You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

West Ham (H) Premier League - 24/2/2020 - 20:00

Bjornebye

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Yeah, he has a knack of spreading himself well. They are actually better saves than the pundits give him credit for, they just bang on about the opponents player missing a chance, the fucking goblins. 

It occasionally gets picked up, but they usually get dazzled by keepers that fling themselves all over the place and make the routine look spectacular. I think Gary Neville is one of the few high profile TV pundits to really talk about Alisson’s positioning and how simple he makes things look.

16 minutes ago, Johnlj said:

I'll believe in it when we can't be catched anymore. 30 years of despair can't be switched off until Hendo is lifting the damn trophy.

Depends on your level of pessimism.

Some on here will still be bleating about blowing it as soon as we go behind in our first game when it's mathematically confirmed while some saw it as a foregone conclusion by the end of the Xmas fixtures.

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, TheDrowningMan said:

It occasionally gets picked up, but they usually get dazzled by keepers that fling themselves all over the place and make the routine look spectacular. I think Gary Neville is one of the few high profile TV pundits to really talk about Alisson’s positioning and how simple he makes things look.

Yeah, he's pretty decent for a Manc, but has his moments. The rest earn money by default. 

Did Tyler really say 'That'll wipe the smile off Liverpool faces' when WH went 2-1 ahead?

Bet he shat his flannel trousers at the end. 

1 minute ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Why can't you talk sense during a game ?

Fucking baffling.

I'd rep that but I'm all out.

Cannot have the negativity around Fabinho tonight he was doing his job plus Keita's defensive shift also. I think he is running into a nice vein of form just in time for cruical CL matches. Controlled the game and tried to keep us going forward every time he had possession. Overall my man of the match but Trent was a joy to watch at times .

• Upvote 1

Just now, scudger99 said:

Some on here will still be bleating about blowing it as soon as we go behind in our first game when it's mathematically confirmed while some saw it as a foregone conclusion by the end of the Xmas fixtures.

Are you born in 99?

I can assure you that everyone who has experienced 30 years of hurt, and therefore refuse to take anything for granted,  enjoy our run as much as you, probably more. We are going to have an epic celebration when it is mathematically over, while you had your premature celebration in december.

One. Match. At. The. Time. 

• Downvote 1

Amazing that there are still people who dont want hendo in the team and want the armband given to someone else. That performance tonight should be enough to make these people see the error of their ways.

That was a well substandard performance without the captain driving the team on. We were slow and pretty woeful all game in all honesty.

We have fabianski to thank for 2 of the goals. Not that Im complaining but he really should have kept the first out and the second was a full on howler. I thought Ali should have done better on the equaliser. Good job his head got in the way of that shot by Bowen else it would have been 3-3. Maybe it was the conditions but he didnt look to take many balls cleanly tonight?

So, we're 4 wins from the maths but as Ive been saying since Christmas, number 19 is coming home to Anfield. It's just a question of when.

It looks to me like the team is just hitting a dip in form right now. That's only natural given the games we've played and energy expended. Neither is the team going to play great all season, every game.

Few people seem to be playing consistently well right now. Great ball from Trent for Gini's opener but the rest of his and robbo's crossing was below their usual heights. Mo, Sadio and Bobby just dont seem to be on the same wavelength at the moment. You had to feel for Sadio getting hooked because I thought either Mo or Bobby should have gone first.

Joe, Virgil, Fab and Gini were solid but Naby is a bit of a concern. You want the lad to succeed but the game just seemed to pass him by. We looked a lot better when Chambo came on.

Moyes is a twat an all. He surrendered 3 points without trying to city and put gets his team to play like that against us. Hope the fucker gets the sack. You cant pick and chose the games you're going to compete in and those you dont want to.

Although Watford seem to have lost their bounce, I think we need to put in a far better performance down there on Saturday. Hopefully by the time the game finished, it will be down to 3 games. 22 point lead restored. Onwards.

• Upvote 4

Guest Pistonbroke
3 minutes ago, scudger99 said:

I'm an optimist and have been pretty confident for a while now. A team that has racked up as many wins in the league as we have over the best part of 2 seasons doesn't just fall apart. We may get nervous now and again but with a 22 point lead we could handle a 2-3 period of negative results, it must keep the players going. 

I reckon living abroad in my own bubble makes things easier, plus I have a break between games and tend to chat football enough but not 24/7. It's really good to have a break and invest time in other things. I still get nervous during every game, but that's normal when you love the game and our great club. If you can't enjoy what this bunch of lads and JK have produced these last two seasons then you'll find it pretty hard to deal with the leaner times. I'm fucking loving things at the moment. 

2 minutes ago, Judge said:

Are you born in 99?

I can assure you that everyone who has experienced 30 years of hurt, and therefore refuse to take anything for granted,  enjoy our run as much as you, probably more. We are going to have an epic celebration when it is mathematically over, while you had your premature celebration in december.

You can assure me of fuck all lad because you scream negativity and pessimism. 

December ?  I've been celebrating after every game since we beat Villa at theirs.

And I was born in 64, so don't give me the Johnny come lately schtick.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Guest Pistonbroke
6 minutes ago, Judge said:

Are you born in 99?

Come on mate, some of us were born in the 60's, probably a few before. Had the good times, saw off the lean times and are now enjoying what the team and manager are producing. Nothing wrong with being confident when you have a 22 point lead, even though we have all gone through the heartache of missing out. That highlighted bit is utter bollocks btw.  

2 minutes ago, scudger99 said:

December ?  I've been celebrating after every game since we beat Villa at theirs.

Big game beaut 

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, scudger99 said:

Great year to be born mate. August 64 for myself. 

6 minutes ago, Judge said:

Are you born in 99?

If you want. Ive seen us win most league titles since the 60's. I really and honestly dont know how people can think we are blowing this just because we lost out in 2014 and perhaps last season.

Even the fat lady is singing 'we're gonna win the league!' I honestly think people will find it a bit of an anti climax when it's mathematically won because it'll just be confirmed. There'll be no aguero moment. Each to their own though.