You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Centrists

aRdja

1 minute ago, aRdja said:

Happy to discuss and exchange ideas NV, but I’m gonna subject myself to a patronising ask like that mate. Good night.

I'm trying to find the disconnect between what you see as democratically right and just and what I see. I'm not being patronising or playing games, I really am just trying to see your view on democracy. If you don't want to answer it (and you clearly don't, as you would have just said the answer already) that's fine. 

16 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Nobody knew what they were voting for !!!! It should be null & void until every detail of the deal is on the table. Thats when democracy would prevail. 

To be honest, I don’t really feel quite right to discuss this issue as frequently and as passionately now that I have less skin in the game mate. Mook called me out on it a few weeks ago and I think he was right.

1 hour ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

I actually find you quite horrible, to be honest. If I had to choose between you and James O'Brien as the template for my son to follow, it was - by a massive distance - be him. 

For the sake of your son, I hope JOB eats healthier breakfasts and snorts less coke.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, aRdja said:

To be honest, I don’t really feel quite right to discuss this issue as frequently and as passionately now that I have less skin in the game mate. Mook called me out on it a few weeks ago and I think he was right.

Well no,  you're entitled to an opinion mate. 

Much as I hate & loathe the result I think it has to be carried out and we've left so it has been

The Tories have opted for such an extreme version that I think there needs to be another vote as to whether or not this is the way forward

On the O'Brien issue I find it a bit weird.

I'm not a fan of his particularly but I do enjoy his dismantling of the Leavers. He has all the cards and their positions are generally semi insane/incoherent/really fucking stupid so i don't think it's that difficult but he does it with a relish I find appealing.

Of course, he's a hypocrite having admitted voting for the cunt Johnson in the past

Think he's more of a Tory than a Centerist

I still can't get my head round the fact our Antipodean cousins were allowed to vote in the referendum and huge number who were directly affected by the choices made by others weren't allowed to. Better still they post on here to tell us that the people have voted and to paraphrase we should all just suck it up.

12 minutes ago, skend04 said:

I still can't get my head round the fact our Antipodean cousins were allowed to vote in the referendum and huge number who were directly affected by the choices made by others weren't allowed to. Better still they post on here to tell us that the people have voted and to paraphrase we should all just suck it up.

Does my head in

1 hour ago, Stront19m Dog™ said:

There's a lot of morons out there who hate being reminded that they are, in fact, morons.

Unfortunately their votes count just the same as the votes of non-morons, so here we see the major drawback of democracy.

You do remember it was Nick Clegg and the lib dems slavish devotion to everything David Cameron seemedxto utter that led us to holding the eu referendum in the first place dont you?

Pair of cunts

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

You do remember it was Nick Clegg and the lib dems slavish devotion to everything David Cameron seemedxto utter that led us to holding the eu referendum in the first place dont you?

Pair of cunts

Fucking cunts 

7 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Pretty sure it was actually the lack of a Lib Dem presence in government, leaving Cameron hostage to his right wing, which led to the holding of a referendum. But you keep on clinging to your alternative facts all the same.

3 minutes ago, Stront19m Dog™ said:

Pretty sure it was actually the lack of a Lib Dem presence in government, leaving Cameron hostage to his right wing, which led to the holding of a referendum. But you keep on clinging to your alternative facts all the same.

Come on SD, you know thats not true. I wont call you a liar incase RobbieO shits his Guinness out again but come on you're worse than Trump. 

Donald not Judd. No-ones as big a cunt as Judd Trump. 

2 minutes ago, Stront19m Dog™ said:

But the lib dems formed a coalition with Cameron in the first place, they had the chance to form a government with Brown. Cameron's promise of a referendum was not a secret so your party was part of a process that brought the country a referendum so its a bit rich for you to throw insults because the vote didnt go your way.

1 minute ago, Gnasher said:

But the lib dems formed a coalition with Cameron in the first place, they had the chance to form a government with Brown. Cameron's promise of a referendum was not a secret so your party was part of a process that brought the country a referendum so its a bit rich for you to throw insults because the vote didnt go your way.

Revisionist nonsense in your first sentence. And the EU referendum promise was in the Tories' 2015 manifesto; the Lib Dems were never signed up to that, and would have vetoed it had the coalition continued.

• Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, Stront19m Dog™ said:

Revisionist nonsense in your first sentence. And the EU referendum promise was in the Tories' 2015 manifesto; the Lib Dems were never signed up to that, and would have vetoed it had the coalition continued.

It's not nonsense, you could have tried a coalition with Brown as between your two parties you had more votes and seats than the Tories, you chose not too. You

You knew the tory plan, everybody did and you were part of the government. The Cameron/ Osborne plan of Austerity, more austerity, involvement in Syria, Yemen and Libya, the promise of a eu referendum to quell the tory crackpots and more austerity, with a bit more austerity on top. Clegg bought the whole shebang for the whiff of the number 10 rose garden and ride in the government ministerial car. 

The bottom line is you're complict in what the outcome of that period was, to complain about others is crass, you bought it you own it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 21/06/2020 at 01:54, Stront19m Dog™ said:

You evidently have me confused with someone else. When I used to neg people (none given by me for 17 days now) I'd generally save them for specific individuals, which you weren't one of.

Excellent.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Stront19m Dog™ said:

Though you must admit Jo Swinson's voting record on Welfare & Benefits puts most Tories to shame?

34 minutes ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

Though you must admit Jo Swinson's voting record on Welfare & Benefits puts most Tories to shame?

Cleggs was almost as bad, scrole down a little, it's like a list of shame

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/11812/nick_clegg/sheffield%2C_hallam/votes

This is the problem with center ground politics and politicians, you cant trust them, cheap suit salesmen with no spine and only ambition for themselves. Dangerous.

4 hours ago, Stront19m Dog™ said:

I’m a moderate mate, but Nick Clegg was a cunt, he was absolutely seduced by power and imo now bitterly regrets it. The Cameron regime was, in my opinion, the most brutal in my lifetime, Thatcher included. Osborne was a fucking psychopath. I appreciate it was a difficult position the Lib Dem’s were in but there is very definitely blood on your hands

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

I’m a moderate mate, but Nick Clegg was a cunt, he was absolutely seduced by power and imo now bitterly regrets it. The Cameron regime was, in my opinion, the most brutal in my lifetime, Thatcher included. Osborne was a fucking psychopath. I appreciate it was a difficult position the Lib Dem’s were in but there is very definitely blood on your hands

I’m assuming he doesn’t regret being paid the best part of £300k, per whatsoever time period the money comes in, to be a person ‘who people recognise’ for facebooks ‘we’re not cunts think box’ for being a massive, massive ideological failure. 

11 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I’m assuming he doesn’t regret being paid the best part of £300k, per whatsoever time period the money comes in, to be a person ‘who people recognise’ for facebooks ‘we’re not cunts think box’ for being a massive, massive ideological failure. 

I don’t know mate, just a few things he’s said since have made me think he regrets it, or at least he’s trying to distance himself. The Cameron regime was absolutely fucking shocking, people try to make out Johnson’s circus of clowns are bad but they are nothing, absolutely nothing compared to Camerons psychos