You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

6 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

If thats true we will look like right idiots.

Well we can't stop Mane and Salah going of course.....the way we cover them is of course something we can control. It will certainly be a massive test.

Klopp called it a 'catastrophe' didn't he....

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jan/17/jurgen-klopp-africa-cup-of-nations-move-january-catastrophe-liverpool-mane-salah-keita

Stop moaning, she's giving your arch enemy a hand shandy behind the bike shed, that's life. 

Minamino has had extra time to get used to our system now. For the want of a better word, he'll be like a new signing. 

I'm not worried, jurgen and Edwards will come up with something worthwhile I'm sure

13 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

Stop moaning, she's giving your arch enemy a hand shandy behind the bike shed, that's life. 

Minamino has had extra time to get used to our system now. For the want of a better word, he'll be like a new signing. 

I'm not worried, jurgen and Edwards will come up with something worthwhile I'm sure

Klopp will have to. I think Edwards will spend the summer selling fringe players. 

2 hours ago, chrisbonnie said:

Its not great when one man holds the Club together though is it?

We haven't got enough from the bench IMHO. We have a top 11-13 I reckon but beyond that the quality drop off is massive. Obviously I'm delighted we are Euro Champs and soon to be Premier Winners, but in each season we have made massive sacrifices in other competitions, reducing them to dead duck ties and i hate it.

We should be adding 1 or 2 players of decent quality per summer now, to keep ourselves on top of the perch. Thats the way we did it in the 70's and 80's, never resting on what we had, making the players earn their place.

If the internet existed in the 80s people would be arguing we don't need anyone up front because of Rush and Dalglish, but we still brought in Wark, Robinson and Walsh. And when Rushy left we didn't just bring in Aldridge, we brought in Barnes and Beardsley.

Thats how you stay competitive, and its something that never changes.

If you ask me FSG are probably holding out for no spend this summer and then will flog one of the front three next to fund the next round of big money signings. Either Salah or Mane abroad.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

We need a CB to replace Lovren as he should be gone hopefully and a back up to the front three at least. Klopp knows what we need, he will have been disappointed not getting Werner, there are good players out there, getting the right ones for the right price is obviously what the owners want. Doesn’t always work like that though, they have the current issues to contend with but we still should be strengthening.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

15 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Thats 24 months of matches though. That will fly

No, it’ll take 4 years / seasons. 

20/21

21/22

22/23

23/24.

We’re the fucking best in the world. Let’s worry about life after Klopp closer to the time and just enjoy the greatness we are witnessing. 

22 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Its not great when one man holds the Club together though is it?

We haven't got enough from the bench IMHO. We have a top 11-13 I reckon but beyond that the quality drop off is massive. Obviously I'm delighted we are Euro Champs and soon to be Premier Winners, but in each season we have made massive sacrifices in other competitions, reducing them to dead duck ties and i hate it.

We should be adding 1 or 2 players of decent quality per summer now, to keep ourselves on top of the perch. Thats the way we did it in the 70's and 80's, never resting on what we had, making the players earn their place.

If the internet existed in the 80s people would be arguing we don't need anyone up front because of Rush and Dalglish, but we still brought in Wark, Robinson and Walsh. And when Rushy left we didn't just bring in Aldridge, we brought in Barnes and Beardsley.

Thats how you stay competitive, and its something that never changes.

If you ask me FSG are probably holding out for no spend this summer and then will flog one of the front three next to fund the next round of big money signings. Either Salah or Mane abroad.

Or it’s an unprecedented economic situation and you’re an ignorant mewling quim.

Probably a bit of both to be fair. 

16 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Or it’s an unprecedented economic situation and you’re an ignorant mewling quim.

Probably a bit of both to be fair. 

To be fair Jose I think Beefy is a drama quim but he wasn’t too far off there in my opinion. Would we really have spent big though, we won’t now for obvious reasons.

Think there is a strong chance we will sell Mo/Sadio in the summer of 2021, but I think there is a good chance we could sign Sancho next summer. My gut feeling is that this could happen.

Hard to know what business we will do this summer. It would appear that we were trying to sign Werner but the club were low balling Leipzig. Once Chelsea charmed Werner with great wages and didn't lowball Leipzig, that meant it was never going to happen with us. Still the fact that we were very keen to sign him would indicate we were prepared to buy an attacker and we aren't necessarilly happy with just the front three as is. 

The club will try and offload some of our squad and they should get decent money for a number of them. That should leave a bit of a kitty which should allow at least one top player coming in.

I actually think a competent number 2 goalie would be a big signing for us. We would probably be still on for a treble if we had a decent goalie for the Chelsea/Athletico games. A Romero quality goalie would be great.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

20/21

21/22

22/23

23/24.

We’re the fucking best in the world. Let’s worry about life after Klopp closer to the time and just enjoy the greatness we are witnessing. 

I find myself able to multitask and both enjoy Klopp’s tenure and also criticise actions that I think undermine him and make his job so much more difficult. I shall continue to do so.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I find myself able to multitask and both enjoy Klopp’s tenure and also criticise actions that I think undermine him and make his job so much more difficult. I shall continue to do so.

Given how meticulous Klopp and Edwards have been so far, I fundamentally don’t believe there isn’t a plan.

3 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

I would be all over Rashica if Werner go down and the £13m clause is true. 
Would be a no brainier. Maybe Guerrero from Dortmund on a free too, having a good season, not the best defensively but plays all down the left.

I'd love Hakimi

Not going to happen 

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

20/21

21/22

22/23

23/24.

It is possible to enjoy the team we are while having one eye down the road. For me that is the very essence of sport. As soon as one win is over, you have to be on to your next one. 

1 hour ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

We need a CB to replace Lovren as he should be gone hopefully and a back up to the front three at least. Klopp knows what we need, he will have been disappointed not getting Werner, there are good players out there, getting the right ones for the right price is obviously what the owners want. Doesn’t always work like that though, they have the current issues to contend with but we still should be strengthening.

I think we'll promote hoever if lovren goes. 

23 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

I would be all over Rashica if Werner go down and the £13m clause is true. 
Would be a no brainier. Maybe Guerrero from Dortmund on a free too, having a good season, not the best defensively but plays all down the left.

Guerrero signed a new deal earlier in the season. Would have been a good target.  We have to find another option for left back.

• Upvote 1