You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Atletico Madrid (A) Champions League 18/2/20. 20:00

Bjornebye

3 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

We’ve barely seen Minamino, though. He’s still settling, his performances have been mixed and he was never going to feature tonight. I think the subs were more about going with experience than being happy with the result. 

Might as well have had Lallana on the bench if Minamino was never going to feature.

Anyway, I still think we'll go through.

1 minute ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Just seen someone on twitter say that one of our best players was Fabinho.

Am I losing my mind? Thought he was easily our worst player, myself.

He along with Trent and Mo were the standout worst performers.  To be fair to Fabinho he’s not been long back from injury though.

3 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Not at the level he’s usually at in these ties. Maybe the same a bit with Gini. Trent was the most disappointing by his standard, I thought. 

3 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Thought he was really slow in lots of what he did tonight lacking Match sharpness.

each one of the subs were very poor though. Oirgi fucking hell couldnt even control the ball let alone pass it.

1 minute ago, magicrat said:

They got that early goal from some dreadful defending and they played like demonic shitehouses for the rest of the game with the crowd behind them. Add in a crap ref and some shabby performances from a few of our players then its no shock. Key is we didn't leak any further goals.  Tie is still well within our grasp. 

They got the goal from a lucky bounce. Even the two atletico players didnt know where the ball was until it rolled to the feet of one of them. But they all count, well, except when VAR is involved.

Yes, they played like shithouses but our play was pants from the 1st minute. Trent's first two deliveries immediately after the goal were into row S in the stand behind their goal. Some of his throw ins went straight to the oppos. He wasnt alone though.

Why are we caught out when teams come at us strong in the first few minutes? This is how city have attacked us in the two CL games the other season and each of the league games home and away? Dont be surprised when city do it again in the upcoming league game and we look poor.

Inside, I think Jurgen will be raging at that performance tonight. The boys have done us proud this season but you wonder if all the hard work may just about to catch up with us and the next 3 or 4 games are harder than they should be.

Just now, an tha said:

Speaking of throw ins the attack that led to the corner they scored off came from a wrongly awarded throw to them.

And the worst thing is, the fucking ref had a clear view of it and still gave it them. I actually thought we'd fucked up the throw in because the tv was showing a replay of the chance then quickly cut back to the play and van Dijk skying the ball out for a corner.

Guest Pistonbroke
5 minutes ago, Jennings said:

Origi does the hard stuff well, but is gash with the easy stuff. 

If he has time to think he's pretty wank. If he relies on instinct he's a different beast. 

Just now, dockers_strike said:

And the worst thing is, the fucking ref had a clear view of it and still gave it them. I actually thought we'd fucked up the throw in because the tv was showing a replay of the chance then quickly cut back to the play and van Dijk skying the ball out for a corner.

I was wondering how the fuck they had the ball after it too, only realised it has been given to them when comms said.

3 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

They got the goal from a lucky bounce. Even the two atletico players didnt know where the ball was until it rolled to the feet of one of them. But they all count, well, except when VAR is involved.

Yes, they played like shithouses but our play was pants from the 1st minute. Trent's first two deliveries immediately after the goal were into row S in the stand behind their goal. Some of his throw ins went straight to the oppos. He wasnt alone though.

Why are we caught out when teams come at us strong in the first few minutes? This is how city have attacked us in the two CL games the other season and each of the league games home and away? Dont be surprised when city do it again in the upcoming league game and we look poor.

Inside, I think Jurgen will be raging at that performance tonight. The boys have done us proud this season but you wonder if all the hard work may just about to catch up with us and the next 3 or 4 games are harder than they should be.

Let’s trust these lads to qualify. They were poor as a team tonite, but they ll work on it and will have something to prove.

There have been too much praise and euphoria lately ( winning the treble, invincible , 112 pts, all theses stupid records ), maybe the general mood among fans and pundits have softened the team ?

1 minute ago, Arnaud said:

Let’s trust these lads to qualify. They were poor as a team tonite, but they ll work on it and will have something to prove.

There have been too much praise and euphoria lately ( winning the treble, invincible , 112 pts, all theses stupid records ), maybe the general mood among fans and pundits have softened the team ?

No - they just had a poor night v a team who style wise are just about as bad as it gets for us.

I too trust them to qualify, but it is gonna be tough.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

What was said (by both)?

Robbo said something about how   Madrid were celebrating at the end and you could tell he was riled by it. Rio said they (our lads) should use that in the second leg to go out and win. 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

TBF, that bald cunt tonight was his Polish equivalent and probably worse. 

Haha. Yeah it was like a continental Anthony Taylor tribute act out there doing his thing.

A solid scando, dutch or german ref for 2nd leg please (or Collina to come out of retirement to piss off the blueshite on the 15th anniversary of when they nearly made the Champions League).