Quantcast
Neco Williams - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Neco Williams

People were rattling on about Lewis and I said Williams was the better player quite a while back.

A few of us said it on the Youth thread, he has improved so much and can be a star for us. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Put it this way, we're we'll set at right back!

Already better than Wank Bissaka.

To be fair. A decent manager would teach Wank Bissaka to play centerhalf.  He's got all the attributes for it.

Back on track Neco will be boss.

He certainly has great potential and looks like he can handle the physical side of the game. Whether he'll be happy to sit behind Trent when he gets a few years older remains to be seen. But what a great player to have in your squad.

Great talent. He needs to be in our regular squad for each game now. Gomez never does well at right-back and Williams is more naturally suited to that position. Excellent cover for TAA.

10 minutes ago, paddyberger said:

Really impressed with him, going forward and defence. I’d have no issue seeing him in for the odd game to give Trent a blow.

Looks a real talent. 

PalatableRepentantAnole-max-1mb.gif

• Upvote 4

Amazing what Klopp has done since coming in.

It's blatantly an intensity thing in training.  We don't train like normal teams, we train like lunatics, and you see these young lads just fizzing around the pitch, doing the basics but doing them at speed.  

We're here talking about our right back being the best right back in the world.  A youth player who was a midfielder until 2 years ago.  And who replaces him?  We're talking about another youth product showing the same attributes.

Other clubs can bang on about money and luck all they like, but they need to get themselves down to Melwood and have a look at the 99% of work in the background that goes into the 1% they see of us on the pitch. 

We're so German. 

Auf Wiedersehen Pep.

• Upvote 4

He's brilliant. He was always one of my favourites in the Academy but I thought the thing that might hold him back is he's more of a natural full back, when to play in our first team you need to be just as good going forward as you are in defence. I didn't think he had enough in his locker going forward to push for a long term spot here, but he's been way better than I thought and I have no worried about him at all now. He'll make it. So will Jones, and so will Elliott.

The way Neco's going, he's gonna be so good that him and Trent can split time and that way we don't need to worry about Trent burning himself out. Trent has played a lot of games these last few years, so being able to have him play once a week instead of twice a week will help him in the long term, and will also give Neco the playing time he'll need to keep him happy.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Is Neco his actual birth name?

Was talking to his former teacher he's from virtually the same village as me and she told me that she remembered him being born .

His Mum and Dad didn't name him for about a month then they called him Neco 

1 minute ago, Tj hooker said:

Was talking to his former teacher he's from virtually the same village as me and she told me that she remembered him being born .

His Mum and Dad didn't name him for about a month then they called him Neco 

Hahaha did you ask why? 

19 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Hahaha did you ask why? 

Hahaha no I was food shopping she was behind me at the till  we got talking as it was nearly half 12 and the footy was about to start 

• Upvote 1