Quantcast
Summer 2020 Transfer Thread - Page 84 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Captain Turdseye

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

1 minute ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Fed up with negativity from some. Certain people go absent for months and come back to moan when we win the fucking league. Enjoy it.

Well said. Im as disappointed as anyone we didnt agree the deal with Werner. But, the window hasnt opened yet and no one knows whether Jurgen saw that as one of his least important targets.

I want to see young lads brought into the squad, players like Williams, Jones, Elliot, Hoever and maybe even Wilson or Brewster if he makes a fist of it at Swansea. None of these lads will be seen if we just go out and buy all these back ups.

And the quality of these demanded back ups will differ. Some expect a Mo, Sadio or Allison quality back up. Good luck with that!

Just now, dockers_strike said:

Well said. Im as disappointed as anyone we didnt agree the deal with Werner. But, the window hasnt opened yet and no one knows whether Jurgen saw that as one of his least important targets.

I want to see young lads brought into the squad, players like Williams, Jones, Elliot, Hoever and maybe even Wilson or Brewster if he makes a fist of it at Swansea. None of these lads will be seen if we just go out and buy all these back ups.

And the quality of these demanded back ups will differ. Some expect a Mo, Sadio or Allison quality back up. Good luck with that!

We do need signings, we did last summer, that turned out well for us keeping the team hungry. This summer we need a couple of players, I think we will get them.

4 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Ill say it again. He is their employee. They are his boss. He gets paid by them. He's a professional.

If Klopp loves them great, doesn't mean I have to. If Klopp wants to work with one hand behind his back he's entitled to do so, but don't expect everyone else to accept it, not with the money that is flowing through the Club after a successful period and no spending.

We have a decent 13 players, beyond that kids, injury crocs and players he just doesn't fancy. Top four maximum next year if we keep the same squad (with possibly losing Lallana and Shaqiri)

I certainly don’t expect everyone to agree with Klopp, I just think he might know more than you so I side with the manager and not somebody who celebrates one of the greatest title wins in history with criticism and doomsaying. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Spot on.

Yea, we would all like same quality backup but you need cheating oil money to pay mega bucks to bench warmers. Let's see how that pans out for shitteh and FFP. 

It also deflates the young talent if there's no light at the end of the tunnel. 

3 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Fed up with negativity from some. Certain people go absent for months and come back to moan when we win the fucking league. Enjoy it.

Why is an opposing view always negative? If you can't handle opposing views, thats on you.

I am made up we are european champs and premier league winners, but thats done now, next season awaits.

Our next job is to stay where we are. Thats the next challenge. All i know is, the way we did that in the day was to keep the team on its toes, fresh and challenged by bringing in new blood.

And thats a perfectly fine opinion to have

6 minutes ago, Numero said:

I certainly don’t expect everyone to agree with Klopp, I just think he might know more than you so I side with the manager and not somebody who celebrates one of the greatest title wins in history with criticism and doomsaying. 

:D

• Downvote 4

I’d be happy if we brought in a back up keeper/backup left back and a forward to replace Origi. 

Outs 

Adrian (replaced by new gk)

lovren ( replaced by hoever)

Lallana (replaced by Curtis Jones)

Shaqiri (replaced by Elliot)

origi ( replaced by a new forward) 

Shame we never got Werner as he would have been an ideal replacement for Origi and we could have probably raised the 50m with the above sales.

Seems the sticking point was the 200k per week wages. 

32 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Why is an opposing view always negative? If you can't handle opposing views, thats on you.

I am made up we are european champs and premier league winners, but thats done now, next season awaits.

Our next job is to stay where we are. Thats the next challenge. All i know is, the way we did that in the day was to keep the team on its toes, fresh and challenged by bringing in new blood.

And thats a perfectly fine opinion to have

Your view is not far from mine we need players, it’s the repetition mate.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, devilsadvocate said:

I’d be happy if we brought in a back up keeper/backup left back and a forward to replace Origi. 

Outs 

Adrian (replaced by new gk)

lovren ( replaced by hoever)

Lallana (replaced by Curtis Jones)

Shaqiri (replaced by Elliot)

origi ( replaced by a new forward) 

Shame we never got Werner as he would have been an ideal replacement for Origi and we could have probably raised the 50m with the above sales.

Seems the sticking point was the 200k per week wages. 

This would give us a 23 man squad containing:

The 1st Eleven from last night 

bench of new Gk, new forward, Milner, Keita, ox, Matip, minamino 

youngsters looking to break through- Williams, new LB, hoever,, Jones , Elliot 

12 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

We need a reliable cb injury wise.

That's been the case for some time. VVD seems solid enough and gets very few injuries, the other 3 you expect to be missing and it's almost like our plan is to just have 1 from the 3 fit at any time. If VVD was out for any period, I think we'd have to replace him with fabiniho

1 hour ago, Numero said:

He did not just thank them, he said this. ‘The same goes for our owners and I cannot speak highly enough of them or what they have done. In modern football you have to have a vision, a strategy and an unshakeable commitment to the cause to stand any chance of being successful. On all three fronts, Fenway Sports Group have shown to me that they are leaders in the field. My appreciation for them is absolute’.

Sometimes you need to read between the lines.

• Upvote 5

52 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Your view is not far from mine we need players, it’s the repetition mate.

Im just bored pal really. And probably sick of the back slapping pro FSG articles coming out of the Echo and the Athletic about how wonderful our financial growth is..

52 minutes ago, The Gaul said:

Screenshot_20200703-124710.jpg

The Echo understands is the equivalent of Indykaila understands nowadays

2 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

We need a reliable cb injury wise.

They'll struggle to find too many centre backs more reliably injured than our present lot.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Thoth said:

The Echo understands is the equivalent of Indykaila understands nowadays

Not a hard job is it, you could Pearce every single player who ls linked to us, and you'd be right 999 times in 1,000.

1 hour ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Im just bored pal really. And probably sick of the back slapping pro FSG articles coming out of the Echo and the Athletic about how wonderful our financial growth is..

I understand mate.