Captain Turdseye

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

On 11/10/2020 at 20:39, whtwht said:

There really is a dearth of good goalkeepers in England. How about Vorm who was at Spurs?

Wasn't we interested him when he was at Swansea? Wonder where he is now. 

I don't know but shouldn't there be someone scouting for a goalie? Surely there is some in the lower leagues as opposed to the names being bandied about that could of been identified a few years ago and brought through and made ready for his chance, as opposed to a more experienced player, maybe there is at the academy but not ready, going back to Vorm I thought he was going places and I haven't heard where he is now, he seemed alright when Swansea was in the top flight. 

10 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

I don't know but shouldn't there be someone scouting for a goalie? Surely there is some in the lower leagues as opposed to the names being bandied about that could of been identified a few years ago and brought through and made ready for his chance, as opposed to a more experienced player, maybe there is at the academy but not ready, going back to Vorm I thought he was going places and I haven't heard where he is now, he seemed alright when Swansea was in the top flight. 

How long is it our keeper coach has held his post, never in all his time has he brought 1 prospect to the team. imo he should be the first one who is binned.

59 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

We bought a new Brazilian lad. 

4 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

1.2m loan fee agreed with cardiff for Wilson. Seems pretty cheap that. I am still surprised there wasn't a prem club willing to pick up a lad who does have goals in him.

Unfortunately you've got to keep him on the pitch to score them...

• Upvote 1

Herbie Kane off to Barnsley on a permanent deal - £1.25m including add-ons, plus a 15% sell on clause.

Barnsley getting a good young central midfielder. I can quite easily see him moving on, and up, in a couple of seasons.

I liked watching Herbie for the 18s/23s, and on occasion when he was out on loan at Doncaster and then Hull. A good all round midfielder who needs to be playing first team football at this stage of his career.

• Upvote 5

23 minutes ago, Dynamite said:

Herbie Kane off to Barnsley on a permanent deal - £1.25m including add-ons, plus a 15% sell on clause.

Barnsley getting a good young central midfielder. I can quite easily see him moving on, and up, in a couple of seasons.

I liked watching Herbie for the 18s/23s, and on occasion when he was out on loan at Doncaster and then Hull. A good all round midfielder who needs to be playing first team football at this stage of his career.

Doesn't Billy Beane hold a stake in Barnsley? 

13 minutes ago, SlugTrail said:

Doesn't Billy Beane hold a stake in Barnsley? 

Billy Beane doesn't have any money - he fronts a fund.

On the loan thing - who is left?

Grujic and Wilson gone, who else was left off the registration?

Bit shit on Elliot as I thought we had him earmarked for more games here. Come from Fulham and play for us. Sign your senior contract. Now fuck off to Blackburn...

10 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I'm surprised at this. Has klopp integrated anyone after they've gone on loan or is it pretty much the end for them when he sanctions a loan?

Elliott is what, 17 or 18? Hardly the same situation as loaning out a player nearing their mid-20s, where it's more about putting a player in the shop window.

With Jota, Origi, Mini and Shaq as competition for the bench he wasn't going to get on the pitch much unless we had a real injury crisis upfront. 

• Upvote 1

He only turned 17 in April and this will do him no harm in my eyes. Already out of the League Cup so unlikely to play unless we had a dead rubber in Europe or in the FA Cup.

A season in the championship will be great for him.

Likely needs to bulk up a bit but no shock at his age, 

1 hour ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

He only turned 17 in April and this will do him no harm in my eyes. Already out of the League Cup so unlikely to play unless we had a dead rubber in Europe or in the FA Cup.

Yeah I reckon this too. He's at an age where he needs competitive games to take the next step in his development. I can see him ripping it up there and coming back ready for the bench consistently next season here. 

Just worried he will end up in with that Bradley Dack who is a fucking bellend. Well I assume he is a bellend anyway because he goes out with this cunt from Love Island

love-island-s-olivia-attwood-announces-e

2 hours ago, Trumo said:

Elliott is what, 17 or 18? Hardly the same situation as loaning out a player nearing their mid-20s, where it's more about putting a player in the shop window.

Brewster was only 19 when he went on loan. We've loaned loads of teenagers, I can't recall klopp ever taking 1 back 

3 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Brewster was only 19 when he went on loan. We've loaned loads of teenagers, I can't recall klopp ever taking 1 back 

Depends on him really. If he develops into a real threat at Championship level then I think he'll come back although he might have to have another loan first because he needs to be looking like an Owen to break into our team as a teenager. If he doesn't we'll sell him for £20m or so.  

Elliott wouldn't play. No reason to keep him in the squad this season and it's no indication that we don't rate him. He's a literal child, he's just not ready to consistently be in a world class squad when we just went out of a cup.