You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Report: Karius to return to Liverpool after Besiktas loan

TLW

4 hours ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Haaland scores again for Dortmund. Unreal.

Wrong thread. If he’d scored against Karius it wouldn’t be unreal I guess.

It would be an incredible strike... about 1250 miles, he would need to strike it cleanly 

I'm not sure what he does from here, but it's pretty clear the club isn't in an ideal position right now to take a punt on him in any competitive fixture, in the hope he might come good. 

That said, it's sad to see the amount of hate he gets still, not to mention any good form he has ever shown been sucked into the memory hole. 

I'd hope he can rebuild his career, tough as it sounds right now.

10 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

So do I Chris. He's clearly a bag of nerves, he looks completely broken, and for the sake of his long term mental health I honestly think he needs to retire from football altogether. Step away from the spotlight and scrutiny and the pressures that must obviously bring, allow himself the space and privacy needed to fully recover.

If he really wanted that he'd just have to delete his Instagram account. Hence,I don't think he wants to do that.

19 hours ago, A_S said:

I'm not sure what he does from here, but it's pretty clear the club isn't in an ideal position right now to take a punt on him in any competitive fixture, in the hope he might come good. 

That said, it's sad to see the amount of hate he gets still, not to mention any good form he has ever shown been sucked into the memory hole. 

I'd hope he can rebuild his career, tough as it sounds right now.

He's rebuilt his career hasn't he? He's played mid table in Turkey for 2 years, it's a better level than most think he should be playing at. Besiktas just have better things to spend 7m on and if they don't qualify for Europe being forced to buy him, they'll move onto someone else.

I don't think there's anything unreasonable about the shit he gets (although I'm not on twitter so I don't know what is said there unless it's posted here). He's fucking shite, he's very far from being a good pro and after that European cup final when he should have been showing some humility, he was out promoting himself on photo shoots. By all accounts that's what got him bombed, not because he's a fucking shite goalie. I think the money we all spend on watching this team, the very least we should expect from every last player is professionalism and if they don't do it, they'll rightly get shit. 

• Upvote 4

16 hours ago, Butch said:

To be fair to him he was in some really good form till the final and he lost it spectacularly. He'll be back and moved on he'll never get a chance to regain even a backup to Adrian. 

"Really good form" = "Managing to go two games without throwing one into his own net"

On 22/02/2020 at 18:43, Butch said:

To be fair to him he was in some really good form till the final and he lost it spectacularly. He'll be back and moved on he'll never get a chance to regain even a backup to Adrian. 

Fucking hell, what good form??? He was fuckin shite. Almost single-handedly cost us the game in Rome. 

• Upvote 1

I genuinely can't stand Karius. He's poison and does not represent what this team is about. 

Look at the reaction of his team mates after the Final. Not one of them could be arsed to go and console him. You can read between the lines, they all know he's a flash dickhead who has an inflated opinion of his own abilities. 

I actually felt sorry for him after Kiev. Then about 48 hours later he releases that promotional video of himself on his Instagram.

That tells you everything you need to know about who Loris Karius really is. He's a piece of shit and he cost this club a Champions League because he was more focused on his off the field egotistical shite and not improving his goalkeeping, which he steals a living for anyway. 

He's fucking shite. Fuck off, Karius. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Crazy Dave said:

I genuinely can't stand Karius. He's poison and does not represent what this team is about. 

Look at the reaction of his team mates after the Final. Not one of them could be arsed to go and console him. You can read between the lines, they all know he's a flash dickhead who has an inflated opinion of his own abilities. 

I actually felt sorry for him after Kiev. Then about 48 hours later he releases that promotional video of himself on his Instagram.

That tells you everything you need to know about who Loris Karius really is. He's a piece of shit and he cost this club a Champions League because he was more focused on his off the field egotistical shite and not improving his goalkeeping, which he steals a living for anyway. 

He's fucking shite. Fuck off, Karius. 

So that's a 'no' from Crazy Dave.

• Upvote 1

He'll be an expensive ballboy if he does come back.

He's done here, he knows it, Klopp knows it, we know it.  It's a case of either loan him him out until his contract expires or sell him, with the latter being dependant on somebody trusting him enough to spend money on him.