You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Trainee fans - What are your top 5 trainees of all time?

Tony Moanero

1 minute ago, Tony Moanero said:

Both Adidas and Nike have made and still make some great looking  trainees. New Balance are by far the most comfortable.

I also own a couple of pairs of Sketchers. They win the comfort trophy hands down.

Overall its a win for Nike and the judges decision is final. Thanks for your time.

10 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Top 5 Reebok 

GL 6000

0374732A-4A0B-4B03-BB08-67A6AE66ED42.jpeg

Ex-O-Fit

2757F92A-AB8E-42C3-91F7-1006B8EC3DE7.jpeg

I only like the exofit with the gum sole. Not keen on the plain ones. 

Also, for comfort, I think Karhu are probably the comfiest I have tried but then I wouldn't be seen dead in a pair of sketchers 

2 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

Your top 5 favourite Nike trabs?

All 5 would be Air Max 90's Tone. I'm a simple guy who appreciates simple things and what Nike did in 1993 simply cannot be bettered. Which is why they didn't bother.

I do own a pair of 270 reacts and I like Air Max 1's mind. I like loads of Adidas stuff and my daily wears are Adidas, but 90's is where its at. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Red Banjo said:

All 5 would be Air Max 90's Tone. I'm a simple guy who appreciates simple things and what Nike did in 1993 simply cannot be bettered. Which is why they didn't bother.

I do own a pair of 270 reacts and I like Air Max 1's mind. I like loads of Adidas stuff and my daily wears are Adidas, but 90's is where its at. 

I’m strictly a 70s and 80s Nike man. I did own some Air Max years ago but wouldn’t them now. Young man’s game, in my opinion.

Top 5 that I’d still wear

1. Nike Cortez

2. Nike Terra T/C

3. Nike Wimbledon

4. Nike Waffle Racer

5. Nike Air Epic

Top 5 that Id no longer wear

1. Nike Air Max Light

2. Nike Air Max 1 (original colourway)

3. Nike Vandal High

B52C647B-59DF-4AFD-B4F0-F6BA1B75B9A2.jpeg

4. Nike Air Trainer 1

5. Nike Air Max 97

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Red Banjo said:

The recraft of the iconic Air Max 90 'infrared' is due for release mid November . Just look at them.

I'll probably buy 2 of these. 1 to wear and 1 to look at lustfully.

FB_IMG_1603535985318.jpg

Apparently, Liverpool will be releasing a 4th kit early in the new year which is based on those colours. Nike have a theme this year where they are using the colours and design aspects of their various 1990s Air Max trainers on the 3rd and 4th kits for their teams. No idea if the 4th kit can or will be used by the team. The design of those trainers is alright but the colours are not. Like the grey ones posted on the previous page which are ruined by the horrible red/pink tongue.