Quantcast
Summer 2020 Transfer Thread - Page 298 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Captain Turdseye

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

3 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Would love that. He was really good before Arsenal ruined him. He's someone we could rehabilitate.

Please elaborate. He’s yet to make an appearance for them. 

1 hour ago, Nelly-Torres said:

A few years back we were linked with a young Congolese lad playing for Paris FC in the French second division. Silas Wamangituka. He moved to Stuttgart. He's been there a couple of seasons, looks like he can play across the front three positions. Haven't seen much of him, but he's getting good numbers in his first Bundesliga season and could be one to keep an eye on. 

His name could cover the shirts across the front three positions.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, aRdja said:

Please elaborate. He’s yet to make an appearance for them. 

Arteta parked him in the u23's. I'm not an Arsenal insider but it's apparently to do with the fact he was an Emery signing and he doesn't like him. That's just speculation, though. They're a shit show, so anything's possible, including apparently paying 30m for an 18 year old and then having him rot in the reserves, for whatever reason. Also, I think I saw that both his parents died recently and he's got some mental issues that have plagued him. 

But he was excellent at St-Etienne, he has all the talent in the world and he's just 19. If you're comparing with Fofana, also from St-Etienne, Saliba was as impressive, if not more. 

2 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

I'd grab Botman and Renato Sanches. The latter has had a big revival and he's the style of midfielder who'd do well for us. 

1 hour ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

Botman only turns up when a light appears in the sky with a Bot on it.

I thought he was the guy that was liking Man City's twitter account.

• Upvote 2

Jurgen Klopp is an admirer of Renato Sanches and his profile appeals to him very much Premier League champions are "thinking of" signing the Portuguese midfielder as Gini Wijnaldum's replacement [@le10sport via @Sport_Witness]

Someone has been reading 3 Stacks posts.

9 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Jurgen Klopp is an admirer of Renato Sanches and his profile appeals to him very much Premier League champions are "thinking of" signing the Portuguese midfielder as Gini Wijnaldum's replacement [@le10sport via @Sport_Witness]

Someone has been reading 3 Stacks posts.

I think most big clubs will have looked at him again. He's been bossing it this season.

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

I think most big clubs will have looked at him again. He's been bossing it this season.

This is the lad who couldn't make it into the Swansea team in their relegation year? Must be some turnaround if Klopp actually is interested. 

One of the best forwards in the league was plying his trade for Fleetwood in his mid 20’s prior to breaking though. If Sanches had the ability to make such a big splash from a young age then it’s reasonable to assume his issues weren’t to do with his ability but more his mentality and application. 

7 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

One of the best forwards in the league was plying his trade for Fleetwood in his mid 20’s prior to breaking though. If Sanches had the ability to make such a big splash from a young age then it’s reasonable to assume his issues weren’t to do with his ability but more his mentality and application. 

You might be right, but the situations are different. Vardy was on an upward trajectory and never failed any time he went up a level. Sanches has already failed at the top level in Germany and England. He might be tearing up the French league, but that's a poor league by comparison. 

13 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Sanches is a prototypical Moneyball signing.

He was superb at Benfica. Awful at Swansea. 

Sanchez looked brilliant when he broke into the scene with Portugal. 

Add to that I signed him on Fifa the year before he went to Bayern and he was ace