Quantcast
Summer 2020 Transfer Thread - Page 54 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Captain Turdseye

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

37 minutes ago, Anubis said:

And yet in other reports were making VVD one of our highest paid players. 

Indeed, but that was the old "our new signings this summer are keeping hold of our current players" line. The article I saw suggested we were desperate to pin him and alisson to long term deals. This of course ignored they have 3 and 4 years left in their current deals. I seem to remember we used that story last year for VVD after signing nobody in the summer. 

Just now, Barry Wom said:

Indeed, but that was the old "our new signings this summer are keeping hold of our current players" line. The article I saw suggested we were desperate to pin him and alisson to long term deals. This of course ignored they gave 3 and 4 years left in their current deals. I seem to remember we used that story last year for VVD after signing nobody in the summer. 

In fact here we go from 8th September last year and nothing was ever signed.  

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/media-watch/363849-virgil-van-dijk-agrees-new-liverpool-contract

58 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

So it would appear we're asking our players to take deferred salary payments. The hundreds of millions profit the club has made, it's rather surprising. 

We need Woolster on this.

end of the day we will either be saying "wow i didn't see that signing coming " or we will be calling for FSG's head on a plate. Most ITK's know fuck all and are just getting abit of air time in these unprecedented times nobody has a clue whats going to happen other than those inside the club 

It's chaos theory to throw money around this summer. 

I fully back FSG in shutting-up shop for the year and bringing through the youngsters.

I don't see a compelling reason anywhere, from anyone, to make me think I'm wrong on this. 

• Upvote 1

All the local hacks are acting like forelock-tugging spin doctors for the club. It's the classic 'turn a negative into a positive' sleight of hand: take the plan to bring on youth AND buy top players, turn that into an either/or policy, and then say that instead of buying top players we'll be bringing on youth. The truth is we were always going to bring on Elliott and Jones etc. There's only a negative: we can't afford, as champions, to strengthen our team via the transfer market. Decent, honest, independent hacks would be noting that rather than spinning this as some 'refreshing' move to bring on young players. It's patronising crap.

2 hours ago, gkmacca said:

All the local hacks are acting like forelock-tugging spin doctors for the club. It's the classic 'turn a negative into a positive' sleight of hand: take the plan to bring on youth AND buy top players, turn that into an either/or policy, and then say that instead of buying top players we'll be bringing on youth. The truth is we were always going to bring on Elliott and Jones etc. There's only a negative: we can't afford, as champions, to strengthen our team via the transfer market. Decent, honest, independent hacks would be noting that rather than spinning this as some 'refreshing' move to bring on young players. It's patronising crap.

I think this is what pisses people off most. If they just kept shut or made one article about the clubs doesn't want to block the path of X this year so will be quiet window people would move on. 

Its the constant wankfestvof 'how clever we are', 'Didn't sign because X didn't show the commitment' etc

2 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Hoever will probably become the 4th choice centre back. Lovren earns about 100 grand a week.

Hope so. 3 Stacks and I were in an Internet rep fight to the death over that, and being proven right is worth far more to me than any silverware the club may potentially win.

3 hours ago, Captain Milk said:

Hope so. 3 Stacks and I were in an Internet rep fight to the death over that, and being proven right is worth far more to me than any silverware the club may potentially win.

Jokes on you, I agree with you now. Bet you don't know what to say. 

6 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Jokes on you, I agree with you now. Bet you don't know what to say. 

Everyone does eventually, Stacksy.

Its one of the many calculations my supercomputer is able to process ahead of time.

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

An on/off Adama Traore transfer saga has the potential to tear this forum apart in ways not witnessed in YEARS. 

No it doesn't, you cunt.

• Upvote 2

On 06/06/2020 at 13:48, Barry Wom said:

I can't be bothered with that. If you need Dave maddock's opinion to make you feel better, you're in trouble. 

You won’t listen to any opinion on the club that’s not negative, so I’m not shocked you can’t be bothered. 

Last summer when we didn’t sign anyone but a couple of kids, I remember people shouting:  ”We’ve just won the CL. Not using our position to strengthen our squad is madness. F*** off FSG!”

