You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Shrewsbury (H) FA Cup - 4/2/2020 - 19:45

Bjornebye

7 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

It would appear Shrewsbury manager is now mouthing off that Jurgen's 'cost' his club 500 grand from tonight's replay. Im guessing this is because of the cheap admission prices which his club also agreed to. No doubt the line will now be they were forced into agreeing or had no choice.

But the fact of the matter is, Shrewsbury are getting a replay and cash they didnt expect. Im pretty sure when they made it 2-2, their players were trying to win so wouldnt have got any money from a non happening replay.

Pretty poor by their boss this. We could have said 30 quid admission then, no doubt they'd have claimed their fans were being ripped off seeing as it was then apparent our U23 side would be playing.

Total gate money tonight will be over 600 grand of which Shrewsbury should be in line for around 250 grand. Nice that the FA stopped them getting probably another 500 grand if the game had been live on BT.

Moaning cunts. 

If they win then they get to play Chelsea and get a payday out of that. 

9 hours ago, Aventus said:

Yeah I'm expecting Anfield to make a difference, our kids have beat arsenal and Everton in the cups at Anfield. 

Probably going to be a better side than the villa one, because we took a few of the better kids with us to Qatar so I imagine they'll be involved this time. 

Harvey Elliot hatrick. 

Surely Lovren, Matip,Naby, Milner ?? should be in the team . If there wasn't a break we would be trying to get mins into their legs anyway. Ok we would be treating the FA cup like a reserves match but then again it Shrewsbury. Took Fab at least 180 mins before he looked anything like what he was prior to his injury.  Adrian deserves to play also as he has been a brilliant pro this season only sidelined because of the brilliance of Allison. 

Just read all senior players out fair enough if I was one of recuperating players I would be asking to play .

If they had played a replay against Arsenal the ground would have been half empty. Their fans don't even bother turning up for Europa league games. Man Utd fans wouldn't bother and OT would get about 45K

Whenever you see Premier league teams play lower league half the stands are empty so how much money would Shrewsbury make from a situation like that?. 

When Watford played Tranmere Watford reduced the tickets to 15 quid for adults but no fucker turned up. Tranmere are skint and didnt moan. Shrewsbury are better off financially than Tranmere even before the draw against us. 

After the replay their manager was sitting in the TV studio saying how much money they were going to make and how they would improve the facilities of the club. 

Don't think he's moaning as such, just saying that they will get less cash than they would had the first team been playing. He's probably right, but who cares. We don't exist to fund other clubs. They will be getting their biggest payday of the season tonight and they have the incentive of another huge payday if they beat us and play Chelsea. So it's a win-win situation for Shrewsbury.

Don't quite get the bile being spouted about Shrewsbury. So they have had a bit of whinge about revenue big deal.

Lower league clubs live hand to mouth whilst we debate paying 10 of millions to sign a player. All they have done is have the temerity to take the tie to a replay. Hope they get beat mind. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

A lot of them hate us for tonight. Their average attendance is just over 6k, the ground holds just under 10k. A lot of those fans filling out their section may like to start filling their own ground weekly if money is what they’re worried about.

When does it ever work like that for lower league clubs unless they a have a big cup game or are challenging for promotion. It's the reason they will never be big clubs.

1 minute ago, magicrat said:

When does it ever work like that for lower league clubs unless they a have a big cup game or are challenging for promotion. It's the reason they will never be big clubs.

I know, my point being a lot of the fans slagging us will never put money into their club. Happens everywhere.

47 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Don't quite get the bile being spouted about Shrewsbury. So they have had a bit of whinge about revenue big deal.

Lower league clubs live hand to mouth whilst we debate paying 10 of millions to sign a player. All they have done is have the temerity to take the tie to a replay. Hope they get beat mind. 

Well, their manager stoking this up just before the game certainly doesnt endear him.

Ive stated for sometime I hoped Liverpool would let any lower league opponents we draw away in the cup keep our share of gate receipts. I dont know if we have but Im disappointed we dont appear to have done this with Shrewsbury.

