You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Did Trent mean that pass to Firmino?

JohnnyH

Did Trent meant the pass?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Did Trent meant that pass to Bobby?

• Yes
    • No

I've been talking with some losers on twitter, and they have gone down the blind fan attitude of believing everything your players do is brilliant and no way could it just have been lucky.

Well with that amazing ball to Firmino for Hendersons goal, I believe Trent got lucky.  I believe he was just trying to get to the ball before the Southampton attacker and either belt it off him, or just welly it clear, and he got lucky.  Now it's important to say that I think Trents passing is THAT good that he could do that pass if he wanted.  But not this time.  This was just a welly that got lucky.

What say you TLW?

• Like 1

I was thinking the same thing, watching it Live and on replay and again the highlights later.

It's a clearance not a cross.

When things go your way,  take advantage.

And did we ever. 

With Ings' penalty denial and Trent's clearance. 

About time the luck fell our way. 

He clearly meant it - he is literally looking towards Firmino at the point he goes to& makes contact with the ball. The team will be running drills as to what runs to make & spaces to occupy in periods like that.