Quantcast
Atletico Madrid (A) Champions League 18/2/20. 20:00 - Page 33 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Atletico Madrid (A) Champions League 18/2/20. 20:00

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

Fucking cunt of a club president or whatever he calls himself saying Anfield wouldnt pass a UEFA technical test? Fuck me, they really are every bit as bad as Real and Barcelona.

He wouldn't pass a human rights test, the morally bankrupt cunt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing that's stuck with me from yesterday is how Klopp changes where not to find a goal but settle for a 1 nil defeat. I got taking Mane off as they were obviously looking to get him sent off but taking Salah off, who even on a bad day is our biggest threat then bringing Milner on later. The sub where strange and really got to hope not getting a away goal doesn't bit us in the backside as we need to win by 2 now and as we push up they'll be very dangerous on the break and one goal makes it a very very difficult night 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

The thing that's stuck with me from yesterday is how Klopp changes where not to find a goal but settle for a 1 nil defeat. I got taking Mane off as they were obviously looking to get him sent off but taking Salah off, who even on a bad day is our biggest threat then bringing Milner on later. The sub where strange and really got to hope not getting a away goal doesn't bit us in the backside as we need to win by 2 now and as we push up they'll be very dangerous on the break and one goal makes it a very very difficult night 

I think Jurgen got the same vibes as me. And that was we werent getting anything out of that game. Plenty of times in the past when we've settled for a 1-0 away loss in Europe.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A one nil defeat away isn't the great result it was in the 70-90s. It used to be viewed as a decent result, it isn't. The whole game is on a knife edge unless you blitz a team quickly fir a three goal lead

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps Klopp was remembering Barcelona away last season where even he lost his head going for that away goal. Thankfully it didn't cost his team dearly. 

 

If anyone is in two minds as to how to approach the 2nd leg, it's them. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Yes,your posts are a highlight. What is your former username as you seem familiar?

I would seem familiar considering I've been on the forum longer than you.  Talent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, moof said:

A reality check? We’re still the best team on the planet. One shite game doesn’t change that

Lets see how we manage the 2nd leg. We certainly didn't look great against AM . No shots on target and wobbly at the back. That aside I don't like parading round calling ourselves the best team ever seen. You're as good your last game in the football bubble. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Fucking cunt of a club president or whatever he calls himself saying Anfield wouldnt pass a UEFA technical test? Fuck me, they really are every bit as bad as Real and Barcelona.

What the fuck is a UEFA technical test and how does it have any relevance? Is this an attempt at mind games, showing they are not fazed etc.? If so, it’s pretty poor and would kind of suggest the opposite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, magicrat said:

Lets see how we manage the 2nd leg. We certainly didn't look great against AM . No shots on target and wobbly at the back. That aside I don't like parading round calling ourselves the best team ever seen. You're as good your last game in the football bubble. 

Alright, my mistake. We’re actually quite shit, in that case. Seems reasonable 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, moof said:

Alright, my mistake. We’re actually quite shit, in that case. Seems reasonable 

 

There is quite a large amount of middle ground between "we're the best, we'll definitely beat anyone" and "we're quite shit". AM could (read: definitely will) come to Anfield and set up to do the same again. Defend their lead and catch us on the counter. Barca was a different type of game altogether.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The main thing that pissed me off was the lack of shooting from range. We have players capable of doing it yet, but there was fuck all attempts. That game was crying out for us to hit them from distance. Work the keeper a bit, maybe with a bit of luck we score or at least get on the end of a rebound. So frustrating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

The main thing that pissed me off was the lack of shooting from range. We have players capable of doing it yet, but there was fuck all attempts. That game was crying out for us to hit them from distance. Work the keeper a bit, maybe with a bit of luck we score or at least get on the end of a rebound. So frustrating.


Yeah. On the evidence of the first leg, as well as being physically weak on set pieces, Oblak looks slow to get down. He appeared almost arthritic trying desperately to get across to Henderson's effort that went just wide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, rotoq said:

 

There is quite a large amount of middle ground between "we're the best, we'll definitely beat anyone" and "we're quite shit". AM could (read: definitely will) come to Anfield and set up to do the same again. Defend their lead and catch us on the counter. Barca was a different type of game altogether.

