Quantcast
Summer 2020 Transfer Thread - Page 97 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Captain Turdseye

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

2 hours ago, Alex_K said:

Gomez has had a few iffy games at centre back since coming back .. but those are the first iffy games I can really remember him having in the position ever. Right back, yes, but at centre back he’s generally been a rock and our best results have been with him there. I’d be amazed to be honest if there’s another centre back out there available at a reasonable price who is as good as him (esp given age)

He is boss and he will only improve.

But we need better back up than Lovren and more reliable back up than Matip.

I think the club reckon by extending the contract they will get more money. More likely we will just be stuck with him, like Origi when he signed a new contract.

30 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

Slater still looking great, there, at what, 50? Genetics, eh, they really are a motherfucking lottery aren't they?

That is not the point, I was trying to convey disappointment at the likely occurrence that City and Chelsea will be scrapping for the likes of Koulibaly and Havertz while we get to add a year to Lovrens deal.

Slater is looking decent though to be fair. Tres dapper

1 hour ago, cloggypop said:

I see Klopp has been tapping up Adebayo Akinfenwa. 

I'd like to have seen him come on against Atletico and give the fucking cheats something to cry about. 

55 minutes ago, Bad Red Bull said:

Thiago Alcantara is close to signing for Manchester United from Bayern Munich. [@SPORT]

This same media channel claimed last week he was close to joining us.

If that is true and does happen, every clubs scouting policy must be hijack whoever liverpool are deemed to want.

24 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

If that is true and does happen, every clubs scouting policy must be hijack whoever liverpool are deemed to want.

We should just go and scout a load of Hodgson era standard players so Chelsea and the Mancs buy them thinking they are getting one over on us.

8 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Why how many players has he got.

Fuck sake, I need to learn to read what Im writing before I post, the brain works faster than the fingers.

Ability, that’s it, ability.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, aRdja said:

He’d be an ideal player. Can comfortably fill in at LB, RB and CM. 

If he wants first team football then is he going to sign for us to "fill in" or is he good enough to be a regular starter? I don't think he is.

Lille's Victor Osimhen is close to joining Napoli for €70m. 

We were linked with him a few times. Lille seem to be really good at getting big money for their players.