Quantcast
Summer 2020 Transfer Thread - Page 86 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Captain Turdseye

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Recommended Posts

Would be ecstatic with the Thiago signing but will believe it when I see it. The player & the deal profile seem absolutely opposed to what we’d normally be after. Rummenigge directly name dropped us though which is very unusual so guess we will see. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thiago is a very good player but I can't see how he'd fit into the squad. A few weeks back, there was a lot of discussion about David Alaba. I'm not sure he is likely to or even wants to leave Bayern, but he is exactly the sort of player that could fit in. Klopp likes versatile players, and he is versatile enough that he would get a lot of games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alex_K said:

Would be ecstatic with the Thiago signing but will believe it when I see it. The player & the deal profile seem absolutely opposed to what we’d normally be after. Rummenigge directly name dropped us though which is very unusual so guess we will see. 

I think its a done deal mate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I think its a done deal mate. 

Hope so. The one type of player we're truly missing, and he's probably as good as anyone in the world in that position. Fabregas-to-Chelsea in 2014 vibes; the quality of player who'd come in and just swan over the league even if he isnt available week-on-week

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

Hope so. The one type of player we're truly missing, and he's probably as good as anyone in the world in that position. Fabregas-to-Chelsea in 2014 vibes; the quality of player who'd come in and just swan over the league even if he isnt available week-on-week

It would be a real balls on the table move. More risk than we usually take on, but equally, a move that would indicate how serious we are of keeping our current place at the top. One of the few players who is an actual upgrade to our starting 11. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

Hope so. The one type of player we're truly missing, and he's probably as good as anyone in the world in that position. Fabregas-to-Chelsea in 2014 vibes; the quality of player who'd come in and just swan over the league even if he isnt available week-on-week

 

Fabregas had grown up in the Premier League and was well used to the physicality. Thiago can't even stay fit playing in the Bundesliga. His first game with Martin Atkinson reffing would probably finish him for the season.

 

He would be comfortably our best centre mid when fit, not even close. But if he's only available as often as Sturridge was, what's the point?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Liverpool and Chelsea top the list of clubs keen on signing exciting Hoffenheim winger Nick Breitenbucher, according to a report.

 

Is zere anybody who speken ze old German? Poison Dwarf? 

 

https://m.spox.com/de/sport/fussball/bundesliga/2007/Artikel/hoffenheims-nick-breitenbuecher-im-fokus-des-fc-schalke-04-giftzwergiger-arjen-robben-ftr.html?utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.teamtalk.com%2Fnews%2Fliverpool-chelsea-nick-breitenbucher-transfer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Pearce saying the deal can't be dismissed. Welcome to Liverpool Thiago lad!

 

I see the eternal derby between Brendan and the Owl is on today.

Meaning, he has no pull since deserting the echo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thiago and Wijnaldum are very different players.   Not mutually exclusive. If we can shift Shaqiri, Lallana and maybe Wilson to more or less cover the salary and some of the fee for Thiago then what’s not to love 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would be very surprised to see Gini sold.

Klopp has alot of love for him and unless he has asked to leave this season (highly doubtful) he would be way better off leaving - if that is what he wants to do - next season as he will earn a shedload more cash as a free.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

Thiago and Wijnaldum are very different players.   Not mutually exclusive. If we can shift Shaqiri, Lallana and maybe Wilson to more or less cover the salary and some of the fee for Thiago then what’s not to love 

Grujic could go too. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Alex_K said:

Would be ecstatic with the Thiago signing but will believe it when I see it. The player & the deal profile seem absolutely opposed to what we’d normally be after. Rummenigge directly name dropped us though which is very unusual so guess we will see. 

Yeah, but he also said we'd not contacted them over it so he could just be creating a market. 

47 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

Hope so. The one type of player we're truly missing, and he's probably as good as anyone in the world in that position. Fabregas-to-Chelsea in 2014 vibes; the quality of player who'd come in and just swan over the league even if he isnt available week-on-week

My mind must be playing tricks with me. I thought fabregas was bang average at Chelsea. 

 

Does anyone know who his agent is? With all the moment we spend on agents, I'm guessing we have some agents who are "ours" so to speak? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Gaul said:

Anyone know who his agent is? With all the moment we spend on agents, I'm guessing we have some agents who are "ours" so to speak? 

His father, Mazinho.

He split from Pere Gaurdiola about 3-4 yrs back.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

I'd rather get rid of Keita than Wijnaldum. I'm fed up of waiting for him to get some consistency. I know he's been unlucky with injuries but he's one of the most frustrating players who have ever played for us. 

I think that will be the case.  Gini will sign a new contract.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t think his injury record is quite as bad as being made out. He’s definitely had his problems but he’s hardly a Lallana or Sturridge. Last five seasons he’s played 42, 41, 32, 42 and 35 games. Not too bad. 
 

 

762CABAD-238C-4865-83BC-0E0A6B2D410F.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The Gaul said:

My mind must be playing tricks with me. I thought fabregas was bang average at Chelsea. 

Definitely playing tricks. First season he was imperious. By the end his legs had gone but he elevated them from also-rans to title winners in alongside Costa in 14/15.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

I don’t think his injury record is quite as bad as being made out. He’s definitely had his problems but he’s hardly a Lallana or Sturridge. Last five seasons he’s played 42, 41, 32, 42 and 35 games. Not too bad. 
 

 

762CABAD-238C-4865-83BC-0E0A6B2D410F.png

That reads like Redknapps England career  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

That reads like Redknapps England career  

A pubis bone contusion can happen to anyone, ask your mum. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bad Red Bull said:

I hope this doesn't mean Milner has told Klopp that he wants to finish his career with Leeds. Or we have run out of patience with Keita. 

Why? As much as I like Milner - Thiago is an upgrade on both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×