You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

West Ham (H) Premier League - 24/2/2020 - 20:00

Bjornebye

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, rb14 said:

Eh? Ohhhhhhhh, I see. Had to work to get that one.

Run that one past me one more time?

The idea is that when winning the league (making that part a tad premature) we'd have beaten all 19 teams in the league at least once. And we would have done it in the quickest time ever after West Ham away.

16 minutes ago, m0e said:

The idea is that when winning the league (making that part a tad premature) we'd have beaten all 19 teams in the league at least once. And we would have done it in the quickest time ever after West Ham away.

Would have been even quicker, if we'd played them in December, as originally scheduled. 

5 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

The normal cycle of the last few decades is build a decent team, finish second, fall to shit the following season.

How did we get to the point where, in our scheduled "fall to shit" season, we're not just winning the thing, we're looking at everybody's all-time records and counting up which ones we can break?

(There's a three-word answer to that question and the middle word is Norbert.)

Mr Norbert Colon?

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

What an achievement that was. Barry Venison,David Burrows,Glenn Hysen and we still won the league!

1989 charity shield - i was a kid and collected autographs back then....collared King Kenny and John Smith after the game at Wembley and said to Smith (i couldn't really speak to Kenny as was totally starstruck) "That Hysen was boss today, looks like a great signing" to which Smith replied in that dead posh voice of his 'well he is a Swedish international you know'....

I was dead impressed!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, an tha said:

1989 charity shield - i was a kid and collected autographs back then....collared King Kenny and John Smith after the game at Wembley and said to Smith (i couldn't really speak to Kenny as was totally starstruck) "That Hysen was boss today, looks like a great signing" to which Smith replied in that dead posh voice of his 'well he is a Swedish international you know'....

I was dead impressed!

Back in 2013/14 I went to The Park for a post-match pint with my mate. He was gabbing to a bunch of blokes who were over from Sweden. Just by way of conversation, he said that Glen Hysen was his favourite Swedish player; to which they replied "he's here with us". They called him over and we had a bit of a gab with him, but I can't remember anything anyone said, because I was pissed. 

My mate died the day before the start of the following season.  I later found out that Hysen had been in The Park that day, too, and had been asking after Martin.

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Back in 2013/14 I went to The Park for a post-match pint with my mate. He was gabbing to a bunch of blokes who were over from Sweden. Just by way of conversation, he said that Glen Hysen was his favourite Swedish player; to which they replied "he's here with us". They called him over and we had a bit of a gab with him, but I can't remember anything anyone said, because I was pissed. 

My mate died the day before the start of the following season.  I later found out that Hysen had been in The Park that day, too, and had been asking after Martin.

I always thought he was decent player. Nice one that.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, thegreatelephant said:

first one for a good while- albeit at the very back of the WHU away section AR, 'severely restricted view'. all i could muster

exchanging wry grass-snake grins with my man along the way during the match. quite the bunch of tea towels

WHU3-2.jpg

That rebuild of the ARE can't come quick enough. 

7 hours ago, J-V said:

Note to Alan Irvine. I’m not sure you are supposed to wish the opposition captain good luck before the game!

Also, I wonder what was said between VVD and the Hammers player who pulled a face as they were coming up the tunnel at the end.