You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Norwich (A) Premier League 15-2-2020 - 17:30

Bjornebye

1 hour ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

I like Daniel Farke, seems like a decent chap. When he spoke it freaked me out though as looking at him I expected that he’d sound like Bluto but he speaks like Olive Oil.

Loved it when he said ‘well we were up against the best team in the world’...Never fails to get me giddy does that

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Yep. 

I quite like them as a team. And their manager seems like a decent bloke. 

But, their fans seem another bunch of Tory meffs, giving it all the usual stuff about unemployment and poverty. 

They can't fuck off back to the Championship quick enough, for me. 

Norwich is a solid Labour city, has been for decades. Not just Tory voters who go in for cheap shots about scousers I’m afraid.

Well in.

Not the best of performances following the winter break (we are always a bit sluggish following international breaks too), and the weather conditions were also a factor. No matter. We did what we had to do and claimed all 3 points.

After only 26 games, we've reached what I consider to be the minimum points total for a team that is serious about a Champions League spot and some sort of title challenge. Two points per game over a 38-game season. City have upped the bar over the past couple of seasons but we went toe to toe with them last year and have left them for dust this year.

We now have an unbelievable 25 point lead. That is NINE games that City need us to drop points from just to catch up, and they only have 13 games in which to do it. City are fully capable of putting together a 13-game winning run, but they haven't had an extended winning sequence all season, and they haven't been this far behind either.

These players just need to keep doing what they've done in the league all season, and only focus on the next 3 points. Records will tumble off of that. There's an adage which says that perfection is lots of little things done well, and I think it's perfectly apt for us.

• Upvote 1

Fucking hell, this is getting ridiculous. I thought football was a contact sport but apparently Im wrong. You cannot have any contact now or at least you cannot if you're a Liverpool attacker. But it's perfectly ok for not one but two Norwich players to be pushing van Dijk in the Norwich box and no VAR intervention. Even Pukki was holding onto Hendo in the same incident!

Ive read a couple of match reports in the national media and they all go on about Liverpool's 'long balls.' If I thought they were talking about the size of our players testicles, Id be ok with that but they're not. They're even going on about Henderson's 'long ball' to Sadio for his goal. Im only surprised they didnt include 'Hoooof!' in their match reports as well. Of course, Norwich never played 1 long ball all game either that or the hacks failed to both see and mention them.

As for that fancy dan fall over cantwell, just fuck off. if Mo, Bobby or Sadio had gone down in a similar manner as this cunt did all game, well, we all know what the commentary would have been, dont we?

3 minutes ago, Stickman said:

If we are challenging for the title again next season how the fuck will we cope if at this time of the season there is only a point or two between us and our nearest challengers .? 

For me personally if we have won it this year then i'll be pretty relaxed....it is getting this monkey off our back that has made it so fucking nerve shredding and gutting down the years when we have challenged.

No team can win it every year and though you always want to win it, it won't for me anyway be as stomach churningly, unbearably edgy, knowing we have got that monkey off our back.

Hopefully of course more will follow, but it is this weight we have all carried for 30 years that has made it how it has been.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Fucking hell, this is getting ridiculous. I thought football was a contact sport but apparently Im wrong. You cannot have any contact now or at least you cannot if you're a Liverpool attacker. But it's perfectly ok for not one but two Norwich players to be pushing van Dijk in the Norwich box and no VAR intervention. Even Pukki was holding onto Hendo in the same incident!

Ive read a couple of match reports in the national media and they all go on about Liverpool's 'long balls.' If I thought they were talking about the size of our players testicles, Id be ok with that but they're not. They're even going on about Henderson's 'long ball' to Sadio for his goal. Im only surprised they didnt include 'Hoooof!' in their match reports as well. Of course, Norwich never played 1 long ball all game either that or the hacks failed to both see and mention them.

As for that fancy dan fall over cantwell, just fuck off. if Mo, Bobby or Sadio had gone down in a similar manner as this cunt did all game, well, we all know what the commentary would have been, dont we?

Aye - Cantwell is English - different treatment in media.

45 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

It's going to go down as the greatest Liveprool team of all time.

Certainly a fair shout as the strongest squad. Whatever needs to happen in the game - when (to quote Bucks Fizz) "you gotta speed it up and then you gotta slow it down" - we have players on the bench who can be trusted to do what's needed. Our reserve keeper is better than most of our first-choice keepers of the last 25 years. Our options in midfield are outrageous.  Our fourth-choice centre-back is a World Cup finalist. Our kids can beat an almost full-strength Everton. 

Basically, we're very good.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Chocoholic said:

HAHAHA! Pearce commentating on MotD "Cantwell stays on his feet... typical of the lad"

Get to fuck!

Just seen that. There was nothing remotely resembling a foul.

So, it's "typical of the lad" to stay on his feet when he's not fouled. Good for him!