You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Centrists

aRdja

• 2 weeks later...

Did his patriotic breakfast cost £49 like IDS’s.

Also, O’Brien missing the point that we were the one’s to think of putting them altogether on a plate with toast and black pudding. British ingenuity, innit?

Oh, and Davies is one of those beanovirus wankers.

• 3 weeks later...

If this remains the same it will be carnage here. Talking with someone who's parents are over 70 with conditions and they refuse to not have the grandchildren. They just don't get it and I lay a lot of the blame on the lack of firm guidance and action from the government. 

I get that people are stubborn and I get that they are asking a lot but it's almost as if they want the mass death of a huge swathe of the weak and vulnerable. That and a lot of people are selfish stupid pricks. 

We should have been locked down, firm orders given and people would follow. I just don't see the point in not trying to contain this and allowing the movement of people for so long when they know what it coming. Their plan from last Friday is still the same pretty much with a coat of fresh paint. 

I sit here and think, is me overacting or what. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

You lay the blame of the actions of your nuclear family on your governement?

There's a clear lack of firm guidance here, it's all 'could you please' and 'if you don't mind' 

My family don't appear to be a problem. I am still hearing "it's just the flu, it's fine" from others though.

We are way down the list when it comes to countries with elderly population. We should not end up worse than Italy really but we could. 

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/countries-with-the-largest-aging-population-in-the-world.html

Just now, TheHowieLama said:

You lay the blame of the actions of your nuclear family on your governement?

Yes. People need a clear message from the authorities, our govmt response has been slapdash, at best, and it’s led to a vast amount of people not taking it seriously. The person in the public eye talking most sense on this is Gary fucking Neville 

2 minutes ago, davelfc said:

There's a clear lack of firm guidance here, it's all 'could you please' and 'if you don't mind' 

My family don't appear to be a problem. 

Misread it mate -- thought it was your folks you were talking about.

Still, at some point "the government" becomes secondary don't you think? 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Misread it mate -- thought it was your folks you were talking about.

Still, at some point "the government" becomes secondary don't you think? 

People are dumb and at times of national emergencies they look to leaders for direction. "Um er, Um.... urine..." isn't working. 

The buffoon has allowed the shops to get ransacked, that could have been controlled. There appears to be absolutely no plan, no direction and a free for all. 

Worse still the two goons we are trusting our lives to changed their minds over the weekend, then did pretty much nothing. Oh let's wait another week and then if you don't mind could old people and some others go and live like hermits for 3 months. 

Compared to what we are seeing across the world it's a fucking joke.

11 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

It seems a little self defeating to suggest you are trusting your lives to two goons. As you said you are pretty aware of the situation outside of Britain (unlike folks were say 100 years ago.)

Me personally, no. I'm doing my thing based on what I believe.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, davelfc said:

Me personally, no. I'm doing my thing based on what I believe.

I think the greatest opportunity here in the States (and many took that route immediately) is the concept of de-centralization of any response. 

We need each state to take more power in our hierarchy, not wait for the feds.

5 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Who?

You, or me?

People. Not everyone is going to be as consciously engaged as you or me. It’s quite obvious that a good section of the public, for whatever reason, don’t know how to behave during a crisis and need their hands held and their noses wiped.

1 hour ago, aRdja said:

Totally normally behaviour.

I think she’s been a Labour member longer than you’ve been alive. How long have you been a UK Labour member? Because she thinks Corbyn is shite and as a result of his arrogance there’s no effective opposition she’s...well wrong? He’s hung on and as a result we’ve got an opposition leader who no one takes any notice.  

To be fair to JC he couldn’t see this coming, but the fact that something could happen was always there. Why’d he hang on? He’s fucked up again. 

38 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

That is what you do with children - at some point they leave the nest.

Then they are either ignorant, or they believe something you don't.

What point are you supposed to be arguing mate? Why do you think we have governments/rule of law etc?