You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Negative Net Spend

Captain Turdseye

With the news that Timo Werner’s release clause is only £25m and the widely accepted belief that we’re going to offload the likes of Grujic, Shaqiri and Harry Wilson for reasonable fees, it’s all set up for us to improve the team and yet again make a profit in the summer window. 

After signing nobody last summer then surely we need to kick up a fuss should this come to pass. It just isn’t acceptable in any way, shape or form. Where’s the Champions League money? Why are FSG such mingebags? 

All ideas for protests and/or riots in here please. 

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

With the news that Timo Werner’s release clause is only £25m and the widely accepted belief that we’re going to offload the likes of Grujic, Shaqiri and Harry Wilson for reasonable fees, it’s all set up for us to improve the team and yet again make a profit in the summer window. 

After signing nobody last summer then surely we need to kick up a fuss should this come to pass. It just isn’t acceptable in any way, shape or form. Where’s the Champions League money? Why are FSG such mingebags? 

All ideas for protests and/or riots in here please. 

Excellent read.

• Upvote 1

I didn't realise it was £25 million I thought it was £50+. 

Very interesting especially as Werner obviously want to come. 

My Osteopath is German and forever going on about the German Leagues. Goes on about them for hours.  Very interesting and he very highly rates Werner. 

If it really is £25 million then that is really promising at that price. It could be the steal of the century honestly. 

Fsg are cunts. The fact that we’re gonna win the League under their ownership makes me sick. I’d much rather us finish outside the top4 and lose our World/European Champions titles to crank up the pressure on these frauds. Negative fucking spends? In this day and age? Add the 2 new stands, and it’s obvious they’re only in it for the money. We need H and G and The Owl back. Things were more enjoyable then and we knew exactly where we stood, and it always busier in here when we are shit. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Fsg are cunts. The fact that we’re gonna win the League under their ownership makes me sick. I’d much rather us finish outside the top4 and lose our World/European Champions titles to crank up the pressure on these frauds. Negative fucking spends? In this day and age? Add the 2 new stands, and it’s obvious they’re only in it for the money. We need H and G and The Owl back. Things were more enjoyable then and we knew exactly where we stood, and it always busier in here when we are shit. 

Doing it once or twice you'll get away with it. Players are getting older and Arsenal were racking up negative net spends every transfer window for a few years. It's taken us long enough to get here, that falling in love with not spending a penny instead of capitalising on our new found appeal would be mental.