Quantcast
Summer 2020 Transfer Thread - Page 82 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Captain Turdseye

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

53 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

Surprised Guardiola hasn't already gone back to Barca. They've had such an absolutely wretched run of managers .. thought they'd have given a King's ransom to get him there. Maybe that falls short of a Sheikh's ransom.

Because Messi holds far to much power. The squad is old, lazy anlld not in good shape. And with the wages and fees paid lately they don't have the money to let him spend 500ml replacing them. 

They've spent nearly 1 billion in the last 5 years and are around 880 million in debt

3 hours ago, The Gaul said:

And if he doesn't get it he'll pop off to Barca. 

Its the perfect setup/excuse after first saying he would stay even if they get a ban from Europe.

3 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Because Messi holds far to much power. The squad is old, lazy anlld not in good shape. And with the wages and fees paid lately they don't have the money to let him spend 500ml replacing them. 

They've spent nearly 1 billion in the last 5 years and are around 880 million in debt

More than 300m spent on Dembele, Griezmann and De Jong, and all three of them have been utter, utter shite.

2-2 against Atletico in their last game, four minutes of injury time to go, and the manager sticks 17 year old Fati on instead of Griezmann. 

The club is an absolute mess. 

Really sad to see.

200.gif

• Upvote 2

Twatter starting to get full of Thiago to Liverpool been nearly done. I really can't see it, his age wages and Bayern wanting 30ml. 

Surely someone has to be going out, or is this Klopp phasing out Milner or possible letting him go to Leeds even with the new deal. 

Thiago would be a perfect fit stylistically. His workrate and ability to win the ball back is immensely underrated, he fits a 4-3-3 really well and he'd give us something extra technically in midfield that we miss sometimes. Even with the injury issues and the age, if the price is reasonable, he's a no brainer.

• Upvote 1

It's more its strange in a summer with seemingly limited budget yet another CM is being looked at. 

Especially when you see Bobby looking dead on his feet. We need a back up for him

9 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

More than 300m spent on Dembele, Griezmann and De Jong, and all three of them have been utter, utter shite.

Not to forget the 140 million on Coutinho. I thought De Jong was doing good, mind you am just going by some of my barca supporting friends, I don't watch barca play.

1 hour ago, Bad Red Bull said:

Not to forget the 140 million on Coutinho. I thought De Jong was doing good, mind you am just going by some of my barca supporting friends, I don't watch barca play.

Don't know what Jair's talking about, De Jong has been excellent. I mean, he's not wrong about Barca being a complete mess, just about that bit.

I find the idea that we'd be after Thiago pretty fanciful. We're hesitating to give Gini, who is in great shape and hasn't had any serious injuries recently a new deal because he's 29. But we're supposed to be after another 29 year-old midfielder with recent history of injury? I can't see that happening, no matter what the press says. It smacks of an agent trying to drive up prices/interest from other parties, a la Nicolas Pepe last summer.

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

We need a threat through the middle. I love Bobby but when he's off form we suffer badly. 

I’m going to challenge that. He’s been largely off form this season and we’ve been okay.

I really don't watch enough European football these days and I'm too old for computer games. 

Is this thiago lad any use or a bit meh? 

I'll hop on the bandwagon and act like a crying fanny if we don't get him. But I need to know whether he's worth moaning about first :-) 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Don't know what Jair's talking about, De Jong has been excellent. I mean, he's not wrong about Barca being a complete mess, just about that bit.

He really, really hasn't.

Can't see us spending 30 million on a 29 year old benchwarmer who we could sign for free in January. If we're as short of funds as we claim, then those pennies are better spent elsewhere no?

It's like reverse phycology we all scanning looking for lb and stand in for front three and all we getting is rumours of a GK and a midfielder.

1 hour ago, chrisbonnie said:

I really don't watch enough European football these days and I'm too old for computer games. 

Is this thiago lad any use or a bit meh? 

I'll hop on the bandwagon and act like a crying fanny if we don't get him. But I need to know whether he's worth moaning about first :-) 

Bit like yourself think we will make do with our current midfielders and add Jones and Grujic and Keita to that rotational mix.

2 hours ago, aRdja said:

I’m going to challenge that. He’s been largely off form this season and we’ve been okay.

Okay we don't suffer badly that's a bit hyperbole but we lack the cutting edge our build up play and possession deserves at times. We're still shit  hot but we should be burying teams most of the time with the way we play. I don't want Bobby fucked off I want an alternative.

Hearing we’re after Terry Nutkins on a 13 year deal, as per a small pamphlet produced by the Old Monkland public library in Lanarkshire.

Can’t believe we’re selling Mo like this.

• Upvote 2

29 or not, Thiago is a bargain at 35 million. He would give our midfield a whole new dimension.