You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

59 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

There should be a spirit of the game rule. We relax the punishments for FFP during covid unless your clearly taking the piss. If corona is effecting your finances you shouldn't be going out spending a fortune on players anyway. FFP is to protect clubs and football this isn't just a plaything for bored billionaires, murderous states PR exercises nor should it be a money laundering operation for unscrupulous arseholes. 

This. Spending then claiming you have failed FFP because of coronavirus should be a punishable offence.

Rumours of a short stay in the Bundesliga have already begun to swirl, however, and the player’s former coach at Norwegian side Bryne – Alf Ingve Berntsen – has urged Haaland to consider a switch to Merseyside in the future.

“I’m a fan of Liverpool, so of course I would like to see him play for them,” said Berntsen (via Goal.com).

“English football is by far the most popular in Norway. And most young Norwegian footballers dream of playing in the Premier League, as did Erling’s father (Alf Inge Haaland).

“I sincerely believe that he has the skills to play at such a club. I don’t know what the strategies of Real Madrid, Manchester United or the other big clubs are with regard to Erling,” he continued.

“But if I had been responsible for the six to eight best clubs in the world, I would have bought him immediately. He is already very good, he has shown a great personality, he scores a lot of goals whatever the level of the opponents and he is only 19 years old.

“He will continue to develop and in two years he will be one of the best.”

Time for a new feature...Ridiculous Red Rumour...

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp is exploring the idea of signing Tottenham midfielder Tanguy Ndombele, according to a report.

The fanciful idea has been mooted by French source Foot Mercato, who claim that Klopp is looking at a loan deal with an option to buy for the powerful midfielder.

56 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

AS Roma hope their good relationship with Liverpool would help them get Dejan Lovren at a discount price - The Italian side is said to want to pay €5M (£4,38M) for his services, considering his entering his final year of contract. [@Gazzetta_it] https://t.co/X41zhBm4PN

for all the good they've done us, i think it would be fairer if we gave them €5m to take him.

its the least we could do

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

As much as I think it would be a misuse of funds, a partnership of Van Dijk and Koulibaly would be hilarious.

Them other kids will take their ball and go home. Calling not fair teams.