Quantcast
Summer 2020 Transfer Thread - Page 296 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Captain Turdseye

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

11 minutes ago, aws said:

Depends on him really. If he develops into a real threat at Championship level then I think he'll come back although he might have to have another loan first because he needs to be looking like an Owen to break into our team as a teenager. If he doesn't we'll sell him for £20m or so.  

Yeah, I guess. I'm just shocked we're letting him go. I've just always felt klopp likes to keep the young players he rates close to him and the squad. Hopefully he'll smash the championship to bits. 

1 hour ago, Gumsy said:

A bit suprised the Wilson loan is for the whole season. Would have though we'd try to sell him in January again.

Cant play for three sides in a season. Cost of that League cup appearance.

49 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Brewster was only 19 when he went on loan. We've loaned loads of teenagers, I can't recall klopp ever taking 1 back 

Kiss of death the loan with Kloppo.

Elliot has never really impressed when he's had a chance, let's be honest. I know he's young but nothing he's done has ever stood out 

• Downvote 1

12 hours ago, joe_fishfish said:

Origi went out on loan and had a decent season for us when he came back. Although to be fair, we likely only kept him that year because no one wanted to buy him.

Which is my point. We loaned origi to sell him (in fact we'd have probably sold him had there been an appropriate offer) and kept him after the loan because we still couldn't sell him. And despite him scoring some really crucial goals, that's been completely at odds with his overall level which has been continually poor. 

12 hours ago, Daisy said:

Elliot has never really impressed when he's had a chance, let's be honest. I know he's young but nothing he's done has ever stood out 

Fucking hell, you're hard to please. He's 17, he's shown loads for that age imo. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Daisy said:

So because he hasn't won the World Cup like Pele did in 1958 when he was 17 then we've signed a dud , just wow really .

On 16/10/2020 at 21:21, joe_fishfish said:

Origi went out on loan and had a decent season for us when he came back. Although to be fair, we likely only kept him that year because no one wanted to buy him.

Origi went out on loan and then straight onto the transfer list. Best offer we got was €14 mil or something,  which is why we kept him.

He then turns up in injury time against the blue shite as a last throw of the dice, halfway through the season for his first appearance and the rest is history.

"A decent season" is pushing it massively. He scored 5 big goals in 4 games, and did fuck all else during that period, and since.

1 hour ago, therevivalist said:

Is there any chance that the FA will still hand motherfucking Pickford a red card following our appeal?

They shouldn't need our letter to do that.  But as they're inept scum they'll do fuck all.

1 hour ago, therevivalist said:

Is there any chance that the FA will still hand motherfucking Pickford a red card following our appeal?

We haven’t appealed anything, have we? We’ve just asked for clarification of why they didn’t look at the Pickford tackle.

4 hours ago, therevivalist said:

I'm not sure if they still take action since VAR came in to play?

He can do more damage in goal for them than he does in the stands.

4 hours ago, therevivalist said:

Yeah, bonne chance and no fucking chance!