You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ferdinand: Liverpool have been phenomenal and you have to admire them

TLW

Rio Ferdinand says that Liverpool’s body of work over the past two seasons is worthy of the highest level of respect.

The Reds currently stand head and shoulders above the pack in the title race, a season after pushing Man City all the way to the finish line and claiming their sixth Champions League trophy.

The former Leeds, Man United and England central defender knows a thing or two about winning trophies, and says this Liverpool team deserves all the praise it is getting.

The Mirror reported Ferdinand as saying:

“You have to respect it, I think Liverpool have done a tremendous job.

“In the last two years the amount of points they have accumulated has been phenomenal.

“You're not lucky to win the league, I know that from experience.

"You haven't got to be lucky you've got to be good enough to win a league and Liverpool are more than good enough."

image.png image.png

While Liverpool have added the UEFA Super Cup and Club World Cup to their growing tally this season, Ferdinand senses the Reds are far from satisfied and are men on a mission.

“I think that is the scary part for everyone else is that Liverpool, this isn't about today, they're going to be in this for the long haul.

“They look like a team that is being built for the long-term."

Ferdinand was not finished in his wholesome praise, saying that the running of the club has been first class where everyone has been on the same page.

“I think others team, other owners, can take a lead off of what Liverpool have done. 

"They've invested in their manager, they've invested in his ideas. He's been allowed to implement them over time.

“He (Klopp) didn't have success immediately, but you're seeing it bears fruit four or five years on now from the beginnings of that.

“He was given time and the resources and now the trophies are coming."

View full article

3 hours ago, TLW said:

Rio Ferdinand says that Liverpool’s body of work over the past two seasons is worthy of the highest level of respect.

The Reds currently stand head and shoulders above the pack in the title race, a season after pushing Man City all the way to the finish line and claiming their sixth Champions League trophy.

The former Leeds, Man United and England central defender knows a thing or two about winning trophies, and says this Liverpool team deserves all the praise it is getting.

The Mirror reported Ferdinand as saying:

“You have to respect it, I think Liverpool have done a tremendous job.

“In the last two years the amount of points they have accumulated has been phenomenal.

“You're not lucky to win the league, I know that from experience.

"You haven't got to be lucky you've got to be good enough to win a league and Liverpool are more than good enough."

image.png image.png

While Liverpool have added the UEFA Super Cup and Club World Cup to their growing tally this season, Ferdinand senses the Reds are far from satisfied and are men on a mission.

“I think that is the scary part for everyone else is that Liverpool, this isn't about today, they're going to be in this for the long haul.

“They look like a team that is being built for the long-term."

Ferdinand was not finished in his wholesome praise, saying that the running of the club has been first class where everyone has been on the same page.

“I think others team, other owners, can take a lead off of what Liverpool have done. 

"They've invested in their manager, they've invested in his ideas. He's been allowed to implement them over time.

“He (Klopp) didn't have success immediately, but you're seeing it bears fruit four or five years on now from the beginnings of that.

“He was given time and the resources and now the trophies are coming."

View full article

That's us fucked then

• Upvote 1

From the man that brought us

"Listen, Man United might not thank me but get the contract out, put it on the table. Let him sign it. Let him write whatever numbers he wants to put on there, given what he's done since he's come in. Ole's at the wheel, man. He's doing it. He's doing his thing. Man United are BACK."

Gawd bless him. 

He says it like Liverpool should not be admired. He lives not far from where I do and I have seen him drive. No wonder he wanted Ole at the wheel, I think he meant as his personal driver. 

You should have been more specific, you fucking whopper. 

47 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Klopp reached two finals in his first season. He started strong and has continued to get stronger.

Yeah, that gets forgotten a bit. He overachieved with those two finals as we'd no right to be competing at that level with the players he had. Unsurprisingly, we lost to City and Sevilla did a number on us.

1 hour ago, El Rojo said:

Yeah, that gets forgotten a bit. He overachieved with those two finals as we'd no right to be competing at that level with the players he had. Unsurprisingly, we lost to City and Sevilla did a number on us.

Yep - Klopp did achieve immediately. Did he win the league immediately? Well no, he took over a side in 10th that had the air knocked out of them the year before. But 2 quick finals out of nothing (never forget how ruinous Rodgers was in Europe with practically the same squad), then Kiev, then Madrid .. and the rest is history