Quantcast
Atletico Madrid (A) Champions League 18/2/20. 20:00 - Page 33 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Atletico Madrid (A) Champions League 18/2/20. 20:00

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

Fucking cunt of a club president or whatever he calls himself saying Anfield wouldnt pass a UEFA technical test? Fuck me, they really are every bit as bad as Real and Barcelona.

He wouldn't pass a human rights test, the morally bankrupt cunt.

The thing that's stuck with me from yesterday is how Klopp changes where not to find a goal but settle for a 1 nil defeat. I got taking Mane off as they were obviously looking to get him sent off but taking Salah off, who even on a bad day is our biggest threat then bringing Milner on later. The sub where strange and really got to hope not getting a away goal doesn't bit us in the backside as we need to win by 2 now and as we push up they'll be very dangerous on the break and one goal makes it a very very difficult night 

4 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

The thing that's stuck with me from yesterday is how Klopp changes where not to find a goal but settle for a 1 nil defeat. I got taking Mane off as they were obviously looking to get him sent off but taking Salah off, who even on a bad day is our biggest threat then bringing Milner on later. The sub where strange and really got to hope not getting a away goal doesn't bit us in the backside as we need to win by 2 now and as we push up they'll be very dangerous on the break and one goal makes it a very very difficult night 

I think Jurgen got the same vibes as me. And that was we werent getting anything out of that game. Plenty of times in the past when we've settled for a 1-0 away loss in Europe.

• Upvote 2

A one nil defeat away isn't the great result it was in the 70-90s. It used to be viewed as a decent result, it isn't. The whole game is on a knife edge unless you blitz a team quickly fir a three goal lead

• Upvote 1

Perhaps Klopp was remembering Barcelona away last season where even he lost his head going for that away goal. Thankfully it didn't cost his team dearly. 

If anyone is in two minds as to how to approach the 2nd leg, it's them. 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Yes,your posts are a highlight. What is your former username as you seem familiar?

I would seem familiar considering I've been on the forum longer than you.  Talent.

22 hours ago, moof said:

A reality check? We’re still the best team on the planet. One shite game doesn’t change that

Lets see how we manage the 2nd leg. We certainly didn't look great against AM . No shots on target and wobbly at the back. That aside I don't like parading round calling ourselves the best team ever seen. You're as good your last game in the football bubble. 

15 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Fucking cunt of a club president or whatever he calls himself saying Anfield wouldnt pass a UEFA technical test? Fuck me, they really are every bit as bad as Real and Barcelona.

What the fuck is a UEFA technical test and how does it have any relevance? Is this an attempt at mind games, showing they are not fazed etc.? If so, it’s pretty poor and would kind of suggest the opposite.

3 hours ago, magicrat said:

Lets see how we manage the 2nd leg. We certainly didn't look great against AM . No shots on target and wobbly at the back. That aside I don't like parading round calling ourselves the best team ever seen. You're as good your last game in the football bubble. 

Alright, my mistake. We’re actually quite shit, in that case. Seems reasonable 

• Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, moof said:

Alright, my mistake. We’re actually quite shit, in that case. Seems reasonable 

There is quite a large amount of middle ground between "we're the best, we'll definitely beat anyone" and "we're quite shit". AM could (read: definitely will) come to Anfield and set up to do the same again. Defend their lead and catch us on the counter. Barca was a different type of game altogether.

The main thing that pissed me off was the lack of shooting from range. We have players capable of doing it yet, but there was fuck all attempts. That game was crying out for us to hit them from distance. Work the keeper a bit, maybe with a bit of luck we score or at least get on the end of a rebound. So frustrating.

4 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

The main thing that pissed me off was the lack of shooting from range. We have players capable of doing it yet, but there was fuck all attempts. That game was crying out for us to hit them from distance. Work the keeper a bit, maybe with a bit of luck we score or at least get on the end of a rebound. So frustrating.

Yeah. On the evidence of the first leg, as well as being physically weak on set pieces, Oblak looks slow to get down. He appeared almost arthritic trying desperately to get across to Henderson's effort that went just wide.

18 minutes ago, rotoq said:

There is quite a large amount of middle ground between "we're the best, we'll definitely beat anyone" and "we're quite shit". AM could (read: definitely will) come to Anfield and set up to do the same again. Defend their lead and catch us on the counter. Barca was a different type of game altogether.

The post I was quoting - “you’re only as good as your last game”

for the past 18 months we have been practically untouchable. This idea that one defeat against a really tricky opponent means we’re actually not as good as we think we are, or whatever, is laughable. 

27 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

In general, the not shooting from range thing is definitely a statistical thing that the team has probably been told not to do. If you look at this graph, it looks like we avoid shooting past a certain distance.

51ya8evt1ah41.jpg

4 hours ago, magicrat said:

What you talking about Willis?

14 hours ago, A_S said:

Perhaps Klopp was remembering Barcelona away last season where even he lost his head going for that away goal. Thankfully it didn't cost his team dearly. 

If anyone is in two minds as to how to approach the 2nd leg, it's them. 

Didn't he try to give Alisson the nod to go up for a corner in the last final minutes, thank fuck Alisson said no because a few seconds later Messi broke forward and the big beautiful Brazilian was there to make the save.