Quantcast
Lyrics You've Got Wrong For Ages - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bjornebye

Lyrics You've Got Wrong For Ages

Recommended Posts

Quite a few for me but I just realised that in Tiny Dancer by Elton John, Blue jean baby, L.A. lady, seamstress for the band and not "sings just for the band". 

 

Bit of a shit one and I'm sure you cats have much better but there you go. 20 odd years I've sung the wrong line. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love In The First Degree by Bananarama. 

 

Spent about twenty years thinking “cause I’m guilty, guilty as a girl can be“ was “cause I’m guilty, guilty as a drunken bee”.

 

 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Love In The First Degree by Bananarama. 

 

Spent about twenty years thinking “cause I’m guilty, guilty as a girl can be“ was “cause I’m guilty, guilty as a drunken bee”.

 

 

 

Just googled “drunken bee” and it would seem I wasn’t the only sad cunt who did this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Love In The First Degree by Bananarama. 

 

Spent about twenty years thinking “cause I’m guilty, guilty as a girl can be“ was “cause I’m guilty, guilty as a drunken bee”.

 

 

 

 

It's an easy mistake to make, with the bees known for their drinking and drink flying. 

"Honeybees are avid drinkers, and this could make them ideal for research into drugs to treat alcoholism, say researchers."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tony would probably know this one, but there was a tv play in the late '70s, called 'I'm a dreamer Montreal.'

 

I don't remember much of it, just a bus driver crushing him by saying "you're singing it wrong, it's 'I'm a dreamer, aren't we all'?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One most Irish people will get. It's from my mother who's from Dublin....

 

There was a dance song in the 90s called "We like to party! (The vengabus)" by the Vengaboys, and the line in the song goes "The Venga bus is comin and everybody's jumpin" but my mother always sang "The Finglas bus is comin and everybody's jumpin".

 

It was quite funny for us to hear and we never corrected her for years. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The track title is "I Keep Forgettin'" but I always used to think it was "I can't forget" until I had to search for it once. What a voice this brutha from anutha mutha has.

 

 

 

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

One most Irish people will get. It's from my mother who's from Dublin....

 

There was a dance song in the 90s called "We like to party! (The vengabus)" by the Vengaboys, and the line in the song goes "The Venga bus is comin and everybody's jumpin" but my mother always sang "The Finglas bus is comin and everybody's jumpin".

 

It was quite funny for us to hear and we never corrected her for years.

 

 

What's alarming is that your mother was singing it for years!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spent most of my life thinking "You give love a bad name" by Bon Jovi was "you can't love a band name."

 

I thought it was about Jon Bon Jovi sulking because girls only loved him because he was a rock star and he was bored of groupies.

It made sense aswell because obviously his band was named after him. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Aventus said:

Spent most of my life thinking "You give love a bad name" by Bon Jovi was "you can't love a band name."

 

I thought it was about Jon Bon Jovi sulking because girls only loved him because he was a rock star and he was bored of groupies.

It made sense aswell because obviously his band was named after him. 

Your version is miles better.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Aventus said:

Spent most of my life thinking "You give love a bad name" by Bon Jovi was "you can't love a band name."

 

I thought it was about Jon Bon Jovi sulking because girls only loved him because he was a rock star and he was bored of groupies.

It made sense aswell because obviously his band was named after him. 

Hahaha yes. This is what this thread was made for. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For years and years and years, I always thought the lyrics for the BeeGees 'How deep is your love?' was 'and you come to me on a submarine' instead of 'on a summer breeze.' Always thought it was a fucking strange line, who's love would come by a submarine?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Quite a few for me but I just realised that in Tiny Dancer by Elton John, Blue jean baby, L.A. lady, seamstress for the band and not "sings just for the band". 

 

Bit of a shit one and I'm sure you cats have much better but there you go. 20 odd years I've sung the wrong line. 

 

 


I genuinely thought for a while it said ‘Hold me closer Tony Danzer’

 

I smoked a lot of weed around that time and it can be the only explanation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

For years and years and years, I always thought the lyrics for the BeeGees 'How deep is your love?' was 'and you come to me on a submarine' instead of 'on a summer breeze.' Always thought it was a fucking strange line, who's love would come by a submarine?!

The Barrymore defence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well today I've just realised I've been singing Seal's "Kiss from a Rose" wrong.

 

Instead of "I compare you to a kiss from a rose on the grey "

I've been singing

"I compare you to a kiss from a rose on the grave"

For years.

 

I'm fuckin shite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Well today I've just realised I've been singing Seal's "Kiss from a Rose" wrong.

 

Instead of "I compare you to a kiss from a rose on the grey "

I've been singing

"I compare you to a kiss from a rose on the grave"

For years.

 

I'm fuckin shite.

 

I always expect to hear "Jesus loves marijuana and drinking human blood" whenever that song is on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×