You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Clothing brands that you rarely see anymore

Bjornebye

43 minutes ago, Mook said:

There's a total bellend in my office wears their polo shirts. Walks about like he's Clint fucking Eastwood as well.

I don't think I've seen anyone else wear one in 15 years though.

I can just picture you seething with murderous rage in the presence of a substandard polo.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I can just picture you seething with murderous rage in the presence of a substandard polo.

I spent about 15 minutes explaining to the bird who sits next to me how Le Shark were a blag Lecoste & why it is completely unnacceptable to wear for a grown man, it was lime green as well.

She was nonplussed.

• Upvote 3

Ben Sherman 

Fila

Fred Perry

La coq sportif

There was a brand with a crocodile for a logo, they were quite popular for a while. This might have been lecoste, just seen it mentioned.

1 hour ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Spliffy and Dready jeans/hoodies.

When you absolutely, positively need to define your entire personality by the fact you take recreational drugs.

I wore those in the early nineties. At the time I was defining my entire personality by the fact that I took recreational drugs.

The drugs stayed around longer than the clothing. Much longer.

3 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Stussy.

Pretty sure I was saving up for a Stussy bucket hat in the '90s. I wanted one of those Head bags too.

Still wear stussy now, love their gear, still do some decent loud shirts- none as good as the old mambo ones though, I’ve a couple of vintage Mambo loud shirts.

4 hours ago, Mook said:

I spent about 15 minutes explaining to the bird who sits next to me how Le Shark were a blag Lecoste & why it is completely unnacceptable to wear for a grown man, it was lime green as well.

She was nonplussed.

How long as Lifey worked with you ?

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Stussy.

Pretty sure I was saving up for a Stussy bucket hat in the '90s. I wanted one of those Head bags too.

I just landed in Sydney, as me jeans were fucking soaked in sweat I headed to Stussy to grab a pair of combats - light and zip off into shorts, but a bit fucking swishy.

anyway, while there I spotted these for yer (reckon the bottom one is a BBN):

CCE30152-710A-4CC3-B09D-836A244A75BC.jpeg

C1FACFAB-E1BA-4B65-AFD7-F58587637CF1.jpeg

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Mook said:

20200211_214736.jpg

my parents ran a small subcontractor textile factory and we actually made these jackets. also did frosty / frostie jackets (ski style jackets), for our sins before that we also made cheap shell suits too.

i can only apologise for the sins of my father.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Byrnie said:

Lotto was big enough in Ireland in the early 90s, especially trainers and footy boots.

Joe Bloggs jeans, Kickers shoes, Pepe jeans, Diesel.

If you live near a Primark, you can expect to see Lotto again soon. The one near mine has a window full of the stuff just now.