The post I was quoting - “you’re only as good as your last game”

 

for the past 18 months we have been practically untouchable. This idea that one defeat against a really tricky opponent means we’re actually not as good as we think we are, or whatever, is laughable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

The main thing that pissed me off was the lack of shooting from range. We have players capable of doing it yet, but there was fuck all attempts. That game was crying out for us to hit them from distance. Work the keeper a bit, maybe with a bit of luck we score or at least get on the end of a rebound. So frustrating.

In general, the not shooting from range thing is definitely a statistical thing that the team has probably been told not to do. If you look at this graph, it looks like we avoid shooting past a certain distance.

 

51ya8evt1ah41.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, magicrat said:

Lets see how we manage the 2nd leg. We certainly didn't look great against AM . No shots on target and wobbly at the back. That aside I don't like parading round calling ourselves the best team ever seen. You're as good your last game in the football bubble. 

What you talking about Willis?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, A_S said:

Perhaps Klopp was remembering Barcelona away last season where even he lost his head going for that away goal. Thankfully it didn't cost his team dearly. 

 

If anyone is in two minds as to how to approach the 2nd leg, it's them. 

Didn't he try to give Alisson the nod to go up for a corner in the last final minutes, thank fuck Alisson said no because a few seconds later Messi broke forward and the big beautiful Brazilian was there to make the save. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Available Subscriptions

  • Last Match Report

  • Latest Posts

    • One of my favourite comedy movie teams.
    • John Barnes says he does believe Liverpool will regret missing out on the signature of Timo Werner because he was not fully committed to the joining them.

      Chelsea have agreed a deal to sign the RB Leipzig striker, despite the widely held view that the Reds were in prime position to seal the transfer.
        The news may have come as a shock as well as some disappointment to Liverpool fans who were looking forward to have another class forward joining the ranks.

      But it seems the only set of individuals not surprised were the club hierarchy themselves who were not rushed into reacting and engage in a bidding war with the West London club.

      John Barnes believes there is a clear reason for that as he explained to BonusCodeBets(via The Mirror).

      “Liverpool want players that want to play for Liverpool. I'm sure a lot of people were after [Virgil] van Dijk, but he wanted to come to Liverpool.

      "If they don't get a move on and Manchester City, Arsenal or Chelsea come in for him and he decides to go there, that's not the sort of player you want anyway.

      "Because he'll just go where they're going to pay him more money or he wasn't that committed to wanting to come to play for Jurgen Klopp at Liverpool.

      Jürgen Klopp does things in a very measured and strategic way, almost testing the nerve of the player regarding how much he wants to play for the club.

      Patience is the key and when they do sign on the dotted line, Klopp doesn’t just throw them to the wolves, instead he waits for the right time to bed them into the lineup.

      It could be the case that Klopp believed that Werner would grow impatient with that type of process, and therefore he was not the right man for the club.  

      Barnes believes that Werner may have failed the Klopp test and cited recent examples of World Class talents who were more than willing to join the Reds.

      "I don't think they have to get a move on, they didn't get a move on with Van Dijk or Alisson and a lot of people wanted them to, it's because they wanted to come. 

      “This is a test to see if he really wants to come and play for Jurgen Klopp at Liverpool.

      “Considering how things have panned out it seems Werner didn't pass Klopp's test, but at the same time Liverpool - who didn't meet the deadline - failed the forward's too.”

      Former Liverpool captain Jamie Redknapp agreed with his former club not purchasing Werner and questioned where he would fit in the lineup.

      “Who is going to replace. He’s a really good player, but we don’t know right now, is he better than Mane, Firmino, Salah?

      “It’s one of the best front three in the world right now so he doesn’t want to go somewhere and be a number two or a sub.

      “Will they regret it? You don’t know but that is what he has got to do. He has got to make Liverpool regret that decision, or at least make them think ‘I wish we had signed him.

      “For Liverpool, they have got to look at it and think, if you bring someone like him in it could upset the balance of them and maybe they might think, ‘would it be worth the risk to bring in another player.

      “They have three top-class players who don’t get many injuries, why risk upsetting balance.”



       
      View full article
    • He like Pulisic can play left or right... They will let go of Willian and Pedro I reckon. 
    • I wonder if catcher et al are fully paid up members of qAnon? 
    • Positives - Covid immunity (allegedly) Negatives - Rapey (allegedly)   Bringing him in would be instead of Werner - so why buy him? Bench?      
  • Latest Round Up

  • Popular Contributors

  • Football Betting Site Betway
  • Footstock
  • Online Bingo
×