You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sammy Aftershave

Bjornebye

10 minutes ago, Champ said:

Would a card for his family or a charity donation from the forum be appreciated, easy?

I wouldn’t know to be honest , well obviously yes, but I live elsewhere and it’s been about six weeks now so all is done , I only knew his sister and a few of his mates in Liverpool. I’ll text his sister and maybe she could look on the TLW to see members condolences.

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

I wouldn’t know to be honest , well obviously yes, but I live elsewhere and it’s been about six weeks now so all is done , I only knew his sister and a few of his mates in Liverpool. I’ll text his sister and maybe she could look on the TLW to see members condolences.

That’s a nice idea. Thanks.

I guess there will be loads who spend time on the forum whose real life friends and family have little sense of the community we share on here, brought together by our shared love of our mighty club and held together by so much more.

You’re missed Sammy

• Like 1
  • Upvote 11

44 minutes ago, Champ said:

That’s a nice idea. Thanks.

I guess there will be loads who spend time on the forum whose real life friends and family have little sense of the community we share on here, brought together by our shared love of our mighty club and held together by so much more.

You’re missed Sammy

Yes that’s nice, I would give that a thumbs up but I don’t seem to have that option on my phone for some reason. It’s a pity he couldn’t see the outcome of this season after all we talked over the years about LFC, but he said last year that at least he made it to see us lift No 6 . YNWA.

• Upvote 1

Hello to all SammyAftershave’s buddies on here.  I’m Andy’s sister.  I’ve read all of your lovely comments and am very appreciative.  Andy sadly passed away in November last year, he’s missed beyond words.  He had a nice letter and signed picture from Mr Klopp which he was thrilled about.  I wrote to the Club and explained about his lifelong love of LFC.  Some of his ashes are on the Memorial  and some were secretly scatter in his beloved Kop, on Derby day.

Thank you all again and Andy Will Never Walk Alone x

• Like 1
  • Upvote 34

12 minutes ago, SammyAftershave said:

Hello to all SammyAftershave’s buddies on here.  I’m Andy’s sister.  I’ve read all of your lovely comments and am very appreciative.  Andy sadly passed away in November last year, he’s missed beyond words.  He had a nice letter and signed picture from Mr Klopp which he was thrilled about.  I wrote to the Club and explained about his lifelong love of LFC.  Some of his ashes are on the Memorial  and some were secretly scatter in his beloved Kop, on Derby day.

That’s nice Angela x

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Yes that’s nice, I would give that a thumbs up but I don’t seem to have that option on my phone for some reason. It’s a pity he couldn’t see the outcome of this season after all we talked over the years about LFC, but he said last year that at least he made it to see us lift No 6 . YNWA.

Thanks for doing that x

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, SammyAftershave said:

Sorry to hear about your lost. Sammy (Andy) was a great poster and I enjoyed his contribution to the forum.

• Upvote 2

Guest Pistonbroke
1 hour ago, SammyAftershave said:

This is a lovely gesture to come on here with your kind thoughts for others despite the hurt you must still feel. Take care and remember the good times you got to share. XX

1 hour ago, SammyAftershave said:

If anyone can do anything at all to help just ask x 

• Upvote 2

Its a horrible thing death and affects us all when we lose a friend or family member. Only a couple of weeks ago my son in law's Dad had a massive heart attack and passed away a few days later in hospital after never recovering consciousness. He was 64 and had only recently retired,a year or two, and was looking forward to moving to Spain with his Mrs,who is obviously devastated. Worst thing is that it was only a couple of months before our daughter,their daughter in law,gives birth to both Grandparent's first grandchild. Its been a big shock to us all. They live just outside Leeds and are Bradford City season ticket holders,as is my Son in Law. I will be the sole Grandad,which is ironic given that both my own died over a decade before I was born.

Sorry for the digression from Sammy(Andy's)passing. May he also rest in peace.

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

If anyone can do anything at all to help just ask x 

Thanks for starting this thread as it was really great to read everyone’s sentiments and a nice gesture from you, I’m glad Angela took comfort from reading them and I only wished I’d of said something earlier, never realised it was over two months ago, but didn’t think it was my place to do so , so cheers mate.

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Thanks for starting this thread as it was really great to read everyone’s sentiments and a nice gesture from you, I’m glad Angela took comfort from reading them and I only wished I’d of said something earlier, never realised it was over two months ago, but didn’t think it was my place to do so , so cheers mate.

Nothing to thank me for mate. He will be missed on here thats for sure.