You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Top 5 Toys You Had As A Kid

Tony Moanero

4 minutes ago, M_B said:

As others have said, Subbuteo. But also

Rpg's: Middle Earth, Call of Cthulhu, AD&D to name a few. They were all brilliant. Still play them as an adult.

71lE0GfYtGL.jpg

The Dark Tower

pic204975.jpg

Risk

tjx_risk_deluxe_13.jpg

Fighting Fantasy Books

51Ytsk07SqL._SX307_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Risk! Brilliant. And the fighting fantasy books, they were great. Did you ever try Tunnels and Trolls? It had single player booklets as well. I rebought a number of them a few years back, quickly got bored of them, and put them back up for sale- I actually made about 5 times what I'd originally paid for them... The only other RPG I can remember was Runequest, which I bought on a whim in the Arndale centre and never really got into.

• Upvote 1

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Speedway? Wow, never knew that at all. My mate was really into it- he had a sub to some sort of fanzine and we ran a league with the football for a while- he also had the cricket, but it was dreadful. I was more interested in the bits and pieces you could get with it rather than the game itself, which was always a bit naff. My mate had some stands and supporters and stuff, and I had a corner stand (bit like block 108/ 109 of the Kop without a roof), but by the time we had some money to buy extra bits, we weren't bothered about it any more.

Yeah, as I said earlier, I Iiked the selection of teams and accessories more than the game itself. My dad, who had been playing it since he was a boy, was far too good and I could never beat him. In his day, the footy players were two-dimensional, cardboard and then celluloid.

7852B70F-C097-42ED-87F5-681F366C0B2A.jpeg

8E687441-16D0-47BD-9662-887447730C48.jpeg

He also had Newfooty, which predates Subbuteo and was made by William Keeling of Liverpool.

D978FD09-159F-4D76-BA39-DF1118D16C89.jpeg

0175C379-09C1-4476-8565-1E4977E48861.jpeg

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mudface said:

Risk! Brilliant. And the fighting fantasy books, they were great. Did you ever try Tunnels and Trolls? It had single player booklets as well. I rebought a number of them a few years back, quickly got bored of them, and put them back up for sale- I actually made about 5 times what I'd originally paid for them... The only other RPG I can remember was Runequest, which I bought on a whim in the Arndale centre and never really got into.

Yeah. I played any game book or RPG I could lay my hands on.

Runequest has just been re-released by Chaosium. It had a great damage system. T n T was good too.

My favourite gamebook was the ninja series which has been mentioned on these forums before. They were fantastic and have also recently been re-released.

6 minutes ago, M_B said:

Runequest has just been re-released by Chaosium. It had a great damage system. T n T was good too.

My favourite gamebook was the ninja series which has been mentioned on these forums before. They were fantastic and have also recently been re-released.

Whats the weather like in Crossmaglen mate? 

25 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Other stuff :

Outrider (fucking boss, don't know anyone else that owned one) 

Spacehopper

Evel Knievel (possibly higher but destroyed himself on maiden stunt down the stairs) 

JJ Armes van (again, no fucker had this but me) 

Wembley Trophy

Picture of Outrider, please.

36 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Other stuff :

Outrider (fucking boss, don't know anyone else that owned one) 

Spacehopper

Evel Knievel (possibly higher but destroyed himself on maiden stunt down the stairs) 

JJ Armes van (again, no fucker had this but me) 

Wembley Trophy

10 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Picture of Outrider, please.

Atrapitis.gif

10 hours ago, M_B said:

I'd have thought you were a board game man myself.

• Upvote 2

Guest Pistonbroke

Going from a very young lad to teens.

I had this toy farm which I added to at every opportunity. Loads of animals, Barn, Silo etc. Had this Combined harvester that would through Hay bails out and one of those lift things to stick them in the Hay barn. Spent years playing with that as a young nipper.

Johnny 7 (OMA). We were four lads and all got one for Christmas one year, fucking mayhem ensued. 

Raleigh Grifter, fell off that loads whilst perfecting the art of Wheelies and setting up jumps. 

Subbuteo WC edition with boss Chile and Peru teams, probably fell off the back of a lorry.

One of those Air Soccer tables (shared with siblings), my poor fucking fingers. 

Honourable mention to Mouse trap, Risk and various other board games. 

18 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Millennium Falcon

AT-AT

Subbuteo

A-Team van

This fisher price garage which I absolutely adored and played with it well beyond what it was built to sustain.

image.png

Fisher Price garage rep. I had, and loved, that, too.

A-Team van with the removable roof?

The Fisher Price tool kit was brilliant.

502CF541-6E3F-4708-8467-DA38C212C44B.jpeg

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Fisher Price garage rep. I had, and loved, that, too.

A-Team van with the removable roof?

The Fisher Price tool kit was brilliant.

502CF541-6E3F-4708-8467-DA38C212C44B.jpeg

Yea the van with the removable roof. I'd have loved the figures too but I guess the folks budget never could stretch that far.