You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Atletico Madrid (A) Champions League 18/2/20. 20:00

Bjornebye

They are shite, too bad we fucked up our game.

Conceding a goal in that manner vs that team is so unreal, at the second minute.

It was wise to take out Mané who would have been targeted all the time.

The second leg will be toxic, but Mané and Salah will be up to, two goals each , we will win 5-3.

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, Ronnie Whelan said:

Thank god we can't get Anthony Taylor.

TBF, that bald cunt tonight was his Polish equivalent and probably worse. 

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Ha! Fair enough mate.

Reckon Klopp will definitely rest a few, especially if we beat WH and Watford before that game. The title is as good as in the bag. I'd love for us to go unbeaten but you don't get a trophy for that, CL has to take priority if we are still 22/25 or more points ahead. 

Just now, Pistonbroke said:

Reckon Klopp will definitely rest a few, especially if we beat WH and Watford before that game. The title is as good as in the bag. I'd love for us to go unbeaten but you don't get a trophy for that, CL has to take priority if we are still 22/25 or more points ahead. 

id onlhy favour resting players in league games if the league is already won.

I just couldnt take any chance what so ever with it. 

Second leg with these cunts. Hit them hard, hit them quick and they'll fold. 

After an annoying and dispiriting game like that, I’ve always listened more intently than ever to the manager’s immediate post-match interview.

As ever with Klopp, note perfect and left with not a single doubt that we - and the game - will be a totally different animal in the second leg. Controlled irritation from the manager used as the most potent of fuel for fans and players.

Who knows which way the result will ultimately go, but they’ll have to do more than just repeat that to put us out, I’m sure.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Arnaud said:

The break did us no Favour on a short term basis, the last two games we were poor. It would give us the edge later, hope we manage to go pass these freaks 

Yeah this, in 3 weeks we should be a totally different prospect to play against

• Upvote 1

Just now, Pistonbroke said:

Thought Robbo, Bobby and Gomez were good tonight, Alisson was also good. VVD moderate by his standards and the rest were all a bit Meh. 

I'd agree with that.

The old saying is "goals change games" and that fluke goal certainly changed that one. What an awful side they must be to support - people go on about how brilliant Simeone is but he's like Mourinho squared. Pragmatic to a degree that just sucks the fun out of football.

I suppose fans only really care about results but it is so much more satisfying to get those results without resorting to time-wasting and diving and kicking out and surrounding the referee all from 10 minutes in. So glad we have Jurgen in charge!

Plus I think we'll do them in the return leg anyway.

2 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

I'd agree with that.

The old saying is "goals change games" and that fluke goal certainly changed that one. What an awful side they must be to support - people go on about how brilliant Simeone is but he's like Mourinho squared. Pragmatic to a degree that just sucks the fun out of football.

I suppose fans only really care about results but it is so much more satisfying to get those results without resorting to time-wasting and diving and kicking out and surrounding the referee all from 10 minutes in. So glad we have Jurgen in charge!

That game was always going that way regardless.  It’s how they’ve played since that shithouse turned up.

if Mo could control a ball more than 50% of the time he had an open goal.

7 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

I'd agree with that.

As a pure spectacle in terms of aesthetics, terrible.

As an atmosphere, the opposite I imagine.

Fans love that sort of passion and tribalism.

10 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

190940550-arsenal27s-french-manager-arsene-wenger-holds-a-trophy-he-was-presented-with-after-the-matc.jpg

15 minutes ago, Arnaud said:

They are shite, too bad we fucked up our game.

Conceding a goal in that manner vs that team is so unreal, at the second minute.

It was wise to take out Mané who would have been targeted all the time.

The second leg will be toxic, but Mané and Salah will be up to, two goals each , we will win 5-3.

No way will they score 3.

30 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Minamino for Mane. Origi is routinely awful wide left.

And having not brought him on, if we need a goal surely he comes on later. He can run with the ball, pass it forwards, etc.

The last two subs made sense if we were happy with losing 1-0.

We’ve barely seen Minamino, though. He’s still settling, his performances have been mixed and he was never going to feature tonight. I think the subs were more about going with experience than being happy with the result. 

They got that early goal from some dreadful defending and they played like demonic shitehouses for the rest of the game with the crowd behind them. Add in a crap ref and some shabby performances from a few of our players then its no shock. Key is we didn't leak any further goals.  Tie is still well within our grasp.