You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Atletico Madrid (A) Champions League 18/2/20. 20:00

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, Jairzinho said:

Precisely.

They aren't as good as us. They bridge the gap by being snides. It's up to the ref to sort it out. He has been an absolute fucking disgrace.

That said, we were poor and Klopp's substitutions were odd/negative. Every one made us less likely to get a goal. We packed the side with midfielders that aren't very creative. Where was Keita or Minamino? Maybe Klopp was happy with the scoreline and just backs us to batter them at Anfield. 

Not very good. 

However, as poor as these have been in La Liga that year, they'd finish 2nd in the Premier League this season.

Mane was heading for a red and I wouldn’t have brought anybody else but Milner on for Henderson in a game like that. I could see the sense in the Ox move but he didn’t have one effort on goal. 

We fell into their diving trap from very early and we have to be smarter than that.

Salahs chance and the Henderson one have to be on target at the very least. 

We were poor and looked jittery for whatever reason.

Poxy fucking goal and a cunt of a night all round. But, it is what it is. 

I thought our choice of subs and rigidity in our shape was odd. Surely keita had to come on for Henderson there. We needed a bit of guile to beat a packed box and Milner is far more rusty than keita is.

Hopefully it'll be the kick in the bollix we need from here on in.

Oh and I hope the ref gets bad aids and eye aids. He was shocking and not helped by 2 idiot linesmen. One of the most one sided officials I've seen in many's a year.

Cunt 

Horrible game,horrible manager, horrible team, horrible ref , horrible night all round

Luckily we can put it right in the second leg but we are going to have to improve a hell of a lot as these cunts aren’t  going to lie down and if anything will be worse.

But a bit or perspective eh it’s only our second defeat of the season [ I’m not counting Villa] 

• Upvote 1

Terrible performance and result. We needed to score at least, but never looked like doing so.

We were fucking shite. Origi was the only player that did ok in an attacking sense.

We had so much of the ball but were way too slow in moving the ball around and our passing was horrific at times.

Trent and Robbo clueless when they had the ball. One thing I didn't understand is why they constantly cut back inside when on the touchline. Just ping the ball in. Even the corner in the 2nd half, Trent played it short instead of putting it in the box for fucks sake.

We were also dense as fuck at times. We must have known they would take every opportunity to fall down like a deck of cards. Don't give them any opportunities.

What a horrible cunt of a club they are. The anti-football in every sense.

I hope to fuck we do them in the home game.

• Downvote 1

Just now, El Rojo said:

Mane was heading for a red and I wouldn’t have brought anybody else but Milner on for Henderson in a game like that. I could see the sense in the Ox move but he didn’t have one effort on goal. 

Minamino for Mane. Origi is routinely awful wide left.

And having not brought him on, if we need a goal surely he comes on later. He can run with the ball, pass it forwards, etc.

The last two subs made sense if we were happy with losing 1-0.

• Upvote 1

It's games like those where we need to be shooting from outside the box. We had plenty of chances to but all bottled. There was a massive nervousness to our game all night too. We took too long on the ball too often and then took the safe option each time. The subs were baffling. 

We're not going through. I just can't see us breaking them down at home when they'll go full Pulis and will have their best players available. 

I hope I'm wrong. 

I'm fuckin shite.

Those are the games where you need not to concede a stupid early goal, then need a bit of skill or guile to break them down. Especially from midfield.

Pretty much went as badly as it could. Strange not to put Ox or Keita into midfield. And we must have had a reason for the short corners, but they didn’t work either. 

Scoring three against them will be tricky, so hopefully we don’t concede a stupid one in the second leg.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

These lot have Sevilla before the return leg, hope they kick the shit out of the diving cunts. We've got Bournemouth at home, deffo play a fringe team in that. Atletico will have to go strong as they are in a battle to hold onto a CL spot. 

9 minutes ago, Anubis said:

If we’re going to lose a game I’d rather it be in the CL where you get another crack. One down isn’t the worst scoreline in the world. I’m still confident we’ll go through.

1-0 v these is gonna be harder than against most....even if we score the 1 they won't change and will sit with low block and all their antics go extra time if needed...Even if we get 2 they'll know they only need 1 and that can be nicked.

Think we'll need to have a blow them away period to get it done - we are very capable of course but they don't let many in and will have two buses parked.

Gonna be a tough job.

we fell into their trap of diving and time wasting. 

We really need to be cuter than that.

Saying that, fair fucks to them, they put every man behind the ball for 90 minutes and got their win. Can they do that again in Anfield? i have my doubts. Hit them in the first 20 minutes in anfield and they'll crumble like digestive biscuit.