in a matip \ van dijk or gomez \ van dijk pairing?

Yeah whatever is right.

Read what Deeney said that obviously escaped you as well, a common theme.  Matip, Gomez defend neither invoke their inner WWE wannabee Wrestler whilst balls bounch over their heads.  It's all Lovren ever does much like Skrtel before him. 

We were shit as a whole playing this joke just compounded it.

• Upvote 2

The team has been coasting for a while now. Intensity levels have been low for ages. Said it before but our only really good performance in the league in 2020 came against United. Nearly every other game this year has seen an average performance but we still were good enough to win. 

Next league game is home to Bournemouth so hopefully we can start a new winning run then.

Guest Pistonbroke
9 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

We won't win the league!

When are you going to out yourself as someone who doesn't actually give a fuck about our club? Serious question by the way, because you truly are a fucking weirdo. 

2 minutes ago, J-V said:

Yeah whatever is right.

Read what Deeney said that obviously escaped you as well, a common theme.  Matip, Gomez defend neither invoke their inner WWE wannabee Wrestler whilst balls bounch over their heads.  It's all Lovren ever does much like Skrtel. 

So the point did escaped you. Either that or you think van dijk would be the weaker target for deeney in the other pairings I mentioned. Better start knocking yourself out.

9 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

No one has absolved anybody of anything. This is the worst performance from a Liverpool in team in years. Everybody was shite, that's implied.

But Lovren has a stigma of not being good, therefore he gets more criticism. I know you disagree, but surely you get that? 

Objectively false 3 Stacks. Many posters have.

I think it is tiredness we are trying everything as before but just a bit off with timing and control across the team. When we are like this everything visually looks bad . Think we need to go again with kids in FA cup and concentrate on CL . Confident we winning league but from what I saw today I am now prepared for a slightly anti climatical end to the season. 

The signs have been there for a while. 

10 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

So the point did escaped you. Either that or you think van dijk would be the weaker target for deeney in the other pairings I mentioned. Better start knocking yourself out.

VVD is the best centre back in the World you refeered to Matip, Gomez and I gave you the very reason they would not be as bad as Lovren even though Deeney would have targetted either of them.  You're obviously still confused bless.

18 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

We won't win the league!

This chump has me on ignore?? What an insult.

Anyways, we were terrible to a man. But Lovren was a special kind of terrible, how many times was he caught under the ball? Those weren't out of character mistakes, they were his usual mistakes, constantly out of position trying to out-muscle Deeny instead of trying to defend. The plonker.

14 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Objectively false 3 Stacks. Many posters have.

We lost 3-0. We had an xG of 0.2. Don't quote me on that, but that might be the lowest in any game in the history of the club since people came up with that stat. Not every criticism of an individual player needs to be primed with "everybody else was bad as well" when we've so obviously been shite as a team.

People are just sick of Lovren, that's all. And he was very bad today. He couldn't handle Deeney, he had his hands all over him, he couldn't run, he was giving the ball away. It was just glaring how much he was struggling.