You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Shrewsbury (H) FA Cup - 4/2/2020 - 19:45

Bjornebye

At a glance, it looks a bit like the Mount one at Chelsea- offside technically speaking, but not exactly gaining an advantage either. 

Then again, a glance is all I've got because I couldn't watch the fucking thing!! Thanks FA Cunts. 

11 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

That's the first time I've seen Sepp van der Berg play.  From comments I've read on here, I was expecting him to look like a guest from the Make A Wish Foundation.

He did not.

He looked like a footballer.

Comfortably his best performance in a Liverpool shirt that I've seen.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, A_S said:

At a glance, it looks a bit like the Mount one at Chelsea- offside technically speaking, but not exactly gaining an advantage either. 

Then again, a glance is all I've got because I couldn't watch the fucking thing!! Thanks FA Cunts. 

Of course he gains advantage they scored from it.

1 minute ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Made up with the lads VDB was good too so apologies from me. Men against boys my arse. That blond cunt looked shit scared when he came on.

To be honest, if I hadn’t watched the substitution I wouldn’t have known he was on the pitch.

Just now, skaro said:

If that's the case, they could have ruled out Henderson's goal against Soton, no?

The ball went to Mo, Hendo didn’t touch it till he was active again so couldn’t be offside.

if you’re confused read the rules but looking at both incidents it’s pretty fucking obvious to be fair.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, J-V said:

The ball went to Mo, Hendo didn’t touch it till he was active again so couldn’t be offside.

if you’re confused read the rules but looking at both incidents it’s pretty fucking obvious to be fair.

6 minutes ago, skaro said:

If that's the case, they could have ruled out Henderson's goal against Soton, no?

The fella was offside in the build up when he received the ball as per Oscar's post above.  I did think it was a fair long time before the goal though so pretty much must have been borderline whether VAR even checked that far back.

I'd have been pretty peeved had we had a goal disallowed for that, put it that way.  

5 minutes ago, J-V said:

Thanks for fucking clearing it up then.

• Upvote 3

Fantastic effort from the lads, done the club proud. Love how confident on the ball they were, much like the Villa game they really took the game to the opposition, showing no respect for the senior players they were up against. This time they got the result that their play deserved too.

Think I've said this before, but can't understand why no-ones snapped up Chirivella yet, he's a proper midfield maestro, would be perfect for any top division club looking for someone to orchestrate play from the centre of the park. Might not be good enough for a top 4 club, but most others looking to play football from the back could surely make use of his talents.

Agree with the shouts for Curtis Jones too, he's actually been even more impressive on the other occasions I've watched him, but he's got the confidence and ability to make it at senior level, and influences every game he plays.

8 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

The fella was offside in the build up when he received the ball as per Oscar's post above.  I did think it was a fair long time before the goal though so pretty much must have been borderline whether VAR even checked that far back.

I'd have been pretty peeved had we had a goal disallowed for that, put it that way.  

Me too.

Personally, I think it falls into the category of "interpretation" of phases, rather than cut and dried.

But what would I know.