Quantcast
Clothing brands that you rarely see anymore - Page 6 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bjornebye

Clothing brands that you rarely see anymore

41 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Didn't know about that. What went on ?

I was a regular there, a few lads I went to school with worked there, one was responsible for bringing in Adidas shoes. I bought a pair of Adidas waterproof for £55 in 1984, they split in two weeks, all I was doing in them was posing. 
Took them back and they said where and tear, my mum took them back next day and got the same response. She wrote to Adidas Germany and they sent me a cheque , a load of goodies and said to phone Wade Smith as there would be a credit note waiting. I used the note, finding out the trainees should not have been in the country yet. Wade Smith asked me not to shop there again, my answer was fuck off.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Jim Spartacus said:

Those shady NFL things? Really wanted a pair at the time, never got them, glad of that now - up there with Reebok pump.

Pony Linebacker

C2323CF0-98E5-4E6A-89DB-409BA4920485.jpeg

66702D5B-A943-4D3A-A105-090B7B85E398.jpeg

They’ve been reissued but not in NFL

team colours.

482E1175-9471-47FD-8A2C-1EAD30CE1D69.jpeg

4 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Izzy Crown

All Mankind as shops go. 

Travel Fox.

Razzie Jeans.

Nevica are still going but no one wears them casually.

Once fell headlong out of the changing rooms of All Mankind in Kirkby Town Centre trying too enthusiastically to get a pair of extremely tight jeans past my knees.

My first work suit was bought from Sexy Rexie on London Road. I think they had a few branches dotted around.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, sir roger said:

Once fell headlong out of the changing rooms of All Mankind in Kirkby Town Centre trying too enthusiastically to get a pair of extremely tight jeans past my knees.

My first work suit was bought from Sexy Rexie on London Road. I think they had a few branches dotted around.

Remember buying one of my first suits in Principles.

• Upvote 1

Lybro seadog jeans, factory originally on mount Vernon ,now long gone,Go the match in the seventies and it was Fleming's or Lybro.The Beatles were into the Lybros in their early days

22 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Remember a time when Fruit of The Loom had a bit of a fashion spike.

They were always decent, when you bought a tshirt at a gig and it was printed on a fruit of the loom - yer could take it that it wasn’t gonna be a scratchy fucker.

This thread proves why you should stick to the traditional brands as these new up and comers, get shafted.

Fred Perry

Lacoste

Levi's.

Berghaus

Adidas 

Nike

Sorted.

17 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

Pony Linebacker

C2323CF0-98E5-4E6A-89DB-409BA4920485.jpeg

66702D5B-A943-4D3A-A105-090B7B85E398.jpeg

They’ve been reissued but not in NFL

team colours.

482E1175-9471-47FD-8A2C-1EAD30CE1D69.jpeg

I never had those, they were a boot style, red with a big fat sole. My 10 year old self thought they were a good idea.

21 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I don’t see Mizuno around anymore. 

That is probably because you don't play golf. They make golf clubs non stop but their clothing production is a rare thing.