You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

7 hours ago, Daisy said:

Elliot has never really impressed when he's had a chance, let's be honest. I know he's young but nothing he's done has ever stood out 

Klopp out. 

12 hours ago, joe_fishfish said:

Origi went out on loan and had a decent season for us when he came back. Although to be fair, we likely only kept him that year because no one wanted to buy him.

Which is my point. We loaned origi to sell him (in fact we'd have probably sold him had there been an appropriate offer) and kept him after the loan because we still couldn't sell him. And despite him scoring some really crucial goals, that's been completely at odds with his overall level which has been continually poor. 

18 hours ago, Daisy said:

Elliot has never really impressed when he's had a chance, let's be honest. I know he's young but nothing he's done has ever stood out 

So because he hasn't won the World Cup like Pele did in 1958 when he was 17 then we've signed a dud , just wow really .

On 16/10/2020 at 21:21, joe_fishfish said:

Origi went out on loan and had a decent season for us when he came back. Although to be fair, we likely only kept him that year because no one wanted to buy him.

Origi went out on loan and then straight onto the transfer list. Best offer we got was €14 mil or something,  which is why we kept him.

He then turns up in injury time against the blue shite as a last throw of the dice, halfway through the season for his first appearance and the rest is history.

"A decent season" is pushing it massively. He scored 5 big goals in 4 games, and did fuck all else during that period, and since.

1 hour ago, therevivalist said:

Is there any chance that the FA will still hand motherfucking Pickford a red card following our appeal?

We haven’t appealed anything, have we? We’ve just asked for clarification of why they didn’t look at the Pickford tackle.

• 1 month later...
On 16/08/2020 at 12:04, No2 said:

Sheff Utd signing Ramsdale from Bormurnemount. He's shite, 4/1 on them being relegated looks tasty, form fell off a cliff and now significantly weakened in the most important part of the pitch.

I called this in August. Didn't back it obviously because I'm a cunt. 

• Upvote 1

There's a young Dutch defender at Lille that is a better fit for the Premier League than Schurrs, I think. Sven Botman. 6 foot 4 tank, pretty talented, and left footed, which is a commodity. It'd make sense if we were paying attention to him for the summer. He looks like a future top defender and he's already pretty good.

Schurrs was pretty good against us. I don't think he's meant to be a top, top talent, though.

7 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

There's a young Dutch defender at Lille that is a better fit for the Premier League than Schurrs, I think. Sven Botman. 6 foot 4 tank, pretty talented, and left footed, which is a commodity. It'd make sense if we were paying attention to him for the summer. He looks like a future top defender and he's already pretty good.

Schurrs was pretty good against us. I don't think he's meant to be a top, top talent, though.

Never seen him play but I want him. He sounds amazing.