You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Premier League Round Up (Jan 31 - Feb 1 2020)

tlw content

Watford’s revival has ground to a shuddering halt after successive stoppage time defeats. They lost the Z-Cars derby 3-2 despite leading 2-0 and despite Everton having to play a large part of the second half with only ten men.

Watford’s opening goal was a work of art. Absolutely sensational football from front to back, it had back heels, glorious crossfield passes, stunning control and eventually a fine finish from Messina. It was a Liverpool goal, and I can pay them no higher compliment than that.

Their second was decent too, capped by a lovely finish by Pereyra. The first half was all Watford and they were well in control. Then they gave up two goals to Yerry Mina in stoppage time and went in at 2-2. Crazy stuff.

Delph then saw red after two quick bookings. The second one was fairly soft but when you’ve been booked already you just don’t dive in like that unless you’re a fucking moron, which of course he is.

The problem with Delph is that everything about his entire demeanour screams out ‘book me, ref’. He’s permanently snarling and aggressive, he’s always fouling and he’s a mouthy prick. He’s just not getting the benefit of the doubt. I'd book him in the tunnel before the game just to save time.

Watford couldn’t take advantage of the extra man and got caught in stoppage time when Richarlison got away down the left and picked out Moise Kean who as usual completely fluffed his lines. Unfortunately the ball rolled perfectly into the path of Walcott to present him with a chance that not even he could squander. 

Several Watford players have spoken recently about how Pearson’s disciplinarian approach was just what they needed. I don’t expect to hear any of them talking like that now though, as it’s hard to talk when you’re wearing your own tongue as a tie. Big Nige isn’t going to stand for that kind of ineptitude. Any more of that and I can see him marching into the dressing room dressed like Stallone in First Blood, complete with the big fuck off knife.

This is just a teaser, click to view the full article

Please note that PL Round Ups are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

• Upvote 2

• dave u pinned this topic

Hang on - you’ve been one of Sonny’s biggest fans. You’ve eulogised about how he’s the most underrated forward in the league, and I’m pretty sure he still holds the Usher ‘my boy’ status. I haven’t seen it rescinded. Or has the My Boy Curse struck again....

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Hang on - you’ve been one of Sonny’s biggest fans. You’ve eulogised about how he’s the most underrated forward in the league, and I’m pretty sure he still holds the Usher ‘my boy’ status. I haven’t seen it rescinded. Or has the My Boy Curse struck again....

He's a great player, I've never said otherwise. I used to think he was alright, but that was many moons ago. 

Don't think he was ever 'my boy' though.

I have to say, snidey twat or not, I'd be quite happy tonguing Son's balls. And his cock too for that matter. Your mum might be right about him in all sorts of ways, but he's getting it off me, however much of a twat he is. Robbo first like. 

That aside, tell you what's nice dicko. The fact that nowhere in that article are you able to say "except when they beat us" or "except when he plays a blinder and scores a winner against us". Remember how often that was a key component of almost EVERY Premier League Round-up? Almost every fucking one back in the day, that's how often. Now I accept that I'm probably putting the mockers on it by pointing it out, but hell, if I can't point it out now, I'll never be able to. 

• Upvote 1

• dave u unpinned this topic