You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Atletico Madrid (A) Champions League 18/2/20. 20:00

Bjornebye

Just spotted that this prick was the one in charge of the PSG away game last year, where we ended up with 6 yellow cards due to similar shithousery. 

Don't blame Klopp one bit for taking Mané off. 

And how many times did the he make the wrong decision when he was yards away, and how many times was he miles away, and overruled the lino who was yards away? The Salah 'foul' springs to mind. 

This fella needs either his head or his bank checking, either way I don't want him near one of our games again, the disgusting bald nonce. 

• Upvote 7

Can we dispense with this game management shit now with 15 or so games to go? It really blunts our forward players. Yes its been successful, but it wouldn't harm us to go hell for leather now and again and unleash the forward thinking players a bit more.

Salah particularly suffers from this, the guy was a fucking amazing dribbler and so was Mane, we just lack intensity sometimes and our play is too slow and ponderous. Lately Soton first half, Norwich, tonight, West Ham, Wolves, we've played well within ourselves and tonight we ran out of luck.

The players we have we know can play much better than what they are showing but we are just so slow in the buildup at times. Most of our forward players like Keita, Ox, Salt and Mane play on pure instinct.

Oh and fuck off mid season breaks.

12 minutes ago, Aventus said:

Just spotted that this prick was the one in charge of the PSG away game last year, where we ended up with 6 yellow cards due to similar shithousery. 

Don't blame Klopp one bit for taking Mané off. 

And how many times did the he make the wrong decision when he was yards away, and how many times was he miles away, and overruled the lino who was yards away? The Salah 'foul' springs to mind. 

This fella needs either his head or his bank checking, either way I don't want him near one of our games again, the disgusting bald nonce. 

He was unbelievable. I wonder what they bought him? Even Klopp's booking - how did he get that when that other fecking idiot was leapng around non-stop shouting at everyone. And why's he geeing up a crowd that couldn't have been geed up more than they were? Was he improvising a ballet?

Very naive performance, unworthy of the holders of the trophy. We played pretty much exactly into their hands and every player was crap. 

I actually liked the Salah sub. I thought it was so we could press them with more energy and we created some half chances out of it, but the quality wasn't there to finish. 

Anyway, 1-0 not a disaster but that was not a pretty sight. 

• Upvote 1

Also, sides with quality in Europe have been able to nullify us pretty easily by playing a flat 4-4-2. Becoming a bit of a trend. 2 goals in 5 matches against Napoli and Atletico, and especially tonight we couldn't make a dent. 

Something needs to be done about that but I have no doubt the home game will be different.

Just reading some of Simeone's comments and the hoo-ha surrounding their win amongst their fans and stuff...

... you'd think they just won the Final 4-0.

It's flattering to us - I guess - that they're so over't' moon about winning 1-0 at home.

But fuck, it's a bit over the top.

I'm not sure whether they genuinely think they can get the chocolates in this one, or maybe they're masking the fact that they're a bit surprised and still shit scared.

Hopefully, they've played their Cup Final.

But this tie's thrown me a bit - nervous, and three weeks to worry about it.

Maybe the League title being that bit closer by then might ease the nerves/boost the confidence.

Judging by some negative comments around here, 

The bullshit on twitter and the headlines on sky sports news. 

I'm beginning to think the world has stopped turning

What a crock of shit. They got a lucky goal, then rode their luck for 90 minutes. 

Hardly some "tactical masterclass" by simeone. They looked like a Sam allardyce team ffs. 

I'm not saying we'll twat them in 3 weeks, but I bet you their shitting it more than we are. 

And as for all the other fans chuckling at us finally losing a game. Well, that just shows where we are doesn't it. The bunch of small time knobheads 

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

They got a lucky goal, then rode their luck for 90 minutes. 

Hardly some "tactical masterclass" by simeone. They looked like a Sam allardyce team ffs.

I respectfully disagree. Which isn't to say that I like anything about Atletico. But they did what they did brilliantly and had more clear cut chances than us to score again. Fortunately Morata is dogshit...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

I respectfully disagree. Which isn't to say that I like anything about Atletico. But they did what they did brilliantly and had more clear cut chances than us to score again. Fortunately Morata is dogshit...

This.

They have a reputation for doing exactly what they did last night and doing it as well as any team in Europe.

We couldn’t have picked a worse opponent to give a goal to and then have an off night against.

As with everyone else, I expect Anfield to be different, but won’t be expecting to see a free flowing game or the nicer aspects of football. They can be much worse than last night, fortunately I don’t think we will.

• Upvote 1

Fortunately this wasn't a one-off tie because we were so off the pace, it was a poor performance all round. It also highlights that we need that creativity in the middle of the park too, when the full backs are having an off day there's little else creative in our team bar Firmino.

Oh, and the ref and his assistants were dogshit. 

The midfield were very poor. Barely showing for the ball at all at times. VVD got frustrated so many times with the lack of an out ball other than to the full backs. The full backs were being pressed so had little time to pick out a decent pass and then it would go back to VVD. Rinse and repeat. Just a poor showing all night from everyone. Origi was fucking awful when he came on too.

7 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Fortunately this wasn't a one-off tie because we were so off the pace, it was a poor performance all round. It also highlights that we need that creativity in the middle of the park too, when the full backs are having an off day there's little else creative in our team bar Firmino.

Mane and Salah aren't creative?

1 hour ago, Josef Svejk said:

In the last 6 years, they've won the UEFA cup, been to 3 Champions league semis' and 2 finals. They showed us last night that they didn't get there accidentally. As for complaints about the ref, he had previously given us penalties in all 3 games he had officiated. It's not his fault that we didn't have a shot on target in 90 minutes.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, gkmacca said:

He was unbelievable. I wonder what they bought him? Even Klopp's booking - how did he get that when that other fecking idiot was leapng around non-stop shouting at everyone. And why's he geeing up a crowd that couldn't have been geed up more than they were? Was he improvising a ballet?

The whole Germany invading Poland thing still runs deep...

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
58 minutes ago, skend04 said:

In a one off tie we'd have approached things differently.