You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Neco Williams

Bjornebye

1 hour ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Put it this way, we're we'll set at right back!

Already better than Wank Bissaka.

To be fair. A decent manager would teach Wank Bissaka to play centerhalf.  He's got all the attributes for it.

Back on track Neco will be boss.

Amazing what Klopp has done since coming in.

It's blatantly an intensity thing in training.  We don't train like normal teams, we train like lunatics, and you see these young lads just fizzing around the pitch, doing the basics but doing them at speed.  

We're here talking about our right back being the best right back in the world.  A youth player who was a midfielder until 2 years ago.  And who replaces him?  We're talking about another youth product showing the same attributes.

Other clubs can bang on about money and luck all they like, but they need to get themselves down to Melwood and have a look at the 99% of work in the background that goes into the 1% they see of us on the pitch. 

We're so German. 

Auf Wiedersehen Pep.

• Upvote 4

He's brilliant. He was always one of my favourites in the Academy but I thought the thing that might hold him back is he's more of a natural full back, when to play in our first team you need to be just as good going forward as you are in defence. I didn't think he had enough in his locker going forward to push for a long term spot here, but he's been way better than I thought and I have no worried about him at all now. He'll make it. So will Jones, and so will Elliott.

The way Neco's going, he's gonna be so good that him and Trent can split time and that way we don't need to worry about Trent burning himself out. Trent has played a lot of games these last few years, so being able to have him play once a week instead of twice a week will help him in the long term, and will also give Neco the playing time he'll need to keep him happy.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Is Neco his actual birth name?

Was talking to his former teacher he's from virtually the same village as me and she told me that she remembered him being born .

His Mum and Dad didn't name him for about a month then they called him Neco 

1 minute ago, Tj hooker said:

Was talking to his former teacher he's from virtually the same village as me and she told me that she remembered him being born .

His Mum and Dad didn't name him for about a month then they called him Neco 

Hahaha did you ask why?