Quantcast
Summer 2020 Transfer Thread - Page 85 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Captain Turdseye

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

oh The Fummmmeeeeeeeeee

CHELSEA AND CITY WANT DIGNE

Chelsea and Manchester City are ready to battle for Everton left-back Lucas Digne, according to reports in the Mirror.

Both clubs are understood to be on the lookout for a new left-sided full back this summer.

They are so in thrall to City these days they’d probably gift wrap him and throw in some chocolates.

Tiago - £5m plus Karius. Get it done.

IMO there is zero chance we’ll sign Thiago. 

Even considering his age (29), substantial wages and fee, his injury record is incredibly suspect at best. 150 league games in 7 years would mean he’d only be available c.50% of the time.

7 hours ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

It's claimed this whole Thiago story has been leaked out of Bayern Munich and the source of the story is Bild. 

Rummenigge has said today Thiago is leaving and there is smoke around this. Besides the fact this is not usually the type of player we usually buy, I don't think this transfer is far-fetched. 

Messi - 33 - 1 year left on contract and reportedly unsettled (Guillem Balague).

If he leaves then it will most likely be for City, but if they are banned from the CL?

Then where?

Won't be PSG because of Neymar.

Won't be Juve because of Ronaldo (could be wrong there).

Bayern?

Chelsea maybe?

He'll ultimately see out his career at Barcelona, but it's interesting no?

6 minutes ago, M_B said:

Then where?

Won't be PSG because of Neymar.

Won't be Juve because of Ronaldo (could be wrong there).

Bayern?

Chelsea maybe?

He'll ultimately see out his career at Barcelona, but it's interesting no?

He's from Argentina so maybe a club in South America, although covid 19 may put any move like that to pasture. 

Just now, Fluter in Dakota said:

He's from Argentina so maybe a club in South America, although covid 19 may put any move like that to pasture. 

Yeah true. He could even go to the States or China on a mega wage. Hadn't considered that.

Messi won't leave Barca imo. It's just a contract dance at a time Barca are probably trying to drive down his wages. Nobody at barca is bigger than Messi, they won't be allowed to fuck up extending his contract. 

• Upvote 1

Messi should leave at this point. The level of influence he has is unhealthy. He should go to a club where he's part of a collective again instead of his situation at Barca where people walk on eggshells to please him all the time. 

4 hours ago, Thoth said:

oh The Fummmmeeeeeeeeee

CHELSEA AND CITY WANT DIGNE

Chelsea and Manchester City are ready to battle for Everton left-back Lucas Digne, according to reports in the Mirror.

Both clubs are understood to be on the lookout for a new left-sided full back this summer.

Only the best left back in the world lid, took himraroff Barca cos that's wot we do with the Moshman. Den we saw that redshite Robbo, nah Digne fuckin shite la

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

No.

Really? No interest in where one of the greatest footballers ever to have graced the game might end up next? Ok. There is certainly no shame in showing interest in that. Sucks to be you I guess.

1 hour ago, M_B said:

Really? No interest in where one of the greatest footballers ever to have graced the game might end up next? Ok. There is certainly no shame in showing interest in that. Sucks to be you I guess.

Yea mate, worrying about Messi is a recurring nightmare that I struggle with.

tenor.gif

Get the fuck outta here!!

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Messi should leave at this point. The level of influence he has is unhealthy. He should go to a club where he's part of a collective again instead of his situation at Barca where people walk on eggshells to please him all the time. 

I don't think Messi could go anywhere and just be part of the collective. He's become too big for that. 

7 minutes ago, Anubis said:

El Rojo getting outdone by some fly by night outfit called Varsky Sports. Shameful.

I really hope it doesn't work out this way, but I'm hearing murmurs that he will come in to replace Gini and/or Keita. 

Just now, Fluter in Dakota said:

I really hope it doesn't work out this way, but I'm hearing murmurs that he will come in to replace Gini and/or Keita. 

If he's an improvement on either or both, it has to be. This is how all great managers work to improve the team and keep the squad on it's toes.

15 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

I could see us replacing gini with him if we can't get him to sign a new contract. Similar age, although Gini isn't another permi-crock. If we're signing him, it's almost like we're trying to give the doctors and fitness team a challenge as lovren and lallana are on their way out. 

Not a good overall outlook on this, considering the age profile and his injury record. The age element is far less important if he's available all the time, but that's a big if. There's already immense frustration with Naby Keita's constant stuttering start-stop record since he joined, could we, or Klopp deal with another like him? 

If he signs, on let's say a 3 year deal, with presumably big wages, what prospect is there of him having any resale value at 32/33? Again, that all hinges on his injury record, but we wait and see.

£35m + anything up to £200k a week on wages for a player who's available about half the time, has never played in a league as tough as this one, would have zero resale value, and plays in a position where we are already well stocked.

Given what they've achieved, if Klopp, Edwards and the rest of them are definitely going for it, I'm going to trust them. But on the face if it, it looks like the exact sort of stupid deal we don't do. I've got to be honest, it looks like a total waste of money.

I'd rather get rid of Keita than Wijnaldum. I'm fed up of waiting for him to get some consistency. I know he's been unlucky with injuries but he's one of the most frustrating players who have ever played for us. 

• Upvote 1