You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Top 5 Toys You Had As A Kid

Tony Moanero

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else starting to think that Tony is some Assange motherfucker who is just gathering all the information on us so he can build a full profile then decide who to execute? Save your time Tony. We are all cunts who need executing. Except for Woolster and MattyQ. Genuine chaps without malice them two. Plus if Woolster dies who else will execute famous geriatrics?

Game-Boy-FL.jpg

usa94-500x500.png

adi-11040-main.jpg

51MHABRYHKL._AC_.jpg

cell-phone-hacks-sexy-cat-pictures-4.jpg

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Anyone else starting to think that Tony is some Assange motherfucker who is just gathering all the information on us so he can build a full profile then decide who to execute? Save your time Tony. We are all cunts who need executing. Except for Woolster and MattyQ. Genuine chaps without malice them two. Plus if Wooster dies who else will execute old famous people. 

Game-Boy-FL.jpg

usa94-500x500.png

adi-11040-main.jpg

51MHABRYHKL._AC_.jpg

cell-phone-hacks-sexy-cat-pictures-4.jpg

Gameboy rep. Footy boots, though? Post some toys, you frigging blancmange.

21 minutes ago, Gruntfuttock said:

Action Man 

Lego

Top Trumps

Palitoy Pocketeers

Rayleigh Chipper bike (Smaller version of the Chopper)

We lived in a small village in North Lincolnshire so toys were abit hard to come by in the mid 70s!

Top Trumps and Pocketeers rep. Favourite Top Trumps set?

3 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

5. Subbuteo World Cup Edition

9482195B-80CD-4320-A9B5-129920A1A6F5.jpeg

I had that exact same edition. The box showed Brazil and Italy, but the teams included were clearly Argentina and Italy.

2 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

340?cb=20130511070800

Yep. Although it always bugged me that it didn't seat 2 up front like the real thing. Oh, and it fucking hurt when somebody pressed the release mechanism in your face!

Honourable mentions:

Carrom board. If you can play Subbuteo, you can play this.

s-l400.jpg

Rubik's Magic. Fold, twist, collapse...

rubmag1.jpg

Go For Broke. Learn how to piss money up the wall.

345x400.jpg

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Trumo said:

I had that exact same edition. The box showed Brazil and Italy, but the teams included were clearly Argentina and Italy.

Yep. Although it always bugged me that it didn't seat 2 up front like the real thing. Oh, and it fucking hurt when somebody pressed the release mechanism in your face!

Honourable mentions:

Carrom board. If you can play Subbuteo, you can play this.

s-l400.jpg

Rubik's Magic. Fold, twist, collapse...

rubmag1.jpg

Go For Broke. Learn how to piss money up the wall.

345x400.jpg

I didn’t like that Rubik’s Magic thing. You couldn’t cheat and change the stickers like you could with the cube.

• Upvote 1

Image result for careers game

Image result for pink panther car toy

Image result for magic roundabout carousel toy

Image result for action man tank 1970s

Image result for atari 800xl

Some runners up, I got this as a present when I was 5 after I'd had some milk teeth removed. I think I was still stoned when I asked for it on the walk home-

Image result for dinky street cleaner 1970

I loved these so much when I was a kid, I actually rebought them off EBay a few years back-

Image result for basil brush corgi car

Image result for magic roundabout car toy

My Nan also used to work for Berwick games in Wallasey, so we got a lot of stuff like this, those old compendiums were great-

Image result for berwick games compendium

2 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Image result for careers game

Image result for pink panther car toy

Image result for magic roundabout carousel toy

Image result for action man tank 1970s

Image result for atari 800xl

Some runners up, I got this as a present when I was 5 after I'd had some milk teeth removed. I think I was still stoned when I asked for it on the walk home-

Image result for dinky street cleaner 1970

I loved these so much when I was a kid, I actually rebought them off EBay a few years back-

Image result for basil brush corgi car

Image result for magic roundabout car toy

Some cool stuff there, mate. Who made the Basil Brush and Magic Roundabout cars? Corgi?

14 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Some cool stuff there, mate. Who made the Basil Brush and Magic Roundabout cars? Corgi?

They did, yeah. The ones I rebought are pretty fucked, but they still bring back nice memories. I could also swear blind I had the Magic Roundabout train set, but me Mum says not, maybe I just imagined it. Shame, as it's absolutely brilliant (and costs a fortune to rebuy)-

Image result for magic roundabout train set

The Dougal and the Blue Cat books, film and record are also very nostalgic to me- I can remember listening to the LP with my Nan and Granddad so clearly it almost hurts.

One thing I haven't managed to find a pic of is an Inspector Clouseau bubble car which I got from a cereal promotion. The bastards said to wait for up to 28 days for delivery and they took every single day of that. Fucking Kellogg's torturing a 4 year old...

5 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

My dad had Subbuteo cricket and speedway. He reckons neither were as good as the football.

Speedway? Wow, never knew that at all. My mate was really into it- he had a sub to some sort of fanzine and we ran a league with the football for a while- he also had the cricket, but it was dreadful. I was more interested in the bits and pieces you could get with it rather than the game itself, which was always a bit naff. My mate had some stands and supporters and stuff, and I had a corner stand (bit like block 108/ 109 of the Kop without a roof), but by the time we had some money to buy extra bits, we weren't bothered about it any more.