I guess all your nightmares came through; 29 games, 27-1-1 so far.

Is it really the end of the world, or the end of any logical ambition to go yet another summer without a big name signed? Or maybe we should just copy what they do a couple of miles east down M62: Angel di Maria, Alexis Sanchez, Bastian Schweinsteiger,  Radamel Facao, Sebastian Veron to name a few.

Relax fellas, we’ll do OK next season.  It’s been a long time since we’ve had youngster of the quality we now have knocking on the door. I look forward to see them force their way into the team. I anticipate a wet dream, not a nightmare.

• Upvote 1

On 07/06/2020 at 07:01, Barry Wom said:

So it would appear we're asking our players to take deferred salary payments. The hundreds of millions profit the club has made, it's rather surprising. 

On 07/06/2020 at 08:00, TheHowieLama said:

We need Woolster on this.

@The Woolster

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

@The Woolster

I dunno, from reading the article, my feeling was Klopp was talking about discussions that had taken place, which I think every club was doing, with regards to forfeiting money to go to the NHS, charity funds or non-playing staff, and discussions that were taking place with the PFA, so I don't assume it is something that has actually happened.

However, profits don't pay wages, cash does. I could well see us asking the players if they are ok with us to pay them quarterly rather than monthly, as that would be in line with when we get paid by the Premier League and Uefa, especially as we will be without the regular match day income.

On 04/06/2020 at 22:28, Bruce Spanner said:

Kind of, but then you factor in it’s not part of FFP costs and it’s a guaranteed income generator It just looks like caution first capitalism, which is anathema to what I thought capitalism was.

But hey-ho.

Hope you and yours are good?

Not bad thanks mate, bored of this lockdown shite, but - in grand scheme of things - that's fine.  Hope you're well.

edit: just found this unsubmitted... 

• Upvote 1

We'll see some of these kids over the next month or so and it'll be interesting to see if Williams, Elliot, Jones, Hoever, maybe even Larouci or Lewis get much of a chance and cope with the league. 

I think left-back is a must. Plus a forward if Origi moves on, which I think he well could.

It really is groundhog day.

Liverpool are considering a £6.6million bid to sign exciting Turkish duo Ravil Tagir and Burak Ince, according to a report.

The pair play for Turkish second-tier side Altinordu and have made a combined 46 appearances this season.

Tagir, a 17-year-old defender, has made the most progress to date, playing 26 of 28 league games this term.

What’s more, he is also working his way through Turkey’s youth ranks, currently playing at Under-17 level.

Attacking midfielder Ince, meanwhile, is at Under-16 level on the international stage and he has been involved in four goals in 19 appearances this campaign.

According to Yeni Asir, Liverpool are considering a swoop for the pair for a combined price of €7.5million (£6.6million).

Negotiations between both clubs are reportedly underway and the Altinordu president has backed the pair to move to the Premier League.

Am starting to wonder if there might be a Chinese heist of the top players in Europe. 

Will the players stick with the current arrangements and perhaps take a salary cut, or will they have their head turned by Beijing's seedy under-bellend? 

The state would underwrite a massive loss if it meant raising the profile of the country in football, and basically transplanting all the top players from Europe into their league. 

That's it.  That's my comment. 

Best, 

Bumcunt 

16 minutes ago, S.i.t.M aka The Boring One™ said:

Liverpool are considering a £6.6million bid to sign exciting Turkish duo Ravil Tagir and Burak Ince, according to a report.

The pair play for Turkish second-tier side Altinordu and have made a combined 46 appearances this season.

Tagir, a 17-year-old defender, has made the most progress to date, playing 26 of 28 league games this term.

What’s more, he is also working his way through Turkey’s youth ranks, currently playing at Under-17 level.

Attacking midfielder Ince, meanwhile, is at Under-16 level on the international stage and he has been involved in four goals in 19 appearances this campaign.

According to Yeni Asir, Liverpool are considering a swoop for the pair for a combined price of €7.5million (£6.6million).

Negotiations between both clubs are reportedly underway and the Altinordu president has backed the pair to move to the Premier League.

Ince?

No.