You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Would You Want Retrospective Titles?

Bjornebye

Would You Want Retrospective Titles?   

112 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Want Retrospective Titles?

• Yes. City are cheating cunts and don't deserve them. We do.
    • No. City are cheating cunts but I'd rather we won them on merit. Fuck them.

I've seen differing views on this. Personally I don't want them. City broke the rules and I'd probably back them getting them taken off them and them to be voided but I don't want anything handed to us. 

Imagine though. Just going about your day and it popping up on the news that we have 2 titles. How do you celebrate? 

It won't happen anyway of course and I reckon City will win an appeal. 

I really hope this is their bubble burst though. I used to have a soft-spot for City. Probably because of Oasis and them hating Utd as well but since they have won the lottery their fans have turned into some of the bitterest, entitled gob-shites in the league. They can't even fill their stadium for a Champions League match. 2 bob wankers. I hate Utd but at least they are a proper Football Club. 

No, couldn't be bothered really. 

No retrospective title can change the emotions of beating City at home and truly believing, then our capitulation to Chelsea and Palace. It may have been heart ache, but that's the game, love or hate it. 

This title is the one to break our long wait for the title, this one is real. 

• Upvote 1

Yes. And City should also pay us whatever money we missed out on as prize money and share of the champions league tv cash which would have been greater for them as champions. 

I would piss myself laughing if it was only the 2014 league taken off them and we end up level with the other Manc Cunts after this season. It would burn both sets of twats heads out.

• Upvote 2

If (and that is a big if because it seems unlikely) City were stripped of one or all of their titles and those titles were then handed to the runners-up in those seasons, then I would think that to be a huge deterrent to any other club trying to chance their arm and flout the rules like City have. If it meant we are allocated another title or two, I wouldn't celebrate the fact because celebrating a title is for the moment it happens in real time, not when it's been handed over retrospectively. There's no need to have a trophy ceremony or parade (the PL can cast medals if they wish), but the records should certainly be revised if they do decide to strip City of a title or titles.

The PL and the FA would have a dilemma though. They are partially complicit in allowing City's owners to get away with certain financial infringements. Also, I don't think they'd want to expunge (if at all) more than one season because they don't want practically half of the last decade to have a huge black mark against it. The PL are all about chasing TV money and they'd find it hard to pitch for more money than they currently get.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Trumo said:

If (and that is a big if because it seems unlikely) City were stripped of one or all of their titles and those titles were then handed to the runners-up in those seasons, then I would think that to be a huge deterrent to any other club trying to chance their arm and flout the rules like City have. If it meant we are allocated another title or two, I wouldn't celebrate the fact because celebrating a title is for the moment it happens in real time, not when it's been handed over retrospectively. There's no need to have a trophy ceremony or parade (the PL can cast medals if they wish), but the records should certainly be revised if they do decide to strip City of a title or titles.

The PL and the FA would have a dilemma though. They are partially complicit in allowing City's owners to get away with certain financial infringements. Also, I don't think they'd want to expunge (if at all) more than one season because they don't want practically half of the last decade to have a huge black mark against it. The PL are all about chasing TV money and they'd find it hard to pitch for more money than they currently get.

Spot on about the PL there. 

I'd rather win titles. But, the addage of "cheats never prosper" should apply. So, while it would be a bit of a damp squid (IT Crowd) title, it's only fair that it should go to a team who played by the rules. 

Plus, given City's arrogance and aggressiveness since being outed as cheats, I think they need to be taught a proper lesson and knocked down a peg or two. 

The governing bodies will have to decide on some form of limitation to actions process though. If they start awarding titles to teams who've lost out to City's cheating, what about teams who dropped points to City and missed out on a Champions League place because of that? Or were relegated? Or even lost out on a few extra quid in prize money? 

Hit them hard, but a line has to be drawn somewhere 

Too fucking right I do.

If we’ve been duped out of titles then they should be retrospectively awarded, same goes for any other team that missed out.

Strip the cheating cunts of everything and make sure any money, prizes, positions and sponsor money owing is paid to the clubs that put long term plans in place to earn it.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I'd rather win titles. But, the addage of "cheats never prosper" should apply. So, while it would be a bit of a damp squid (IT Crowd) title, it's only fair that it should go to a team who played by the rules. 

Plus, given City's arrogance and aggressiveness since being outed as cheats, I think they need to be taught a proper lesson and knocked down a peg or two. 

The governing bodies will have to decide on some form of limitation to actions process though. If they start awarding titles to teams who've lost out to City's cheating, what about teams who dropped points to City and missed out on a Champions League place because of that? Or were relegated? Or even lost out on a few extra quid in prize money? 

Hit them hard, but a line has to be drawn somewhere 

They won the League Cup during that time -- imagine the cost to Sunderland. They would have been in the corn, instead they ended with a manager from Children of the Corn. and are now playing away games in car parks.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

They won the League Cup during that time -- imagine the cost to Sunderland. They would have been in the corn, instead they ended with a manager from Children of the Corn. and are now playing away games in car parks.

Hahaha 

Nah, as much as they are cheating cunts, and as much as Stevie deserved a title, it wouldn't sit right with me. If it was for doping doping as opposed to financial doping then fair enough, but I don't like football fans suffering for their owners cooking the books!

It didn't sit right with me when the Huns were sent to League 2 in Scotland, what happened to Bury and Bolton was too harsh for me. I didn't even like when those Tory cunts at Luton got a 30 point deduction! Lest we forget Cancer and Aids took us to the brink of a points deduction.

I'll pass! Let's try and get this one over the line (it ain't done yet)!

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Creator Supreme said:

Nah, as much as they are cheating cunts, and as much as Stevie deserved a title, it wouldn't sit right with me. If it was for doping doping as opposed to financial doping then fair enough, but I don't like football fans suffering for their owners cooking the books!

It didn't sit right with me when the Huns were sent to League 2 in Scotland, what happened to Bury and Bolton was too harsh for me. I didn't even like when those Tory cunts at Luton got a 30 point deduction! Lest we forget Cancer and Aids took us to the brink of a points deduction.

I'll pass! Let's try and get this one over the line (it ain't done yet)!

"Hun" rep.

I disagreed with it too. As funny as it was.