You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Featured: That was the week that was (Feb 8-14 2020)

tlw content

theweekthatwas.jpg

Saturday Feb 8:

The wives of Hendo and Mo both gave birth in the last day or so, pretty much exactly nine months since we beat Barca at Anfield. The first thing that came to my mind was fair play to Hendo considering the absolute state he was in at the end of that game. 

Mo had the night off so obviously he was full of beans, but Hendo collapsed in a heap at full time, his knee was in bits and he’d been pumped full of pain killers, so that’s a proper captain’s knock that.

Milner took to social media to congratulate Hendo and quipped “assist by Origi” and hash tagged it #cornertakenquickly. What a man.

Meanwhile, the investigation into our supposed ‘hacking’ of Man City’s scouting database has been closed. City will be livid but there’s fuck all they can say, publicly at least, because they accepted a £1m pay off with a legal binding agreement on both sides to make no comment on it.

City weren’t arsed at the time because we were shite and posed no threat. Then, a few days after a meeting of the PL clubs in which some, including us, asked the PL just what they were doing about City’s blatant breaching of FFP rules, this story resurfaced in the Times, six years after the actual incident. Some co-incidence that, eh?

The investigation was dropped by the FA because of the amount of time that has passed and because City had already accepted a settlement. Liverpool admitted no wrong doing, but because they coughed up a million quid that sort of implies guilt. 

From what I’ve been told, there was no ‘hacking’ and that’s a proper disingenuous way of putting it. The way these scouting systems are set up, the higher up the chain you are the more access you have. So, if you’re Michael Edwards for example, you’d be able to log in and you’d have access to all the scouting reports from everyone beneath you. If you’re one of the scouts on the lower rung of the ladder, you only have your own reports.

Dave Fallows left City but he never ‘hacked’ anything to get back in. If he could still see the reports from the scouts who worked under him, it’s clearly because they never revoked his access. It’s claimed that he was looking at the reports for players they were scouting, and I’m sure he was because why the fuck wouldn’t you? 

It’s unethical and you can argue it’s poor form, but it’s not exactly crime of the century is it? Which is why we gave them a million quid by way of apology.

The only reason it even reared it’s head again is because we became dead good and also because City were wanting to deflect from their own cheating. Classic case of ‘whataboutery’. 

Sunday Feb 9:

Man City’s game is postponed due to the weather, meaning we might have to wait a bit longer to wrap up the title, depending on when that game is rescheduled for. Be funny if they stick in the middle of their winter break. It’d be even funnier if they were actually in a title race and could cry ‘conspiracy’. Difficult to do that from 22 points behind, although I’m sure that won’t stop the loons on Blue Moon. 

Saw a tweet today from Pedro Chirivella in response to something the clubs official account had put out about him. I had a little look at the replies and saw some fella saying he’s not going to make it here because he doesn’t have the physicality and he’s a yard slower than the other midfielders. That’s probably true, but what possesses someone to be tagging the player in on something like that? 

If I ruled the world, I’d find out who he was and I’d send the boys around to give him a kicking. It winds me right up. If he wants to tweet his opinion on Pedro and say he won’t make it here that’s fine. No problem at all as we all have opinions and social media gives us a platform to express them. When you tag the player in though, seriously, what the hell is wrong with you? 

Not just any player either. A young lad who has been sensational for us when he’s been drafted in for these cup games. I had a look through his account and Pedro often replies to fans who message him, so that tells me he reads his mentions and will have seen what this goon was saying. I’m sure it won’t have bothered him, but it bothers me as there’s just no need for it. So many people in this world are just fucking turds. 

This is just a teaser, click to view the full article

Please note that the Week that Was is only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

• Upvote 1

• dave u pinned this topic

Now we'll see if UEFA have real balls.  City are going to appeal and apparently have a small army of lawyers ready to go to town on UEFA.  UEFA need to make a firm stand and not buckle here, they have to be seen to be enforcing rules they put in place.  It would be hilarious if UEFA actually rejected the appeal and upped the sentence just to show City who the real power belongs to.  Baldiola is done there now, he knows he's fucked without having a massive chequebook to wave around.  If UEFA stick to their guns then they'll have cut City off at the knees, leaving us to dominate for the forseeable future.

This winter break hasn't been all bad then !

• Upvote 1

The wives of Hendo and Mo both gave birth in the last day or so, pretty much exactly nine months since we beat Barca at Anfield. The first thing that came to my mind was fair play to Hendo

Hope Mo doesn't find out Dave ?????

• Upvote 1

I think you’ve actually answered Chris’s question about why the club doesn’t celebrate Owen on social media a couple of paragraphs further up, when you say that Twitter attracts the lunatic fringe (and again, even further up, when mentioning the response to Pedro’s tweet). I expect that any birthday messages etc. from the club to Owen would be swamped with abusive responses. So probably best not to for Owen’s sake. Social media is full of bellends.

The club employs him as its International Ambassador so he’s not been frozen out.

• Upvote 3

How wonderful it is that City's week has been beautifully bookended by an investigation into the accessing of their system being closed, and the punishment by UEFA for their FFP crimes being announced. It couldn't happen to a nicer club.

Silva claiming that the point they gave up was as recent as a month ago. Really, One month? HAHAHA!

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Oscar_the_Grouch said:

I think you’ve actually answered Chris’s question about why the club doesn’t celebrate Owen on social media a couple of paragraphs further up, when you say that Twitter attracts the lunatic fringe (and again, even further up, when mentioning the response to Pedro’s tweet). I expect that any birthday messages etc. from the club to Owen would be swamped with abusive responses. So probably best not to for Owen’s sake. Social media is full of bellends.

The club employs him as its International Ambassador so he’s not been frozen out.

It never stopped them tweeting stuff about Hendo! Some of the replies on those were a fucking crime against humanity.

Pretty sure Owen was relieved of his ambassadorial duties (rightly so, he was referring to United as we).

I don't want Michael as an ambassador and he doesn't need to be LFC's poster boy. But just show him the same courtesy as other ex players are shown on their birthdays or on the anniversaries of them doing something ace.

LFC History's twitter mentioned the other day it was 19 years since we beat Roma 2-0 away and Owen scored both. Would it have killed LFC social media to post those goals and a little comment about it?

It baffles me. They shouldn't be worried about what the lunatic fringe on twitter say in response to their posts.

• Upvote 1

• dave u unpinned this topic