You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Centrists

aRdja

4 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Hold on, you can only disagree with people who are smarter than you? Damn, I've been doing it wrong this whole time.

It’s not about disagreeing with them, it’s about how you handle the disagreement, if you talk over them and patronise them or seek to open a dialogue to understand their point of view and then show them yours.

I hope you can understand this? 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Ted & Phyllis (from number 14) said:

It’s not about disagreeing with them, it’s about how you handle the disagreement, if you talk over them and patronise them or seek to open a dialogue to understand their point of view and then show them yours.

Hahahaha good luck 

40 minutes ago, Ted & Phyllis (from number 14) said:

I mean, Stronts can be a smidge arrogant, but surely that was obviously a rather good joke?

9 hours ago, viRdjil said:

You seem to really struggle to stick to the topic and almost always without fail focus your energy on (yup you guessed it) ME.

I mean it is somewhat flattering, but real unwarranted. I’ve met a number of posters IRL, and I’m sure they’ll all tell you that I’m just a regular guy.

Not what I heard. 

10 hours ago, viRdjil said:

I mean it is somewhat flattering, but real unwarranted. I’ve met a number of posters IRL, and I’m sure they’ll all tell you that I’m just a regular guy.

I'm sure youre a good lad in real life, but the image you paint to me is a running to fat bloke with a bit of a beard in too tight chinos and brown shoes wandering round some city with headphones on and a costa coffee stuck out like a dalek with a smirk saying "yah" and "lols" all the time before going back to the office to fanny about with spreadsheets.

• Upvote 5

45 minutes ago, A Red said:

I'm sure youre a good lad in real life, but the image you paint to me is a running to fat bloke with a bit of a beard in too tight chinos and brown shoes wandering round some city with headphones on and a costa coffee stuck out like a dalek with a smirk saying "yah" and "lols" all the time before going back to the office to fanny about with spreadsheets.

Iols, I can’t grow a beard to save my life, in all probability I’m skinnier (and prettier) than the fittest girlfriend you’ve ever had and having grown up in Melbourne, I wouldn’t be seen drinking Costa coffee even though I actually think it’s serviceable.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

47 minutes ago, A Red said:

And on weekends, flying Emirates first class to Maldives making copious notes on the progress of class struggle observed along the way.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, A Red said:

He ate beans in front of me.

39 minutes ago, Chris said:

Here we go again. Anyone who doesn't like that loser Corbyn is a "vile human being".

Tories must absolutely adore you.

Aside from the smugness and needlessly incendiary nature of your post, there’s truth in it. Like the internet troll equivalent of ‘from the mouths of babes’. 

Tories do love the left eating each other and targeting those in the centre grounds. They do love those who are so partisan they’d sooner lose that adapt, unify, and challenge. But then, so does Labour. It props up those who put ideology above pragmatism. That’s not to say they’re wrong though, in fact they’re right more often than not. Being right isn’t winning. There’s only one thing that’s going to beat Tory’s divide and conquer, and that’s unite and conquer. 

3 hours ago, viRdjil said:

Iols, I can’t grow a beard to save my life, in all probability I’m skinnier (and prettier) than the fittest girlfriend you’ve ever had and having grown up in Melbourne, I wouldn’t be seen drinking Costa coffee even though I actually think it’s serviceable.

IOLs? Fucking hell, I was going to neg for that but decided to rep you for being prettier than any of my girlfriends

• Upvote 1