But that said, whinging on about losing 500k when you then claim to be a self sustaining club is a bit contradictory to me. Did Shrewsbury set out for a replay before the first game? Of course not so the idea they are missing out on 500k when they're actually getting around a 250k windfall of unbudgeted money is just yet more faux outrage to direct at Liverpool.

We're in a no win situation here: Because we're charging 15 quid, shrewsbury are 'missing out.' If we charge full PL price with a team not much different from the first game, we're ripping Shrewsbury off even though they end up with a lot more money.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Well, their manager stoking this up just before the game certainly doesnt endear him.

Ive stated for sometime I hoped Liverpool would let any lower league opponents we draw away in the cup keep our share of gate receipts. I dont know if we have but Im disappointed we dont appear to have done this with Shrewsbury.

But that said, whinging on about losing 500k when you then claim to be a self sustaining club is a bit contradictory to me. Did Shrewsbury set out for a replay before the first game? Of course not so the idea they are missing out on 500k when they're actually getting around a 250k windfall of unbudgeted money is just yet more faux outrage to direct at Liverpool.

We're in a no win situation here: Because we're charging 15 quid, shrewsbury are 'missing out.' If we charge full PL price with a team not much different from the first game, we're ripping Shrewsbury off even though they end up with a lot more money.

This. 100%. 

Hope we twat them into next week mind. 

2 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

They want their cake and to eat it too . Yeh I get it mate but it's all such a fuss about nothing given what is on our agenda. 

2 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

A lot of them hate us for tonight. Their average attendance is just over 6k, the ground holds just under 10k. A lot of those fans filling out their section may like to start filling their own ground weekly if money is what they’re worried about.

Exactly. I remember when I lived in Cambridge in 2007 and I stopped at an M6 service station and the place was full of Shrewsbury fans. 

They were playing Bristol Rovers in the League 2 play off final at Wembley which had a crowd of over 60,000 and a record for a game at that lever (4th tier of English football)

Apparently they took 19,000 after selling out their allocation of tickets yet their average crowd was just over 4000. Yet fans of Premier league teams are called gloryhunters. Where were this 19,000 all season to stop them being skint?. The population of Shrewsbury is only about 70,000. 

Loads of gegs will rock up tonight after a day on the ale just to have a night out at Anfield and sing "wheres ya famous atmosphere?".

Got nothing against the club in general but this myth that all lower league fans are salt of the earth proper footy fans is peddled by them when they have as many gegs as big clubs. If they are all moaning about losing out on money they should look at themselves first. 

When we played Plymouth a couple of years ago one of their fans I worked with hadn't been for 3 years yet miraculously got a ticket for the game at Anfield. He said the atmosphere was shite yet they just sung the same 2 or 3 shit songs after being pissed on the coach all morning. Most of our fans who went were families or people who can never get a ticket as these had gone on general sale. 

He then said the replay was important for them to redevelop the Mayflower stand at Home Park. I dont think he's been since that game at Anfield.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Exactly. I remember when I lived in Cambridge in 2007 and I stopped at an M6 service station and the place was full of Shrewsbury fans. 

They were playing Bristol Rovers in the League 2 play off final at Wembley which had a crowd of over 60,000 and a record for a game at that lever (4th tier of English football)

Apparently they took 19,000 after selling out their allocation of tickets yet their average crowd was just over 4000. Yet fans of Premier league teams are called gloryhunters. Where were this 19,000 all season to stop them being skint?. The population of Shrewsbury is only about 70,000. 

Loads of gegs will rock up tonight after a day on the ale just to have a night out at Anfield and sing "wheres ya famous atmosphere?".

Got nothing against the club in general but this myth that all lower league fans are salt of the earth proper footy fans is peddled by them when they have as many gegs as big clubs. If they are all moaning about losing out on money they should look at themselves first. 

When we played Plymouth a couple of years ago one of their fans I worked with hadn't been for 3 years yet miraculously got a ticket for the game at Anfield. He said the atmosphere was shite yet they just sung the same 2 or 3 shit songs after being pissed on the coach all morning. Most of our fans who went were families or people who can never get a ticket as these had gone on general sale. 

He then said the replay was important for them to redevelop the Mayflower stand at Home Park. I dont think he's been since that game at Anfield.

Expect the usual songs etc etc. Fuck them, fuck them right in the Salops.