You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Would You Want Retrospective Titles?

Bjornebye

Would You Want Retrospective Titles?   

112 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Want Retrospective Titles?

• Yes. City are cheating cunts and don't deserve them. We do.
    • No. City are cheating cunts but I'd rather we won them on merit. Fuck them.

Just now, Bjornebye said:

"Hun" rep.

I disagreed with it too. As funny as it was. 

Let's be honest mate, the SPL was a half arsed league already, relegating that shower just made it completely uncompetitive. There's still some good people associated with Rangers who that would have hurt (John Greig for instance who is a top man), and it was just silly.

No. It's gone it's done. How do you compensate teams that missed out on top 4 or were relegated or lost vital points that could of gotten them a European spot. City's players won those titles yeah it was a side built upon dishonesty but those players still earnt it, still fought for it. They should keep their spoils and if there is to be a punishment it should be against the club for the future seasons. City's players can decide if they want to stay for that or not.

1 minute ago, Creator Supreme said:

Let's be honest mate, the SPL was a half arsed league already, relegating that shower just made it completely uncompetitive. There's still some good people associated with Rangers who that would have hurt (John Greig for instance who is a top man), and it was just silly.

I lost interest for a few years. Wasn't the same without them and obviously Celtic walked it. Good to have them back competing again because otherwise the league has zero point. 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

I lost interest for a few years. Wasn't the same without them and obviously Celtic walked it. Good to have them back competing again because otherwise the league has zero point. 

It's like when we talk about the blooshite going down, we'd miss the Derby before long.

As for City, my uncle's been a City fan for over 50 years so has seen them be good (Colin Bell era), shite for years, then good again. He's a good bloke so it'd be harsh on their decent fans like him!

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

City broke the rules and I'd probably back them getting them taken off them and them to be voided but I don't want anything handed to us.

My take on it exactly. Probably exacerbated by how Stevie’s comments made me feel, as we shouldn’t be seen being, and just don’t need to be, grasping about this. We’re winning it this season and everyone else knows the score with City. Just don’t want them to be allowed to keep getting away with it.

If the relevant authorities want to take their trophies off them so be it, but Bobby nailed it that the joy has already been stolen. Hendo doing his trophy lift will wash it all away and is what the game’s about, certainly from a fan’s point of view, rather than an email from some suited stiff confirming LFC have technically won an extra title.

• Upvote 1

Well of course, who wouldnt rather win titles on the sports field, isnt that's what it's supposed to be about? But, cheaters shouldnt benefit on the field either and sportsmen, women or teams shouldnt lose out because of this.

I dont know how people square the circle of taking points and therefore titles off city and then say no title should be awarded. Are we really saying take 1 point off city for 2014 so they still have more points than us, take the title off them but because they still have more points, we shouldnt be crowned champions instead?  Are we saying the same to each team that finished 2nd to them in every other season from 2012 to 2016 or whatever the time period is?

Are we really using the current 30 years between titles and this team that's going to win it is the reason we dont want the title for 2014?

Guest Pistonbroke

Yes, City cheated. In 20 years nobody would give a fuck about why and how you got them, it would just be a statistic on the clubs (and other clubs) honour/s list. If they weren't handed out to those who came second it wouldn't be the end of the World either, but I#d rather teams who stuck to the rules were rewarded for their hard work and honesty. 

5 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Can anyone name the winners of the 7 Tour titles Lance Armstrong was stripped of?

I've no desire to be like that.

They didn't retrospectively award the win to the second place finisher in the Tour de France after stripping Armstrong.  So in that case you do want us to claim the trophies?

Melbourne Storm were stripped of two Rugby League titles down here for breaching the salary cap and dodgily paying players through third parties.  Pretty similar to City, although much lower figures.  I don't think the runners up were then awarded the trophy.