You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kloppo’s Best Signing

Vincent Vega

Kloppo’s Best Signing  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Kloppo’s Best Signing?

• Sadio at £25m
    • Matip on a Bosman
    • Gini at £25m
    • Mo at £37m
    • Robbo at £8m
    • Virgil at £75m
    • Fabinho at £40m
    • Alisson at £60m

We’ve signed 23 players since Klopp arrived, and his transfer business has been as close to perfection as it’s possible to get. I’ve picked out the eight I’d suggest have been the biggest successes and wonder who everyone thinks has been the very best, taking into account their fee and the effect they’ve had on the team. Every one of these lads would fetch mega bucks if we sold them.

• Upvote 1

depends on how you judge his best signing.

Is it value for money, or what they've added to the team.

In my opinion Alisson. Mainly because even with Mane, Salah and Van Dijk in the team, we where still beatable, we where still shipping goals.

But once the Alisson came in, and Klopp admitted his mistake with Karius then we've lookednearly unbeatable. 

I’ve gone for Mo. For the money paid he’s been outrageously good for us. I know he can be a bit greedy at times and he occasionally frustrates me, but his performances since he joined us have been mostly incredible, and teams have had to change the way they play against us such is his threat.

Van Dijk. We arguably have better individual players, but he has inarguably had the most transformative effect. Our defence was absolutely ruinous for nigh on a decade (and that included early-Klopp era); within literally weeks of his arrival it became steady & now its arguably the best defence in Premier League history (05 Chelsea & 08/09 United being the contenders).

25 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

depends on how you judge his best signing.

Is it value for money, or what they've added to the team.

Yep.

For me

Van Dijk as he changed the whole demeanor of the side, gave us the swagger.

Robbo - ridiculous that a 6m fella from a relegated side could become the best LB in the league in just a couple years,

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

You have to forgive Stig -- used line up his sides in the drafts with the Goalkeeper playing upfront

I've won more drafts than you..... But yeah I like to shake things up a bit. I once made your mum shower before I made her do the dishes. 

• Upvote 1

I find it almost impossible to split Salah, Van Dijk and Alisson, but I’m going for the one who got here first. I think it’s fair to say that Salah’s arrival was met with cautious optimism rather than the expectation that he would become one of the greatest forwards in Liverpool’s history, so the speed with which he transformed our attack was, for me, the first sign that some extraordinary was brewing under Klopp’s management.

I had a feeling that Virgil would win this, but his fee was eye watering at the time and I’ll admit I thought “what the fuck” when I realised we were willing to pay it. Worth every single penny of it though, he’s just imperious.

Incidentally the poll should have said “Sadio at £35m” but even at that price he was a bargain.

That was a much harder decision than I thought it wild be from that list. 

Virtually all, with the exception of Matip for me, deserve their own recognition for what they have contributed to the team, but Alisson just edges VVD for me. Virgil is the best defender we've had in years and is he wins a couple of league titles, will be the greatest we've had, but if they manage to get part Virgil they then have to beat the best goalkeeper in the world. 

Without him today we would've been a couple down at half time. Who knows if we would've gone on to win the game but thankfully that didn't happen and the rest of the team stepped up their hands and finished them off. 

He learnt very quickly that he won't get much time on the ball after the Icheanacho goal and he creates so many goal scoring opportunities from his quick distributing and accurate passing 

Plus he has an amazing beard!