Quantcast
What Do We Do Now? - Page 2 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
AngryofTuebrook

What Do We Do Now?

41 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

My mate Kristian's getting the old hosepipe and telly camera rammed up his backside tomorrow.

Bit drastic.

Well it is Thursday.

I admire the way that Joe Fagan used to spend his downtime:

Jurgen seems to be frequently losing his rag and yelling at the Main Stand. Did you ever get wound up by anything the crowd would say to you or the team? 

Roy Evans: There was one reserve game where this one fella kept heckling me and giving me stick. Shouting stuff like “you’re bloody clueless Evans”. It was relentless, it went on all game. In the end I was really starting to lose my rag and at the end of the game I turned around and was just about to give him what for, and then I saw it was Joe Fagan. He was laughing his head off!  

• Upvote 8

6 hours ago, Kevin D said:

I admire the way that Joe Fagan used to spend his downtime:

Jurgen seems to be frequently losing his rag and yelling at the Main Stand. Did you ever get wound up by anything the crowd would say to you or the team? 

Roy Evans: There was one reserve game where this one fella kept heckling me and giving me stick. Shouting stuff like “you’re bloody clueless Evans”. It was relentless, it went on all game. In the end I was really starting to lose my rag and at the end of the game I turned around and was just about to give him what for, and then I saw it was Joe Fagan. He was laughing his head off!  

That's brilliant. 

On 04/02/2020 at 23:16, Dynamite said:

Under 23s play Sunderland in the Premier League Cup on Sunday afternoon. Kick off at 13:00 - Live on the offal.

Sensibly knocked on the head in the circumstances.

7 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

That's brilliant. 

When Dave Usher isn't using our member money to fund his extravagant lifestyle on his multiple yachts, he occasionally conducts interviews with Liverpool legends:

20 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

That's brilliant. 

I love this one, too:

Souness: "Me as a 30 year old, having won European cups, Captain of Liverpool, Captain of Scotland, played in 3 world cups.

I could not offer an opinion as a 30 year old.

Ronnie Moran would have stood over me and would be threatening to chin me, saying to me 'you know nothing about football, what entitles you to have an opinion about football'."

• Upvote 1

One of my favourite Ronnie Moran stories woas when after we won the league he used to come into the changing room with the box of medals and used to say

"If you think you deserve one take one out the box"

There was no ceremony no self gratification with him.

• Upvote 1

There's a really good chance our two anecdotes are related.

Ronnie daring anyone to reach, Souness going for one and listing his credentials, and then Ronnie seeing his arse -  saying fuck you, 78, 81, 84, my arse.

On 04/02/2020 at 23:08, AngryofTuebrook said:

11 days until football.

How is anyone supposed to survive that?

Three fucking weeks - probably longer.

"I'm going mad, Ted.:

19 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Three fucking weeks - probably longer.

"I'm going mad, Ted.:

Who the fuck are you to call into question the Fagan principle?

Go to any football match you can find and badger the manager relentlessly. That's what I'll be doing with my day, certainly. There will be a thread, as well. It's what Joe would have wanted.

• Upvote 1

I have an idea. The sky sports channels should live stream Fifa games between selected players from the teams on the fixture list. So the derby would go ahead with players using consoles online and televise that with the sound. Commentary could be provided by selected team mates. 

• Upvote 1

You’ll be able to figure out what peole will be doing in 9 months time when there’s a baby boom!

At least the Everton wives should be safe for a while, every cloud eh?

1 hour ago, Philtrum said:

I have an idea. The sky sports channels should live stream Fifa games between selected players from the teams on the fixture list. So the derby would go ahead with players using consoles online and televise that with the sound. Commentary could be provided by selected team mates. 

If I were a marketing bod at Sky, I'd be suggesting free trial periods on their movie channels right now.

5 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

If I were a marketing bod at Sky, I'd be suggesting free trial periods on their movie channels right now.

Making a lot of their channels free to air would be a great thing to do. Buy them a lot of goodwill when this eventually blows over. Plus it's a decent thing to do, so sky won't.