You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Report: Reds planning swoop for Milot Rashica

TLW

Liverpool may be focused well and truly on the League and European competition, however a sneaky eye is also being cast to what may be on the market come the summer transfer window.

While the name of Timo Werner has been heavily linked of late with the player himself making no secret of his admiration for the club, another player currently plying his trade in the Bundesliga has come into the discussion.

The Mirror (via Bild) reports that Werder Bremen winger Milot Rashica is a player who really interests Jürgen Klopp as the manager has closely tracked his performances this season.

While Werder Bremen are currently mired in relegation scrap sitting in 19th position and five points from safety, Rashica has been a shining star scoring seven league goals (along with three in the German Cup) and adding three assists.

The Kosovo international came to Germany from Vites
se Arnhem where he was part of the squad who won the KNVB Beker (Dutch Cup) for the first time in their history in 2017.

While Rashica can play as a striker, it is believed that he strengths lie mostly on the left of a front three where he can potentially provide cover for Sadio Mane.

He is very comfortable cutting inside from the flank and is an adept crosser of the ball and a classy finisher from dead ball situations.

image.png

Speaking recently about what may lie ahead, Rashica says his hunger for scoring goals is always forefront in his mind.

“I'm never satisfied. I always want more. When I've scored 10 goals, I want to score 15. When I have scored 15, I want 20. 

"I think I've done OK (this season), but I hope to score several more goals."

Borussia Dortmund is another team who have shown interest, Rashica is focusing on his current club and helping maintain their status in the top flight.

"I'm not thinking about that at all right now. We have much more important things in forefront of us. 

“In football, you can't plan ahead much anyway. At the moment, I'm only concentrating on Werder Bremen and on bouncing back."

It is believed the release clause in Rashica's contract is in the vicinity of £31 million.

View full article