You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Atletico Madrid (A) Champions League 18/2/20. 20:00

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, Pistonbroke said:

Poor performance but the ref played a blinder for those cunts.

At 1-0 in the tie these will just do the same at Anfield and sit deeper. If it was 0-0 they'd have to have a go. We hammered Barca because they play football, these cunts are just a shit house team that wouldn't finish top half of the PL. Need to play clever and just pick them off. We're immense at home, so all to play for. 

I’m not sure playing clever is the way to go. I think we just have to go for the jugular and hope the ref gives us what we are owed.

• Upvote 1

Horrible, toothless performance.

You can apply that to the referee and us too.

Not convinced they’ll be any different in the return leg, so another frustrating night on the cards unless we buck our fucking ideas up.

We’ll need a decent referee who won’t be fooled by the shithousery they’ll bring.

Guest Pistonbroke
4 minutes ago, suzy said:

Wish Macca would stop laughing at their antics

Macca and Carra are your typical scal done well, become Tory types who are willing to lick arse as long as they are benefiting from it. 

7 minutes ago, rubble-rouser said:

I’m not mad at their team - it’s what they do. But the ref has to be wise to it.

Precisely.

They aren't as good as us. They bridge the gap by being snides. It's up to the ref to sort it out. He was an absolute fucking disgrace.

That said, we were poor and Klopp's substitutions were odd/negative. Every one made us less likely to get a goal. We packed the side with midfielders that aren't very creative. Where was Keita or Minamino? Maybe Klopp was happy with the scoreline and just backs us to batter them at Anfield. 

Not very good. 

However, as poor as these have been in La Liga this year, they'd finish 2nd in the Premier League this season.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

McManaman and his commentary pal have spent about 50% of the match waxing lyrical about Simeone cavorting about the touchline.

And the other 50 % wanking off about the fans singing. Complete amateurs, I’m never watching a match with those commentators on again. They should be shot.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, The Golden Eel said:

Absolute disgrace this, can't wait to get these back to Anfield

3 fucking week wait due to how they stretch it all out as well.

Thought we were awful tonight....clueless in how to deal with them and way they played.

Of course we have been spoiled by not losing football matches for ages and it had to happen at some stage, but everything about that tonight was poor and it is really frustrating.

If we have lost Mane and Henderson to injuries as well (in my book our most effective players over last few months) then it really caps a shite night.

Pretty average performance that, was always gonna be difficult after starting slowly and them scoring early.

Only Bobby out of our front six was anywhere near the required standard. They know how to defend and we never had enough quality to really punish them. 

One thing I dont understand is why we waited till injury time before hitting a decent corner into their box. I’m all for variation and being a bit upredictable, but fuck me we wasted many good opportunities from set pieces tonight.