You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Watford (A) Premier League 29/02/2020 - 17:30

Bjornebye

Nightmare pass from Trent. I'd love to see us get a point but no chance now. I applaud the team for the run they have been on but we will have to recover and start again. 

Watford are as formidable an opponent as any we’ve faced this season - they could have been out of sight before we punished their profligacy at Anfield and have played to their strengths perfectly while we’ve been out of sorts tonight. I think it’s just a bad match up for us stylistically with how they’re set up under Pearson.

Make no mistake this is still a brilliant team and a brilliant couple of seasons. Few of the greatest teams in history can boast an unbeaten run like we’ve enjoyed, and the reason for that is that it’s  unsustainable in the long term.  

1 minute ago, Baltar said:

Lovren plays his first game in ages and we get bummed. Coincidence? 

Hopefully this beating will give the players a kick up the arse. They've been complacent for too long recently.

I just don't know why we played him.  Watford we're a nightmare at Anfield and Lovren gets bullied by Children let alone Deeney.

These lads have run a marathon or two nearly every week since August. Not going to pile in on them for this. They look wrecked and it’s been a mess today, but this is why it’s so difficult to go unbeaten in a whole season. Massive fucker for all the obvious reasons, but so it goes.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I don't want to sound negative here lads, but I think we might lose this one.

You could at least wait until the 89th minute before posting this shite. Or at least the 88th.